ADVERTISEMENT

Modern date issues

blizzard

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2001
I think I have this, but I got it from Tigerillustrated. I think there should be a disclaimer, should I sue?

But my attorney just went to prison🤷‍♂️

@Cris_Ard

This is a relatively new condition which is not clearly defined, although in the medical community it is thought to be a form of trigger thumb, a constriction of the thumb’s flexor tendon. While the science is still out on texting thumb, doctors believe frequent texting and use of smartphones may cause or aggravate this condition. A popping or clicking when bending the thumb may be an indicator that you have trigger thumb; in severe cases the thumb may become locked in a curled position.

While cortisone injections and surgery have been used to treat trigger thumb, it may be better to be proactive and make an effort to curb your texting addiction, or failing that, consider using your index finger when you’re on the phone.

So whether your guilty pleasure is video games, social media, or just texting with friends, please be aware that these activities may be correlated with repetitive stress injuries. To all the tech junkies out there, we wish you a happy National techies day, and don’t forget to contact Resurgens Orthpaedics if you end up with pain in your texting hand.

Reactions: BAnksMcFadden
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News