ADVERTISEMENT

Most of America Wants Trump?

Even though he just said heā€™s not running, you would think a Republican like Larry Hogan would have broader appeal than Joe Biden.

His problem is that nobody knows who he is.

Most people don't follow politics like the people who post on this board do. Most people vote on name recognition alone. It helped trump, biden and is currently helping that kook kennedy clock 14% in dem primary polling.

If you watched the 2016 Republican primaries and did not realize that kasich was, by far, the best option, then you are probably one of the people I am talking about.

Most people don't follow politics like the people who post on this board do. Most people vote on name recognition alone. It helped trump, biden and is currently helping that kook kennedy clock 14% in dem primary polling.

If you watched the 2016 Republican primaries and did not realize that kasich was, by far, the best option, then you are probably one of the people I am talking about.

I voted for Kasich in the primary.

But yea, the electorate is mostly pretty dumb. Weā€™re probably past the point of the best ideas and positions winning.

Kasich is ALWAYS my favorite republican candidate. Problem is they'd never give him the nomination. He's too normal and doesn't really care about any of the grievance politics driving the party these days.

I voted for Kasich in the primary.

But yea, the electorate is mostly pretty dumb. Weā€™re probably past the point of the best ideas and positions winning.

Wow, I did too...

Kasich would have taken it easily if he would have gone to the general. Well-liked and respected by Democrats as well as center right Republicans.

Kasich is ALWAYS my favorite republican candidate. Problem is they'd never give him the nomination. He's too normal and doesn't really care about any of the grievance politics driving the party these days.

It's truly sad that we have candidates in this country that can bring together folks that differ in political outlook (just look at the 5 posters above), but we can't get them to run or gain any ground in a primary. We are our own worst enemy!

Which Republican nominee would defeat Biden?
Damn near any of them. Biden sucks. Pick someone... ANYONE who isn't a Trumpian and the Republicans win. Pick someone that's at least a little moderate and it won't even be close.

But that's not going to happen. Republicans are going to run Trump again. They will lose and bitch about cheating.

Even though he just said heā€™s not running, you would think a Republican like Larry Hogan would have broader appeal than Joe Biden.
This is probably true because Biden is just too old, but serious question - since you know it's true that someone like Hogan would have wide appeal, why haven't you ever pumped other moderate Republicans in the past? At one time, it seemed like you were onboard with DeSantis but it feels like you've backed off of that some, likely because he's become a more sinister version of Trump. Just curious why you aren't openly endorsing someone like Sununu? He's pretty much in the same vein and just as likeable as Hogan. I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, just genuinely curious.

This is probably true because Biden is just too old, but serious question - since you know it's true that someone like Hogan would have wide appeal, why haven't you ever pumped other moderate Republicans in the past? At one time, it seemed like you were onboard with DeSantis but it feels like you've backed off of that some, likely because he's become a more sinister version of Trump. Just curious why you aren't openly endorsing someone like Sununu? He's pretty much in the same vein and just as likeable as Hogan. I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, just genuinely curious.

I donā€™t think Ive pumped any candidates. Iā€™ve said all along that Iā€™d rather someone else emerge other than Desantis. Iā€™ve soured on him some more over time though. I donā€™t think heā€™s some sinister guy like you, but I think the culture war and Disney stuff is a turn off and not where we should be focusing.

Iā€™d probably vote for Haley of the current candidates. Is Sununu thinking about running? I can look into him more.

I donā€™t think Ive pumped any candidates. Iā€™ve said all along that Iā€™d rather someone else emerge other than Desantis. Iā€™ve soured on him some more over time though. I donā€™t think heā€™s some sinister guy like you, but I think the culture war and Disney stuff is a turn off and not where we should be focusing.

Iā€™d probably vote for Haley of the current candidates. Is Sununu thinking about running? I can look into him more.
He's been talking about it for months and he's being encouraged to run by the moderate wing of the party. If you watch the video I posted, he sounds like someone you would align with 100%.

Damn near any of them. Biden sucks. Pick someone... ANYONE who isn't a Trumpian and the Republicans win. Pick someone that's at least a little moderate and it won't even be close.

But that's not going to happen. Republicans are going to run Trump again. They will lose and bitch about cheating.
Do two different posters post under your account?

even if the GOP nominates someone else, that asshole will run 3rd party or better yet ... he would say that the primaries were rigged by the deep state and to boycott the General ... and his followers would do it.

the GOP is in a real pickle here until Trump succumbs to his diet of Big Macs, KFC, and Taco Bell.

even if the GOP nominates someone else, that asshole will run 3rd party or better yet ... he would say that the primaries were rigged by the deep state and to boycott the General ... and his followers would do it.

the GOP is in a real pickle here until Trump succumbs to his diet of Big Macs, KFC, and Taco Bell.
Do you think so? I'll be honest, I have no idea.

No way his ego allows him to take a L in the primaries. Nothing Trump has ever doneā€¦ ever ā€¦ convinces me that he would bow out with grace and integrity.
I agree that's there's no way he bows out with grace and integrity... zero chance of that. I'm thinking that there's no way he can win as a 3rd party candidate. No 3rd party candidate has captured even 15% of the vote. FWIW, I do think Trump would get maybe 20% of the vote, so he'd do better than anyone. But it's still a loss. And Trump has to know that he's going to lose... I think IF he were to lose the Republican nomination, there's a decent chance he does the "take my ball and go home" thing instead of taking another L by running as a 3rd party candidate.

I agree that's there's no way he bows out with grace and integrity... zero chance of that. I'm thinking that there's no way he can win as a 3rd party candidate. No 3rd party candidate has captured even 15% of the vote. FWIW, I do think Trump would get maybe 20% of the vote, so he'd do better than anyone. But it's still a loss. And Trump has to know that he's going to lose... I think IF he were to lose the Republican nomination, there's a decent chance he does the "take my ball and go home" thing instead of taking another L by running as a 3rd party candidate.
He would start a viable new party that would pull some independents and dems imo.

He would start a viable new party that would pull some independents and dems imo.
Nope. He didn't pull Independents and Dems last time... he won't do it this time. He would lose, badly. And then he would say that even though he was a 3rd party candidate, he really won and that Republican and Dems were cheating. THEN you'd spend the next couple of years posting BS articles about how all the mole people were illegally voting and how somehow half of all Dems and Republicans actually voted for him.

Nope. He didn't pull Independents and Dems last time... he won't do it this time. He would lose, badly. And then he would say that even though he was a 3rd party candidate, he really won and that Republican and Dems were cheating. THEN you'd spend the next couple of years posting BS articles about how all the mole people were illegally voting and how somehow half of all Dems and Republicans actually voted for him.
His platform will appeal to independents and centrist dems. Take the poison created toward hm out of the equation and he and others using that platform will pull indys and dems.

His platform will appeal to independents and centrist dems. Take the poison created toward hm out of the equation and he and others using that platform will pull indys and dems.

You can't possibly believe this. He, by all polling got killed by Dems and Indy's in the last election, but somehow, in spite of his approval being far worst than it was then due to his denial and lies, he is gonna get them this time? That's freaking insane.

Reactions: DW4_2016
You think Democrats will like him better AFTER he tried to destroy our democracy? šŸ˜… šŸ˜…

As you can imagine, I know hundreds of Democrats and I only know of one that voted for him the first time and I don't consider that guy to be smart. When I asked him why he voted for him, he said "because he tells it like it is!" Derp....

You can't possibly believe this. He, by all polling got killed by Dems and Indy's in the last election, but somehow, in spite of his approval being far worst than it was then due to his denial and lies, he is gonna get them this time? That's freaking insane.
You are too dumb with tunnel vision to see that I stated the platform rather than the person.

• Haha
You think Democrats will like him better AFTER he tried to destroy our democracy? šŸ˜… šŸ˜…

As you can imagine, I know hundreds of Democrats and I only know of one that voted for him the first time and I don't consider that guy to be smart. When I asked him why he voted for him, he said "because he tells it like it is!" Derp....
These are words totally out of touch from reality of a left wing lunatic.

• Haha
These are words totally out of touch from reality of a left wing lunatic.
That offer to pay for your picture still stands! šŸ˜…

close-up-man-looking-magnifying-glass-20070497.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT