ADVERTISEMENT

MTG Swatted on Christmas

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
This is sick and they are not even arresting the punk. Let's hope the loony libs on this board are not participating in this unlawful and dangerous activity.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73 and DW4_2016
This is sick and they are not even arresting the punk. Let's hope the loony libs on this board are not participating in this unlawful and dangerous activity.

That's a direct threat. That guy should absolutely be in jail.

Her state patrol or gbi also has the authority to investigate and prosecute though.

But that's a totally unacceptable thing to say to anyone and should be criminal.

The death threat for a public official should not be take lightly. Guy should be in custody. Did he actually swat her or are they just confused on lingo?

Reactions: fcctiger12
The death threat for a public official should not be take lightly. Guy should be in custody. Did he actually swat her or are they just confused on lingo?

Talking about different things. She was both swatted (by someone unknown) and faced threats like this.

I will say, as someone who deals with this kind of thing in my day to day, it's not abnormal for a law enforcement agency to asses the threat situation like this. In that they identify an actionable threat, then they conduct Intel. If that Intel determines this person isn't a threat, they will recommend against protection. I've been involved in this process for my bosses at every level (local, state, federal, including working with CP and secret service) and frequently a threatening and scary environment doesn't result is protection for an elected official.

MTG is right to be outraged by it, but, in my extensive experience with this exact situation, police just aren't going to provide the level of protection she might think she needs.

Full time year round detail is about 750k, roughly (2-3 agents and an admin staff). She should easily be able to fund that through her campaign if she feels like she needs it. Sucks, but it's what lots of other do.

Reactions: fcctiger12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT