ADVERTISEMENT

My "No Comments Please" Poll on Tillman Hall

Possible Tillman Hall Name Change (Pick One and DO NOT Comment, PLEASE)

• Leave the name Tillman Hall (Does not require Legislative Approval).

Votes: 165 15.6%
  • Change the name back to Old Main or Old Main Hall (Requires Legislative Approval).

Votes: 771 72.7%
  • Give the BOT permission to select a new name (Also Requires Legislative Approval).

Votes: 124 11.7%

• Total voters
According to a local Clemson pseudo historian, the name Old Main never appeared anywhere in Clemson record books. At least, he has searched and searched and has yet to find an official reference.

I think that was simply the name to which it was affectionately referred by cadets of that era.

I like it. A lot.

I actually love Old Main. We just need to stop naming anything after human beings in general because inevitably something will come up. Agree with TruTiger4Life on this one.
No more statutes either. Saves tax dollars or private funds that could go to worthy causes instead. And every man or woman who has lived on this planet other than Jesus has flaws. So no one moving forward deserves a statute. Because they aren’t worthy.

Dabo needs a statue.

Makes me think. Somewhat not what you are saying though.

I think it's always best to wait some amount of years after someone is done coaching before doing something like that. Maybe even after they're dead. It gives you time to reflect on them and see if they are worthy after history has its say.

Think about the Joe Paterno statue.

(That said, no way Dabo is in that company obviously!)

How bout Trump Tower

Thats-Bait.jpg

STFU Earle

Old Main works for me I guess but it’s not very original. Penn St, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Miss St, GW, etc... all have a similar building that served the same purpose at one time and are also called Old Main.

Not sure what the answer is but just seems like people could be a little more creative and come up with a name that carries a little more substance.

Maybe Pitchfork Hall? If they decide that all pitchforks are bad then we can go from there.

Reactions: PawSoHard
Old Main works for me I guess but it’s not very original. Penn St, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Miss St, GW, etc... all have a similar building that served the same purpose at one time and are also called Old Main.

Not sure what the answer is but just seems like people could be a little more creative and come up with a name that carries a little more substance.
Well we are the tigers ..... we can distinguish ourselves just fine.

Reactions: eubyscott
Other than honoring Clemson’s service members, like “Veterans Hall”.

Even then.... move away from controversy, Old Main it is.

Reactions: CU Alumnus
I don't have time to worry about Tillman Hall. I'm in Charleston where I grew up, and on the local news there is a movement here to remove 'Plantation' off of all neighborhoods because of the word's racial history. Damn, just when I thought this lunacy could not get any worse!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT