ADVERTISEMENT

My take

wvatiger13

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2010
So I purposefully didn’t post yesterday to have a night to sleep on it. But here are my thoughts:

1. Cade looked a little better. I think it’s really hard to judge improvement against possibly the best D in CFB. Let’s give it a little more time before we throw dirt on his grave. He had good accuracy on a couple deep balls. Didn’t spazz out except for once I can remember. We’ll see.

2. The Adam Randall and Cole Turner experiment needs to end now. We can’t keep rolling these guys out hoping they’ll produce. Time to sink or swim with Wesco and Moore who have much higher upsides.

3. The OL looked a little better. We’ll see.

4. Brinny made an incredible catch. But he still can’t block.

5. P Woo at DE is wasting his talent. He still played well but he’d be a monster at DT. I’ll address this below.

6. Linebackers didn’t even seem to show up.

7. Lukas looks painfully slow.

8. Part of me wants to think the D was worn out by the O doing nothing, BUT we got gashed as soon as the second half started. They made adjustments and we didn’t. Not great.

9. Which brings us to coaching. There was no question which team was more prepared and well-coached today. Which has sadly been the case for several years now.

10. Couldn’t help but think if we had used all options available to us and acquired a DE to allow Woods to play his natural position, a legit #1 WR, a center and maybe even a QB to at least push Cade….maybe, maybe things would’ve looked a little different yesterday.

I still think we can have a solid season. I still think we are better than NCST and FSU. I think Cade can progress still. I think the talented freshmen WRs can make an impact. But it’s hard to be excited for the future after what we saw yesterday.

Go Tigers always!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.