ADVERTISEMENT

NBA/ L James......act getting old

santee

Woodrush
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
Enjoy watching the NBA games but have to turn it before post game interviews....Commentary is relentless about BLM with all of them saying the same thing and sticking with the political line. What irritates Me is not one person has advised people to cooperate with the police, to not resist arrest and have your day in court. Seems if they were really concerned this would be the first advice they would give.

Was a huge fan of LJ till he went to the Lakers. Now he seems obsessed with attention. Got pissed at Bucks for blindsiding the other teams. Had a meeting with players and pissed the young guys off acting like he was in controlled then apparently stormed out of the room when they resisted him. Seems the bright lights of LA have made him much worse.

tenor.gif

Watch my Celtics but won’t watch any of the other games. James has become insufferable. If you want to go into politics please do. Maybe you should read the facts of the situation and stop defending people who break the law and have no regard for authority.

Watch my Celtics but won’t watch any of the other games. James has become insufferable. If you want to go into politics please do. Maybe you should read the facts of the situation and stop defending people who break the law and have no regard for authority.
The China thing is what got me..how can he say someone else was “ uneducated on the situation” lol..we all know what China is about and how they treat the people

Enjoy watching the NBA games but have to turn it before post game interviews....Commentary is relentless about BLM with all of them saying the same thing and sticking with the political line. What irritates Me is not one person has advised people to cooperate with the police, to not resist arrest and have your day in court. Seems if they were really concerned this would be the first advice they would give.

Was a huge fan of LJ till he went to the Lakers. Now he seems obsessed with attention. Got pissed at Bucks for blindsiding the other teams. Had a meeting with players and pissed the young guys off acting like he was in controlled then apparently stormed out of the room when they resisted him. Seems the bright lights of LA have made him much worse.
I haven't seen anything about him storming out but I can see why he was upset with how the Bucks didn't notify the other teams what they were wanting to do.

The teams need to be aligned if they are going to make a big statement like not playing playoff games. To do so without a thought out plan of action makes all of the NBA look bad. That is what pissed off Lebron.

Black families throughout the country have a conversation with their kids about handling situations with police. And yet we have seen that is not enough.

I haven't seen anything about him storming out but I can see why he was upset with how the Bucks didn't notify the other teams what they were wanting to do.

The teams need to be aligned if they are going to make a big statement like not playing playoff games. To do so without a thought out plan of action makes all of the NBA look bad. That is what pissed off Lebron.

Black families throughout the country have a conversation with their kids about handling situations with police. And yet we have seen that is not enough.

The number one thing to be taught is to not resist arrest. The guy in WI had an active warrant for his arrest for a sex crime and the law had been called on him by other african american residents and he resisted arrest. The officers did their job....their lives are on the line dealing with law breakers like this guy daily. They should face no charges here.

- The Atlanta shooting. The policeman should of faced no charges and will be exonerated.
- Floyd shooting. The more we find out the murkier it gets. Its now been certified that Floyd had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system and the new video that came out showed him saying he couldnt breathe while upright as they were trying to get him in the backseat of the car. With this fact, any lawyer is going to be able to throw some doubt on how much pressure the officer actually had on his neck.

Its just common sense, do not resist arrest, so hopefully african american families are teaching this and understand it to be the correct thing to do. If any think they have to resist police out of fear of death, then I recommend to quickly and legally immigrate to another country to live the rest of your lives.

I am all for law, order and justice for all.

Reactions: FranktheDank
The number one thing to be taught is to not resist arrest. The guy in WI had an active warrant for his arrest for a sex crime and the law had been called on him by other african american residents and he resisted arrest. The officers did their job....their lives are on the line dealing with law breakers like this guy daily. They should face no charges here.

- The Atlanta shooting. The policeman should of faced no charges and will be exonerated.
- Floyd shooting. The more we find out the murkier it gets. Its now been certified that Floyd had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system and the new video that came out showed him saying he couldnt breathe while upright as they were trying to get him in the backseat of the car. With this fact, any lawyer is going to be able to throw some doubt on how much pressure the officer actually had on his neck.

Its just common sense, do not resist arrest, so hopefully african american families are teaching this and understand it to be the correct thing to do. If any think they have to resist police out of fear of death, then I recommend to quickly and legally immigrate to another country to live the rest of your lives.

What if you believe that the arrest is unlawful? Because you can legally resist an unlawful arrest just as sure as any other right. Not necessarily talking about Blake, just interested on your thoughts on that in general.

Its just common sense, do not resist arrest, so hopefully african american families are teaching this and understand it to be the correct thing to do. If any think they have to resist police out of fear of death, then I recommend to quickly and legally immigrate to another country to live the rest of your lives

Atlanta.....do not totally agree.....the officers had his car and drivers license,etc. Let him go and go to his residence later and arrest him before you shoot him while he is running away.

Minnesota.......no way you can defend the officers action....had
two other cops holding his lower body down and was handcuffed.....absolutely no reason to put your foot on his throat

You have to look at both sides of it but bottom line is if they do not resist arrest and remain unarmed they will not get shot.
But have not heard anybody promoting BLM say this. Also no one will address blacks killing blacks in relation to deaths of blacks. It is a political no no.

Atlanta.....do not totally agree.....the officers had his car and drivers license,etc. Let him go and go to his residence later and arrest him before you shoot him while he is running away.

Minnesota.......no way you can defend the officers action....had
two other cops holding his lower body down and was handcuffed.....absolutely no reason to put your foot on his throat

You have to look at both sides of it but bottom line is if they do not resist arrest and remain unarmed they will not get shot.
But have not heard anybody promoting BLM say this. Also no one will address blacks killing blacks in relation to deaths of blacks. It is a political no no.
Why do you think there is so much black on black crime? Because we can have that conversation.

Also we are talking police because these are supposed to be the people who protect the community they serve. Not harm. Not abuse their power that they have been given.

The issue with your statements is that you ignore the fact in each of those situations the officers either killed or attempted to kill the “suspect.” There was absolutely no reason for George Floyd to have a knee on his neck for close to 9 minutes. The officer’s life was not in danger. That’s murder. There was no reason for Rayshard Brooks to be shot while running away from police officers with a useless taser in hand. The officer’s life was not in danger. That’s murder. There was no reason for the officer to shoot Jacob Blake point blank 7 TIMES even if he did possibly have a knife in his vehicle. That’s attempted murder.

These police officers needed to be trained better and it’s a shame that those men died regardless of the fact that they were breaking the law, which can be debated in George Floyd’s case.

I’m all for justice and abiding by the law and not resisting arrest, but the real issue here is that black people don’t get the benefit of the doubt like white people. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Black people are assumed guilty by the police, while white people generally are not assumed guilty. There are so many examples of this, including the latest in the 17yr old who murdered 2 people and was not even apprehended by the police when he was trying to give himself up.

The root of the BLM movement is based on this systematic racism that many people are obliviously to apparently.

Reactions: TheValley91

Go live in North Korea China Venezuela or most of the Moslem and Unstable Pacific Rim countries

If you live in fear now you would be crapping and pissing your pants every day

we are so lucky to be Americans and live in America

I know the police are not perfect and have had a few tense moments regarding law enforcement in the past

The best lesson that the people do not follow is comply with the police , do not under any circumstances physically resist arrest, do not verbally argue with police , ask for a lawyer immediately, say nothing

Lebron James is fueling violence

but what do I know

So keep doing wh at t you do King James

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Do you hate Jaylen Brown? He is as active and vocal about social justice as much, if not more than anyone in the league.

To follow up my last post traveling in old Soviet Union satellite countries can be a terror

police robbing tourists at gunpoint

police kidnapping young beautiful girls to enslave as sex slaves

I hope Lebron goes on a trip to an African nation out in the sticks with wads of cash that he flashes

That would be the last we hear of Lebron

So Lebron go ahead and bad mouth police

I am not listening as millions of Americans are tuning you out

The issue with your statements is that you ignore the fact in each of those situations the officers either killed or attempted to kill the “suspect.” There was absolutely no reason for George Floyd to have a knee on his neck for close to 9 minutes. The officer’s life was not in danger. That’s murder. There was no reason for Rayshard Brooks to be shot while running away from police officers with a useless taser in hand. The officer’s life was not in danger. That’s murder. There was no reason for the officer to shoot Jacob Blake point blank 7 TIMES even if he did possibly have a knife in his vehicle. That’s attempted murder.

These police officers needed to be trained better and it’s a shame that those men died regardless of the fact that they were breaking the law, which can be debated in George Floyd’s case.

I’m all for justice and abiding by the law and not resisting arrest, but the real issue here is that black people don’t get the benefit of the doubt like white people. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Black people are assumed guilty by the police, while white people generally are not assumed guilty. There are so many examples of this, including the latest in the 17yr old who murdered 2 people and was not even apprehended by the police when he was trying to give himself up.

The root of the BLM movement is based on this systematic racism that many people are obliviously to apparently.
Until you’ve walked a mile in the cops shoes or at least open your mind and try to empathize with their situation you’re never going to understand. These men and women put their lives on the line every day to protect the safety and freedom of people like you and me, despite the fact that they are hated and under attack from a large portion of the very people they are risking their own lives to protect.

How many times have you put your life on the line to protect the safety and freedom of others? Zero for me but i am capable of empathy. I’m sorry but if being able to go home to my loved ones depended on it,
I can’t say for sure that I would give the benefit of the doubt to a group that makes up 6% of the US population but commits 43% of the violent crimes.

Until you’ve walked a mile in the cops shoes or at least open your mind and try to empathize with their situation you’re never going to understand. These men and women put their lives on the line every day to protect the safety and freedom of people like you and me, despite the fact that they are hated and under attack from a large portion of the very people they are risking their own lives to protect.

How many times have you put your life on the line to protect the safety and freedom of others? Zero for me but i am capable of empathy. I’m sorry but if being able to go home to my loved ones depended on it,
I can’t say for sure that I would give the benefit of the doubt to a group that makes up 6% of the US population but commits 43% of the violent crimes.
59 percent of violent crime in the US was committed by white people in 2018 per FBI statistics.

69 percent of all crime was committed by white people in 2018 per FBI statistics.

Benefit of the doubt should be given to every American. Not just one race.

Reactions: buddinj1982

Lebron is a NWO Homer as was Koby Bryant! Neither one had/has the American people’s best interest @ heart. Anyone in the NWO only has the NWO’s best interest @ heart & that’s putting it mildly.

I agree that they put their lives on the line for the public every day. I’m for police

I’m not saying that police aren’t doing exactly what you say. I happen to have friends who are cops and indeed empathize with their position and understand that they as a group are being critized for the actions of bad cops. I’m saying that these guys need more training. It’s sad that it takes more time to become a barber than a police officer.

The officers, in each of the situations the poster above mentioned, were in the wrong and deserve to be put in jail. It doesn’t mean I don’t empathize or respect/appreciate the good 99%.

The other point of my post was that systematic racism is real. Your statistic may be right, but have you ever asked yourself why this is the case? If not, you should do so and educate yourself.

59 percent of violent crime in the US was committed by white people in 2018 per FBI statistics.

69 percent of all crime was committed by white people in 2018 per FBI statistics.

Benefit of the doubt should be given to every American. Not just one race.
I don’t disagree. I’ll add one more caveat though and say that benefit of the doubt should be given to every law abiding American. If someone chooses to be a violent criminal and assault police officers they surrender their benefit of the doubt ie Jacob Blake

I agree that they put their lives on the line for the public every day. I’m for police

I’m not saying that police aren’t doing exactly what you say. I happen to have friends who are cops and indeed empathize with their position and understand that they as a group are being critized for the actions of bad cops. I’m saying that these guys need more training. It’s sad that it takes more time to become a barber than a police officer.

The officers, in each of the situations the poster above mentioned, were in the wrong and deserve to be put in jail. It doesn’t mean I don’t empathize or respect/appreciate the good 99%.

The other point of my post was that systematic racism is real. Your statistic may be right, but have you ever asked yourself why this is the case? If not, you should do so and educate yourself.
I’m all ears if you want to explain.

I’m all ears if you want to explain.
I’m good. Hearing it from a poster on TI isn’t going to change your perspective. Not on me (a white male) to do that. If you have black friends, ask them about how they feel about what’s going on and if they’ve ever been profiled because of the color of their skin. If you don’t have black friends, read White Fragility or any book that explains systemic racism and how it exists. If you really want to learn/listen, start there.

I don’t disagree. I’ll add one more caveat though and say that benefit of the doubt should be given to every law abiding American. If someone chooses to be a violent criminal and assault police officers they surrender their benefit of the doubt ie Jacob Blake
Without body cam footage, we won't truly know how the altercation started. As I said before that is thanks to the police department failing its community.

Nothing in the Blake situation warranted the cop to shoot 7 times with Blake's back facing them.

Make more caveats though. Or actually educate yourself like the other poster suggested.

Reactions: buddinj1982
Without body cam footage, we won't truly know how the altercation started. As I said before that is thanks to the police department failing its community.

Nothing in the Blake situation warranted the cop to shoot 7 times with Blake's back facing them.

Make more caveats though. Or actually educate yourself like the other poster suggested.
That’s your opinion but the law disagrees. The cops haven’t been charged with anything nor will they. But keep sympathizing with violent sex offenders who assault cops and resist arrest because you want to help further an agenda

That’s your opinion but the law disagrees. The cops haven’t been charged with anything nor will they. But keep sympathizing with violent sex offenders who assault cops and resist arrest because you want to help further an agenda

What is the poster’s agenda, again? You stating that Jacob Blake is a violent sex offender shows that you don’t believe in due process. Is he convicted? Is it not okay to for someone to be critical of the police department for not doing the right thing? The dude was shot 7 TIMES. That’s attempted murder. Jacob Blake is handcuffed to a hospital bed and possibly paralyzed for life and the cop who shot him 7 TIMES point blank, is on administrative leave. That’s a problem.

What is the poster’s agenda, again? You stating that Jacob Blake is a violent sex offender shows that you don’t believe in due process. Is he convicted? Is it not okay to for someone to be critical of the police department for not doing the right thing? The dude was shot 7 TIMES. That’s attempted murder. Jacob Blake is handcuffed to a hospital bed and possibly paralyzed for life and the cop who shot him 7 TIMES point blank, is on administrative leave. That’s a problem.
Sounds like you have an agenda too. Blake was a career criminal and had a warrant for felony sexual assault at the time. The reason the cops were there was because a female called and reported that he was attempting to steal her car.

He was non compliant with officers, resisted arrest, and physically assaulted them. He was armed with a knife. At the time he was shot he appeared to be reaching for something and the cop who was trailing him had every reason to fear that his life was about to be in danger. The cop then shot to neutralize that threat.

you are right, 100%. When Biden is president and he sends the cops to confiscate your guns, DO NOT RESIST. Just give them up without question and all will be well.

Sounds like you have an agenda too. Blake was a career criminal and had a warrant for felony sexual assault at the time. The reason the cops were there was because a female called and reported that he was attempting to steal her car.

He was non compliant with officers, resisted arrest, and physically assaulted them. He was armed with a knife. At the time he was shot he appeared to be reaching for something and the cop who was trailing him had every reason to fear that his life was about to be in danger. The cop then shot to neutralize that threat.
I see nothing about him assaulting an officer unless you think resisting arrest is the same thing. Also, they found a knife in his car. He did not have a weapon on his person.

I see nothing about him assaulting an officer unless you think resisting arrest is the same thing. Also, they found a knife in his car. He did not have a weapon on his person.
According to the police report he had a knife on him. The officers gave him demands to drop the knife and he did not comply

According to the police report he had a knife on him. The officers gave him demands to drop the knife and he did not comply
Investigators have not confirmed that. The police union has claimed that. Only thing that has been confirmed is that there was a knife found in the car.

We still don't know how the altercation with the police and Blake started either. If only there was a way to record such an incident.

What if you believe that the arrest is unlawful? Because you can legally resist an unlawful arrest just as sure as any other right. Not necessarily talking about Blake, just interested on your thoughts on that in general.

You cannot resist arrest. The legal system will determine whether the arrest was lawful or not afterwards. Resisting arrest puts anyone in the danger of getting killed. Thats it...its simple.

Reactions: FranktheDank
you are right, 100%. When Biden is president and he sends the cops to confiscate your guns, DO NOT RESIST. Just give them up without question and all will be well.

:D Good comeback! It would be true if that was the law currently on the books.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT