ADVERTISEMENT

ND Stadium/Gameday experience. (Non-football talk, dear God)

Cavitybacks

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2012
1. Their entrance song was “Blue da ba de dabada”. Zero history/tradition to the entrance and why a song from 1998?

2. Beautiful and smart how they incorporated the Student center and classrooms into the facade of the stadium. Really classy looking.

3. The campus was nice but reminded me of Charleston Southern. Something about it just didn’t look old or historic . Didn’t compare to UVA, Duke, or numerous other campuses IMO. (edit: Looks like I missed the pretty cathedral area of campus)

4. Awesome tailgating in the massive lot beside the stadium, but the little Eddy St downtown area seemed like a Tom Wynkopp paradise of 2010 style condos with vendors underneath. Nice but zero style or charm.

5. You can tell it’s an all white school with the music selections. It was interesting. Every 3rd down was a weird little Irish club sounding song that reminded me of leprechauns dancing. It was very fitting and catchy but I can’t see any of that appealing to recruits. No rap music or anything.

6. Fun atmosphere in stadium but just no comparison to Clemson as far as noise, sound system, the hill, cheers. I think we have more tradition which is crazy to say.

7. Their band is awesome and classic and makes our awful Orange and Purple dressed band look like high school nerd rejects. Our band uniforms are the worst in college football.

8. The people there were very nice and from all over the map.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News