ADVERTISEMENT

Need advise on an insurance situation

whitesixmile

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
Just from some who may have been through or have knowledge of the law. So I bought my daughter a car for her 16th birthday 12 years ago. It’s been passed around the family a few times when they were in between cars. I even signed it over to my son at one point when my daughter sold it to him but he never went and registered it. Well a friend of the family’s car broke down so we loand him the car but he would have to pay for insurance for him to drive it. My daughter dropped the insurance thinking he was covered and he got in an accident where someone backed into him. No one was hurt but it totaled the car. Well I got a note in the mail saying I had to pay a 600 dollar fine and get SR22 for three years. I’m floored I haven’t seen the car in years and all I have done is try to help people in the family when they needed a car. I have been with State Farm for nearly 30 years with no blemishes. Perfect driving record don’t drink or use drugs. I know people with multiple DUIs that have gotten out of having SR22 and even though I agree that having insurance is very important that’s why I have never let mine laps in this circumstance it seems a harsh punishment for a first time mistake. I also know it’s in my name and my responsibility that’s why I went to pay the fine today. Sorry for making a long story long but my question is. Should I try to get it reduced is it even possible and if not does anyone on here deal with car insurance because State Farm will drop me. Please only serious answers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News