ADVERTISEMENT

New baseball thread - looking ahead

gocu!!

Kokopelli
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2002
No two ways about it, our schedule is about to jump up to a new level starting next Friday. I mentioned in yesterday's game thread that we have the following weekend games coming up over the next six weeks.

at FSU (now unranked, was preseason fav to win the ACC)
Wake (ranked as high as 20)
at UNC (ranked 4,5,7)
Nevada (unranked)
Louisville (ranked 2,2,3)
at NCSt (unranked)

Of course we've been tested already, against SC, UVA and Wright St, winning 5 of 9. And that Wright St 1-2 series loss to begin the season was a long time ago. Things would be different if we faced them again today.

We've played 33 of 56 (almost 60%) reg season games and we're at 28-5, 13-2. Hitting is decent but our outstanding pitching has carried us. We haven't lost two consecutive games all season.

So what do we expect from this season going forward?

I believe we can compete with any team in the nation in a 3 game series at a neutral site. Our pitching talent/depth/coaching is good enough to say this IMO. We are positioned very well to make a run at a national seed, allowing us the opportunity to host a regional (huge) but also have a shot at hosting a Super if we get that far (yuge).

As for the ACC Tourney, I really don't know what to expect yet. UNC and Louisville look legit to me.

If we make it to the CWS (a big if, and I am by no means expecting it yet), then all bets are off. We can make some noise.

#feelsgoodman

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News