ADVERTISEMENT

New Roster Limits Impact on Recruiting? - C/P/L

FishinTiger

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2006
@Cris_Ard @Larry_Williams @Paul Strelow

Apologies if this has already been addressed in other threads but I figured I'd try and get a "one stop shop" answer to this topic (maybe this is the subject matter for an article by Larry and/or Paul)...

Roster limits are set to expand to 105 scholarships beginning next football season (assuming the NCAA affirms this change which is pretty much expected). Obviously, this will create a shift in the recruiting landscape. How is this going to impact the size of the recruiting classes each year? Does that mean we will see a much larger class for 2025? Where in past we have been in the 20-25 per class range, does that now shift to the 30-35 per class? Do you have any insight/feel for what Clemson/other schools will do? Obviously, I suspect Dabo will award some additional schollies to walk-ons...but surely there will be larger HS recruiting classes, coupled with the likelihood that he does take at least a couple transfers (which will be an easier sell with the permitted revenue sharing).

With transfers out (even at Clemson's success on retention) and early NFL departures, I could see a real hypothetical scenario of 35-40 SCHOLARSHIP spots coming available each and every year. One would have to think we finally break through with a few transfers to fill out some holes. Regardless, that is a lot of roster room...how do you see that being managed/playing out?

Reactions: lcctay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.