ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Policy Proposal - No Tax On Overtime Pay

fatpiggy

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2002
Great way to incentivize the work force. I love it!

No tax on tips and no tax on overtime. Maybe we will start to see pre-pandemic levels of customer service.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
It’s obviously better than the the left’s position of more taxes on hardworking successful Americans and giving more money to people who don’t contribute to society. But it’s still an attempt to buy votes and a tax reduction mostly on people already paying very low tax rates (ie <15% effective rates).

It’s obviously better than the the left’s position of more taxes on hardworking successful Americans and giving more money to people who don’t contribute to society. But it’s still an attempt to buy votes and a tax reduction mostly on people already paying very low tax rates (ie <15% effective rates).

Exactly. It's pandering for votes. It's exactly like his attempt to give a bigger check during the pandemic when it was clear he was going to lose the election.

All politicians do it, but Trump will change his position at the drop of a hat when he knows he's losing, or he's gonna make a buck.

It's one thing to change a position over time as you gain more info, learn more, have new experiences, ir whatever. That's what we all do. To change your position on Abortion for example multiple times in a few days as Trump did is pretty wild.

Exactly. It's pandering for votes. It's exactly like his attempt to give a bigger check during the pandemic when it was clear he was going to lose the election.

All politicians do it, but Trump will change his position at the drop of a hat when he knows he's losing, or he's gonna make a buck.

It's one thing to change a position over time as you gain more info, learn more, have new experiences, ir whatever. That's what we all do. To change your position on Abortion for example multiple times in a few days as Trump did is pretty wild.

It’s infinitely better than the pay-for-votes student loan forgiveness scheme. Because here we’re letting people keep money they’ve earned and only by working >40 hours, so we’re keeping the break out of reach for lazy people. But again, it’s still pandering, buying votes and reducing taxes on mostly low bracket folks. But that’s politics now.

Reactions: fatpiggy
Fair criticism and point taken.

But we all know Democrats are king of the handouts. How is one supposed to compete with "here, have this" ?

Republicans must be competitive in earning votes in order to win the election. I respect this route much more than i do handouts. Plus, this structure will incentivize behaviour. Have you noticed how poor customer service has gotten since the pandemic? I have.

1) This will encourage people to work overtime.
2) Hell, it may even encourage employers to pay overtime.
3) It will incentivize employee retention. Thus improving customer service.

As a counter question and point, what behavior does eliminating someone's student debt encourage and how does said behavior benefit society?

It’s infinitely better than the pay-for-votes student loan forgiveness scheme. Because here we’re letting people keep money they’ve earned and only by working >40 hours, so we’re keeping the break out of reach for lazy people. But again, it’s still pandering, buying votes and reducing taxes on mostly low bracket folks. But that’s politics now.

Agreed as I've stated before I didn't like the student loan forgiveness plans.

I would have been fine, and probably agreed with some changes to the requirements for offering student loans, better disclosure, less preditory practices etc, particularly with Sallie Mae who had a huge fine for doing this stuff.

I had loans so I could go to college, It sucked to pay basically a second car payment for 25+ years lost college, but it was an investment in training that enabled me to make substantially more money so it worked out for me.

Trump however will literally change overnight due to polls, it's wild.

Fair criticism and point taken.

But we all know Democrats are king of the handouts. How is one supposed to compete with "here, have this" ?

Republicans must be competitive in earning votes in order to win the election. I respect this route much more than i do handouts. Plus, this structure will incentivize behaviour. Have you noticed how poor customer service has gotten since the pandemic? I have.

1) This will encourage people to work overtime.
2) Hell, it may even encourage employers to pay overtime.
3) It will incentivize employee retention. Thus improving customer service.

As a counter question and point, what behavior does eliminating someone's student debt encourage and how does said behavior benefit society?

How about we pay people better, hire more people and don't require people to work overtime? We are the richest country on the planet, and our workers work, by far the longest work weeks, with the least benefits of any other Western Country.

This would be one more way for employers to utilize a smaller workforce. It is far cheaper for them to pay one employee 1.5 times for OT than hire a second employee they have to pay double for that same work.

We love to act like we are helping workers while we supplement corporations bottom lines.

Reactions: WapPride
Agreed as I've stated before I didn't like the student loan forgiveness plans.

I would have been fine, and probably agreed with some changes to the requirements for offering student loans, better disclosure, less preditory practices etc, particularly with Sallie Mae who had a huge fine for doing this stuff.

I had loans so I could go to college, It sucked to pay basically a second car payment for 25+ years lost college, but it was an investment in training that enabled me to make substantially more money so it worked out for me.

Trump however will literally change overnight due to polls, it's wild.
You have seen the side by sides of Kamala debating herself right?

What i sense is frustration that Republicans are competing on the traditional Democratic playing field.

This would be a policy that i think your traditional southern democrat would support. It's throwing a bone to strictly the working class people. The fringe left won't like it because it's Trump's idea.

What i sense is frustration that Republicans are competing on the traditional Democratic playing field.

This would be a policy that i think your traditional southern democrat would support. It's throwing a bone to strictly the working class people. The fringe left won't like it because it's Trump's idea.

What I sense is that you have never been in charge of a workforce and love letting your company screw you over by paying you half what it would cost to pay another person for the work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT