ADVERTISEMENT

NFL star not happy with B. Griner deal.

I'm happy she is coming home as well.

The arrogance of some Americans when they travel abroad... well it's staggering.

Hence why I bristle at many of the perceived slights everyone whines about here in the states.
It'll be very interesting to read her comments and see her actions upon her return.

The arrogance of some Americans when they travel abroad... well it's staggering.

Hence why I bristle at many of the perceived slights everyone whines about here in the states.
It'll be very interesting to read her comments and see her actions upon her return.
My bet is that she will be wearing a BLM shirt. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: TigerJR
I just think it’s good they’re bringing an American home. Should they have let her rot in a prison camp? The Russians didn’t want to put Whelan into a deal unless we also throw in some FSB assassin the Germans have
I am sure your sentiment will comfort the families of the thousands of people who the mass murdering lunatic Biden just unleashed on the world kills in the years to come.

Or the families of the other Americans who will now be imprisoned and used a pawns by other nation to get what they want from the jellyfish of a man we call president.

I am sure your sentiment will comfort the families of the thousands of people who the mass murdering lunatic Biden just unleashed on the world kills in the years to come.

Or the families of the other Americans who will now be imprisoned and used a pawns by other nation to get what they want from the jellyfish of a man we call president.
So if Biden had made the switch for Whelan you would have hated that too right?

How do you feel about Trump freeing 5000 Taliban fighters?

Reactions: purenonsense
Shouldn’t have traded the inspiration for The Lord of War for either one or even both. Perhaps it’s a utilitarian perspective, but I would not have freed the most prolific arms dealer on the globe (at least at one time) at an inflection point when our sworn enemies are having a difficult time procuring weapons and ammunition to fire on women, children, and civilian infrastructure in Ukraine. Dumb trade that also just happens to be based on the wrong reasons.

Sad, you are right about everything and the guy is no hero… but Griner is trash too. I find it amusing that people are arguing which one should be released when they both should be there. It’s obviously just another political pissing contest with both Griner and Whalen being pawns.

No need to expose yourself as a racist piece of shit at the end. It makes you look like you’re under 20 and have nothing useful to contribute.

Real racist are getting intolerable-

And they ain't white people......

• Haha
Reactions: iceheart08
I try to put myself in Ms. Griner's shoes here...

If it were me, then when I got back to the States, I'd be very, very humble. To realize that my freedom rested on the release of a murderer and terrorist... I'd really feel the need to make the most of my life in a positive way.

To try and balance out the scales here...

Again, it will be interesting to hear her comments.

Biden is a fvcking idiot and perhaps worst president in history. He and his administration are also pure evil.
Perhaps we should have let Trump negotiate with his buddy Putin. Insurrection Donald could have swapped top secret documents from his home in order to release all the American prisoners from Russia.

I try to put myself in Ms. Griner's shoes here...

If it were me, then when I got back to the States, I'd be very, very humble. To realize that my freedom rested on the release of a murderer and terrorist... I'd really feel the need to make the most of my life in a positive way.

To try and balance out the scales here...

Again, it will be interesting to hear her comments.
I agree with all of this. Just not sure she is ever going to be able to balance those out (and I'm not necessarily saying that is her fault).

Reactions: Joe Cobb
Whelan was wrongfully imprisoned on Trump’s watch. Trump never uttered a word about it and took no action to free him. For you Morons to think Biden chose Griner over Whelan don’t understand that it was never either prisoner. Whelan wasn’t offered by Putin.

Reactions: flotiger and dpic73
I couldn't be more apathetic about all of it but I really enjoy reading people get emotional about politics with each other so for that reason I guess I'm happy it happened

Reactions: .Hank
Sad, you are right about everything and the guy is no hero… but Griner is trash too. I find it amusing that people are arguing which one should be released when they both should be there. It’s obviously just another political pissing contest with both Griner and Whalen being pawns.

No need to expose yourself as a racist piece of shit at the end. It makes you look like you’re under 20 and have nothing useful to contribute.
Do you think Whalen is an actual spy?

He doesnt understand. That is a very superficial outlook. Trump couldnt get him out either. Whalen's family, who have better reason not to understand, actually understand. We will see what happens there in the future. This lady won Olympic gold medals for her country. But she is black, gay, and she refused to stand up for trump when he said stand. So she finds herself a victim of a lot of prejudice by the Maga crew. Suck it up buttercups. She is coming to America, her home.

Last edited:
Reactions: flotiger

Oh, please! Under 20? With the “direct to personal attack and name calling? Who’s the one acting like someone under 20? And trust me; I have contributed to this country as I actually served my country honorably. Can you say the same???

• Haha
Reactions: Champs_16
Oh, please! Under 20? With the “direct to personal attack and name calling? Who’s the one acting like someone under 20? And trust me; I have contributed to this country as I actually served my country honorably. Can you say the same???
Your post was dumb, and so are quite a few other posts in here on the other side. Nobody cares that Whelan is white and Griner isn’t. Well, maybe except you.

I’m in Tanzania right now and just learned that the penalty here for simple possession of marijuana is 30 to 60 years in prison. There are many countries where her penalty would have been worse than what she got in Russia. Are we going to start prisoner swapping for everyone that breaks a law in another country? Or just for celebrities

Do you think Whalen is an actual spy?
I don’t think I have (or will ever have) enough information to make an intelligent call on that one.

Just playing devils advocate, Im not saying tiis actually happened. The CIA might have helped stage his problems to accelerate his exit and keep others him from suspecting him. Tinfoil hat off.

If she comes home and tells an honest story that includes owning her arrogance that lead to a conviction plus new found views on America and freedom it could end up being a positive for everyone. She would reach people the politicians never would.

Reactions: CUfan1971
If she comes home and tells an honest story that includes owning her arrogance that lead to a conviction plus new found views on America and freedom it could end up being a positive for everyone. She would reach people the politicians never would.
It will be a positive for everyone except the deaths that the merchant of death is responsible for

Don’t hold your breath on that reaction.

(This facebook post had the infamous Mike Obama holding the “bring our girls home” photo)

Let me take the drama behind this stupid photo-up by Michelle Obama and inteprete how we got swindled by Putin in the Brittney-Viktor shameful exchange.

In 2014, 276 students of a federal government school in North-East Nigeria were abducted by Boko Haram terror organisation. Boko Haram kept a low profile and would have returned some of them for reasonable ransom to finance their madness. But Michelle Obama's photo-up turned the girls to golden geese in the eyes of Boko Haram, meanwhile Barack and Michelle had not a single intention of helping Nigeria recover the girls. Story for another day🙄.

How does this apply to Brittney? The outcry and adoration of selfish so-called celebrities can be costly. Brittney's case would have passed lightly because a WNBA player is of no military or diplomatic value to Russia.

The moment the Democrats and the media began to hype the dude's exaggerated importance, they turned him/her to a high value target.

It immediately became a game of chess to Putin and Biden is a piece of flesh.

Have they not hyped Brittney, it would be a different story today. Viktor Bout would still be in prison. Does anyone assume Viktor will suddenly turn to a choir boy?

- Dave Pam Mcquel

tenor.gif

Your racial angle didn’t even occur to me, but kudos to you for winnowing it out of this. Whelan doesn’t seem like some great guy, but if I had to guess people think we should’ve gotten him back because he served, rather than spending so much capital on a drug smuggling celebrity who’s said that the national anthem shouldn’t be played during sporting events because she couldn’t respect it.
she played under athletic scholarship at a Christian University with honors grad. SHe was a two Olympic gold medalist. She played as a professional female athlete She was to play in Russia as a second professional job when she was arrested for basically a siimple possession charge and was sentenced till doomsday. She refused to stand after trump told her to stand .Trump ruined it for others. SHe is black female, gay, and has tattoos. Cant tolerate that , now can we?

she played under athletic scholarship at a Christian University with honors grad. SHe was a two Olympic gold medalist. She played as a professional female athlete She was to play in Russia as a second professional job when she was arrested for basically a siimple possession charge and was sentenced till doomsday. She refused to stand after trump told her to stand .Trump ruined it for others. SHe is black female, gay, and has tattoos. Cant tolerate that , now can we?
This is just a way of dismissing the things she actually said, which is why people dislike her. I wasn’t aware that Trump was the one who came up with the idea that you should stand for the anthem, but I’m glad you informed me. Also, thanks for the information about how she plays sports!

Reactions: FranktheDank
This is just a way of dismissing the things she actually said, which is why people dislike her. I wasn’t aware that Trump was the one who came up with the idea that you should stand for the anthem, but I’m glad you informed me. Also, thanks for the information about how she plays sports!
you are welcome.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
I looked up a collection of her quotes >> "I dont mean that in any disrespect to my country. My dad was in Vietnam and was a law officer for thirty years. I wanted to be a cop before basketball. I do have pride for my country"......."Domestic violence is never okay no matter what the situation is"........"I think thats what makes life beautiful. Everyone is different and we can all learn from one another"<<<< Yeah, pretty offensive stuff.

I looked up a collection of her quotes >> "I dont mean that in any disrespect to my country. My dad was in Vietnam and was a law officer for thirty years. I wanted to be a cop before basketball. I do have pride for my country"......."Domestic violence is never okay no matter what the situation is"........"I think thats what makes life beautiful. Everyone is different and we can all learn from one another"<<<< Yeah, pretty offensive stuff.
Yes, those are the quotes that have people disliking her. Definitely not these, which you ignored, or her receiving special treatment despite her nonsense:
"I honestly feel we should not play the National Anthem during our season," she said. “I think we should take that much of a stand.

Griner added that she would walk off the court should the Star-Spangled Banner be played.

"I'm going to protest regardless," she said. "I'm not going to be out there for the National Anthem. If the league continues to want to play it, that's fine. It will be all season long, I'll not be out there. I feel like more are going to probably do the same thing. I can only speak for myself.”

"I personally don't think it belongs in sports," she said. "When the National Anthem deemed the National Anthem (in 1931), Black people didn't have rights at that point. It's hard disrespecting a song that didn't even represent all Americans when it was first made.

"It's not played at Walmart, it's not played when you go to Six Flags. Why is it played before sporting events?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT