ADVERTISEMENT

Ngata, Cain, K’Von & Mario Goodrich (Eagles Camp)

Oakzen

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2022
As an Eagles fan I came across some camp notes that I thought all of you may be interested in as they highlight some of our beloved Tigers.

Outside of the three starters AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, & Quez Watkins I would say the other three WR spots are up for grabs. Will be fun to see if one or both of Ngata & Cain can earn a spot. I know it always felt like we never got to witness Ngata’s ceiling at Clemson so would be cool if he can unlock some of that potential with the Eagles.

K’Von Wallace has been taking 1st team reps at safety. He is fighting for a roster spot this year so that could be an encouraging sign for him. As noted in the article the team seems to like him even though the fanbase and local media have cooled on him over the last year or so.

Mario is a long shot to make the roster, but may be able to land on the practice squad again with a good camp.

• Rookie free agent wideout Joseph Ngata used his frame and catch radius extremely well, corralling a couple of impressive receptions this morning. Ngata – a player I annually pegged as an ACC breakout player at Clemson – will be one to watch during 1-on-1s. I think he’s really going to open some eyes in contested-catch opportunities.
  • It didn’t take long for journeyman wide receiver Deon Cain to reacclimate himself on the NovaCare practice fields, where he nearly parlayed his 2022 late-summer success into a roster spot. On Day 2 in Act II, Cain – donning the innocuous No. 39 – was active early in team drills, corralling a series of passes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News