ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Questions

ClemOpie

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2011
Greenville
Admittedly, I don't spend a lot of time reading about NIL contributions and rules. But I'm now curious and have some questions that some of you may have seen addressed in the tons of articles about NIL.

We all know Clemson won't entertain anything in a grey area. It has to be specifically allowed or Dabo won't touch it. Just like when a majority of the good players hit the portal, they already have been tampered with and know where they're going. So I'll assume if it's a grey area then Clemson won't do it. So my questions...

1. The NCAA has said individual schools can sell 1 logo sponsorship on their field starting this year. Can schools sell it as a contribution to both the school athletic department and also their NIL Collective? For example, can a school say the sponsor logo goes on the field for $1mm to the athletic department with another $2mm contribution to 110 Society? Or is it a grey area? Safe to assume the other sports besides football can do the same?

2. Can other contracts like ads on the screen during the game or the aramark food vendor contract also have splits where it's partial to the athletic department and partial to 110? Or is that a grey area?

3. Has anyone given a forecast or thoughts on when booster clubs like IPTAY can cut through all this craziness and pay directly to the players? It's just dumb in my opinion that you have to have a "collective" to pay the players. Along those same lines, if letting the booster clubs pay players is off the table, could IPTAY do something like give all the parking to 110 Society and let them administer parking as part of their fundraising effort?

All these things are curiosities of mine but there's just so much whining and moaning about NIL that it's hard to figure it out with a few google searches. Thanks for the info if anyone knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News