ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina schools

PawsFan_

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2019
I did some quick research today and discovered some interesting (yet sickening) facts about our ACC friends on the north side of the Carolina line. Since 2000

Which North Carolina school has the best bowl winning percentage?
Which North Carolina school has had the most 10+ win seasons?
Which North Carolina school has achieved the highest ranking in the CFP era?

If you'd said Wake Forest, you'd be right. Wake is 9-3 in bowls since 2000. No other NC school is even close. UNC is a pathetic 3-12. Wake has two 10+ win seasons. All the others just have 1. And Wake was ranked 9th in 2021 by the CFP and finished 17th. UNC was ranked 10th last year before finishing at 20.

NONE of the NC ACC school have a winning record in the ACC since 2000. UNC and NCS are currently tied at 91-105 record for 46%. Wake has a 38% conference win record which isn't as good as I thought they'd be.

ONLY NC State has an overall winning record at 173-154 for 56%. That annual weak OOC schedule really pays off for them.

Earlier this week, Cris asked for our impressions of the Wake program. I have a general positive opinion of Wake's program. In fact, I wondered if its not the best football school in the state of North Carolina. This is why I dug into the numbers. After looking at the numbers, I guess suggesting so is a bit of a stretch. (Though looking at the numbers since 2006 vice 2000 and Wake's winning percentages jump up significantly: with a better than .500 record overall). The wins aren't there to support that assertion. But they certainly aren't outclassed much by their public college brethren in the Triangle.

I think we can say, subjectively, that Wake Forest sucks the least of all the North Carolina schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.