ADVERTISEMENT

NSIAP: This is great stuff

You know most of those people are Americans, right?
I don not believe this administration will crap on a nation because of social class. I watch and read this stuff daily and Trump's goal is to create opportunity for American citizen's first. He said an immigrant who works and earns their way our country will welcome them in open arms. I dont see a problem not wanting responsibility for groups of societies who need to protect and fend for themselves. If Americans ever wilted into dire straits no one would come to our aid...

And as FloridaTiger stared out over all the poors he thought, "none of these people will ever help me, screw em". :rolleyes:

And as FloridaTiger stared out over all the poors he thought, "none of these people will ever help me, screw em". :rolleyes:
Im sorry but these 3rd world countries government are doing this to themselves. They will have to just learn to live it or fight and overturn the gov. I just cant justify our country dumping more money or bringing them over here just isnt working. We have enough issues with our own economic issues and Americans is stiff situations. Lets take care of our country first and teach these guys to protect and develop in their own culture.

I don not believe this administration will crap on a nation because of social class. I watch and read this stuff daily and Trump's goal is to create opportunity for American citizen's first. He said an immigrant who works and earns their way our country will welcome them in open arms. I dont see a problem not wanting responsibility for groups of societies who need to protect and fend for themselves. If Americans ever wilted into dire straits no one would come to our aid...
I feel like you completely ignored my point.

Reactions: griffgolf
“And since this is the last speech that I will give as President, I think it’s fitting to leave one final thought, an observation about a country which I love. It was stated best in a letter I received not long ago. A man wrote me and said: ‘You can go to Japan to live, but you cannot become Japanese. You can go to France to live and not become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany or Turkey, and you won’t become a German or a Turk.’ But then he added, ‘Anybody from any corner of the world can come to America to live and become an American.’

Yes, the torch of Lady Liberty symbolizes our freedom and represents our heritage, the compact with our parents, our grandparents, and our ancestors. It is that lady who gives us our great and special place in the world. For it's the great life force of each generation of new Americans that guarantees that America's triumph shall continue unsurpassed into the next century and beyond. Other countries may seek to compete with us; but in one vital area, as a beacon of freedom and opportunity that draws the people of the world, no country on Earth comes close.

This, I believe, is one of the most important sources of America's greatness. We lead the world because, unique among nations, we draw our people—our strength-from every country and every corner of the world. And by doing so we continuously renew and enrich our nation. While other countries cling to the stale past, here in America we breathe life into dreams. We create the future, and the world follows us into tomorrow. Thanks to each wave of new arrivals to this land of opportunity, we're a nation forever young, forever bursting with energy and new ideas, and always on the cutting edge, always leading the world to the next frontier. This quality is vital to our future as a nation. If we ever closed the door to new Americans, our leadership in the world would soon be lost.”

Before you get up in a tizzy about this quote from a liberal snowflake, it should be pointed out that it’s from Ronald Reagan... This country and it’s ideals were founded by hardworking immigrants seeking a better life, and certainly not just ones from Norway.

The ability for people to escape a bad situation abroad and better themselves in America is the very foundation of our country.
Exactly. It's what has made America great. Who is more motivated to work hard, succeed, appreciate and build upon what America has to offer? Someone who already comes from a great situation and is here to live it up, or someone who has nothing and has seen the worst of the world and appreciates even the smallest advatages America offers and is willing to work for them?

Inside the base of the Statue of Liberty the bronze plaque reads, “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

It doesn't say, "Give me only your wealthiest, highest class people, from countries that aren't sh#t holes."

Reactions: iceheart08
Your opinion doesnt anger me MF123 but I dont believe an entire country or ethnicity is frowned on and not given an opportunity because of social class. As a student at Clemson University all nationalities teaching and attending school with an opportunity to succeed he or anywhere. MF123 I agree with Trump here close the borders and opportunities and citizenships are earned. MF123 I respect your opinions and posting regardless if I agree or not.

This is how discussions about disagreements should be conducted. Thank you for engaging in a civil manner about a hotly debated topic and one in which we may not fully agree.

Reactions: Florida Tiger
“And since this is the last speech that I will give as President, I think it’s fitting to leave one final thought, an observation about a country which I love. It was stated best in a letter I received not long ago. A man wrote me and said: ‘You can go to Japan to live, but you cannot become Japanese. You can go to France to live and not become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany or Turkey, and you won’t become a German or a Turk.’ But then he added, ‘Anybody from any corner of the world can come to America to live and become an American.’

Yes, the torch of Lady Liberty symbolizes our freedom and represents our heritage, the compact with our parents, our grandparents, and our ancestors. It is that lady who gives us our great and special place in the world. For it's the great life force of each generation of new Americans that guarantees that America's triumph shall continue unsurpassed into the next century and beyond. Other countries may seek to compete with us; but in one vital area, as a beacon of freedom and opportunity that draws the people of the world, no country on Earth comes close.

This, I believe, is one of the most important sources of America's greatness. We lead the world because, unique among nations, we draw our people—our strength-from every country and every corner of the world. And by doing so we continuously renew and enrich our nation. While other countries cling to the stale past, here in America we breathe life into dreams. We create the future, and the world follows us into tomorrow. Thanks to each wave of new arrivals to this land of opportunity, we're a nation forever young, forever bursting with energy and new ideas, and always on the cutting edge, always leading the world to the next frontier. This quality is vital to our future as a nation. If we ever closed the door to new Americans, our leadership in the world would soon be lost.”

Before you get up in a tizzy about this quote from a liberal snowflake, it should be pointed out that it’s from Ronald Reagan... This country and it’s ideals were founded by hardworking immigrants seeking a better life, and certainly not just ones from Norway.
Outstanding. Spot on. And from one of the greatest Presidents in American history. A President who, sadly, would have no shot of being elected today, much less winning his party's nomination.

The ability for people to escape a bad situation abroad and better themselves in America is the very foundation of our country.

Exactly. It's what has made America great. Who is more motivated to work hard, succeed, appreciate and build upon what America has to offer? Someone who already comes from a great situation and is here to live it up, or someone who has nothing and has seen the worst of the world and appreciates even the smallest advatages America offers and is willing to work for them?

Inside the base of the Statue of Liberty the bronze plaque reads, “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

It doesn't say, "Give me only your wealthiest, highest class people, from countries that aren't sh#t holes."
These two quotes are along the lines of what I was going to write, particularly pointing out the inscription on the Statue of Liberty and that I imagine many people who take pride in their heritage, their ancestors coming over from Ireland, Germany or wherever with little more than the clothes on their back, etc...yet when it comes down to present day immigration, they want to be able to pick and choose based on whether the new folks with a dream are qualified (white) enough.

Reactions: 1Clemzunfan
I think most people appreciate immigrants coming from a bad situation and making themselves and this country better by pursuing the "American Dream".

Unfortunately, many of those coming from "shithole" countries are looking for the United States to solve their problems instead of looking at it as an opportunity to better themselves without the government holding their hand.

Too many want the American Dream without having to work and sacrifice for it.

It's a tough situation with no easy answers but just rubber stamping immigrants isn't the answer.

I think most people appreciate immigrants coming from a bad situation and making themselves and this country better by pursuing the "American Dream".

Unfortunately, many of those coming from "shithole" countries are looking for the United States to solve their problems instead of looking at it as an opportunity to better themselves without the government holding their hand.

It's a tough situation with no easy answers but just rubber stamping immigrants isn't the answer.

Immigrants are more likely to start businesses than native-born ‘merricuns:

“Despite accounting for only about 13 percent of the population, immigrants now start more than a quarter of new businesses in this country. Fast-growing ones, too--more than 20 percent of the 2014 Inc. 500 CEOs are immigrants. Immigrant-owned businesses pay an estimated $126 billion in wages per year, employing 1 in 10 Americans who work for private companies. In 2010, immigrant-owned businesses generated more than $775 billion in sales. If immigrant America were a stock, you'd be an idiot not to buy it.”

https://www.inc.com/magazine/201502...l-group-in-america-wasnt-born-in-america.html

I also read recently that foreign-born people in the US are more likely to earn an advanced degree than native-born people but I can’t find the article again.

The bottom line is that a lot of people from these “shithole” countries would literally die for the opportunity to make a better life in the USA. When they get here they’re generally going to work as hard as they possibly can to make it. You will probably get some that go bad but that’s going to be true of every sample.

“Despite accounting for only about 13 percent of the population, immigrants now start more than a quarter of new businesses in this country. Fast-growing ones, too--more than 20 percent of the 2014 Inc. 500 CEOs are immigrants. Immigrant-owned businesses pay an estimated $126 billion in wages per year, employing 1 in 10 Americans who work for private companies. In 2010, immigrant-owned businesses generated more than $775 billion in sales. If immigrant America were a stock, you'd be an idiot not to buy it.”

https://www.inc.com/magazine/201502...l-group-in-america-wasnt-born-in-america.html

I also read recently that foreign-born people in the US are more likely to earn an advanced degree than native-born people but I can’t find the article again.

The bottom line is that a lot of people from these “shithole” countries would literally die for the opportunity to make a better life in the USA. When they get here they’re generally going to work as hard as they possibly can to make it. You will probably get some that go bad but that’s going to be true of every sample.

That's great but how many of those starting businesses come from the countries Trump labeled as "shitholes"?

And just what data can you cite backing up claims that too many people coming from such countries what the American Dream without having to work for it?

When I travel the country, it is the new immigrants I see driving taxis and Ubers, working in the 7-11s and the Dunkin Donuts. Working, working, working. Working harder, in many cases, than people born and raised in America. And guess what? Not a one of the immigrants I see came from Norway.

This president sinks to a new low every day. Today our Ambassador in Panama resigned because he can no longer work under him. I hope many more follow.

Good info, but as far as "success" this is most often the case for all immigrants migrating from one country to another, regardless of country for the last 50+ years.

And just what data can you cite backing up claims that too many people coming from such countries what the American Dream without having to work for it?

When I travel the country, it is the new immigrants I see driving taxis and Ubers, working in the 7-11s and the Dunkin Donuts. Working, working, working. Working harder, in many cases, than people born and raised in America. And guess what? Not a one of the immigrants I see came from Norway.

This president sinks to a new low every day. Today our Ambassador in Panama resigned because he can no longer work under him. I hope many more follow.

Spend a night in the pediatric ER or take a look at who gets free lunches at schools.

If you don't think immigrants from 3rd world countries will not take advantage of the government once here you have your head in the sand.

Additionally, there are many here who will only work low wage jobs if cash is paid under the table. You know, taxes are a real pain in the ass.

You have a simplistic view of the world while passing yourself off as enlightened because you travel and see immigrants driving a cab or serving you a donut.

The underbelly of immigration is not all flowers and unicorns.

Spend a night in the pediatric ER or take a look at who gets free lunches at schools.

If you don't think immigrants from 3rd world countries will not take advantage of the government once here you have your head in the sand.

Additionally, there are many here who will only work low wage jobs if cash is paid under the table. You know, taxes are a real pain in the ass.

You have a simplistic view of the world while passing yourself off as enlightened because you travel and see immigrants driving a cab or serving you a donut.

The underbelly of immigration is not all flowers and unicorns.

Yeah, many immigrants are in low-income, no health benefit jobs. So despite their working in America, they may not be able to afford medical care. There are plenty of born-and-raised Americans who get free lunches at schools, too.

It is just wrong to call out a whole continent and one other country as places from which we don't want people immigrating while suggesting lily-white Norway is the better choice.

The ONLY reason democrats push for this immigration nonsense is because they know it’s a free vote come election time. They will try to rush them over and get them on every gov’t subsidy in sight. They don’t care about these people nor do they care about its impact on America or our economy or our safety.

Hey loony tunes. 1. You can't vote unless you become a citizen. 2. It takes years and years and thousands of dollars to do it. 3. Immigrant populations vote at a much much lower percentage than most other demos.

This post deserves thousands of likes. His god damn wife is living proof.

Hey loony tunes. 1. You can't vote unless you become a citizen. 2. It takes years and years and thousands of dollars to do it. 3. Immigrant populations vote at a much much lower percentage than most other demos.
Go spoon your husband and quit posting misinformation. You know non citizens vote en masse in certain areas. Documented facts.

Go spoon your husband and quit posting misinformation. You know non citizens vote en masse in certain areas. Documented facts.

Documented? Please show us said documents.

I didn't know there were real people who believed things like that. Amazing. What happened to the kobach commission?

Reactions: wburress
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT