ADVERTISEMENT

NYC dine in may not resume until there’s a vaccine

Iventory everywhere in SC is dwindling. Houses in my neighborhood in the midlands are selling same day they hit the market. 4 have sold this year and only 1 of them lasted more than a day and It lasted 2 days.

One of them was a good friend of mine. We played golf on a Thursday after work. He listed it at 9 PM that night. Friday afternoon they had 14 showings and 11 offers. They were under contract above asking price by mid day Saturday.

You have to wonder if, after a vaccine is available, proof of vaccination will be required to enter restaurants & other buildings in NYC.
You wouldn't need it after enough people get vaccinated or already have immunity to get to herd immunity. But let's say that as soon as a vaccine is made safely available, you could go back to normal life if you had proof of a vaccine. I don't think it would happen, but I also don't think it would be any more terrible than requiring vaccines for school.

Had lunch with a realtor here in Myrtle Beach today. The market is red hot here.

A TON of people from up north are moving down and scooping up property. They're tired of getting absolutely crushed in taxes.
If I could give you a dislike for telling me more freakin yankees are moving I would. I understand why, but don’t want em.

That sucks, NYC's mayor is the worst, and they had terrible numbers initially. But it's sort of hard to argue with their less than 1% positive test rate right now. They've pretty much controlled the spread of the virus at this point. But they paid a heavy price, and it sounds like they may continue to pay a heavy economic price.

Restaurants have dine-in in Chicago with diminished capacity, but people are wondering what's going to happen this winter when most restaurants won't be able to have people eat outside.
Think the governor killed off most of the weak and elderly.

That sucks, NYC's mayor is the worst, and they had terrible numbers initially. But it's sort of hard to argue with their less than 1% positive test rate right now. They've pretty much controlled the spread of the virus at this point. But they paid a heavy price, and it sounds like they may continue to pay a heavy economic price.

Restaurants have dine-in in Chicago with diminished capacity, but people are wondering what's going to happen this winter when most restaurants won't be able to have people eat outside.

They haven't controlled it in my opinion, I think the masses already had it and anyone with money left the city back in March. The virus ran through NYC pretty quickly, given how close proximity everything is and the amount of people.

That said, you'll see the same spike in NYC come cold weather when outdoor dining isn't an option and it's too cold to walk from downtown to midtown forcing people to the subways.

Reactions: nealchick
They haven't controlled it in my opinion, I think the masses already had it and anyone with money left the city back in March. The virus ran through NYC pretty quickly, given how close proximity everything is and the amount of people.

That said, you'll see the same spike in NYC come cold weather when outdoor dining isn't an option and it's too cold to walk from downtown to midtown forcing people to the subways.
Just sayin, the positive test rate is extraordinarily low there right now. It's been below 1% for about a month.

I am preparing to retire from the military in a few years. I am definitely researching taxes and cost of living as we decide where we want to end up. When we work hard for what we have, why do we want it all taken from us?
Move to Texas. Real estate is cheaper than here and taxes are pretty low I hear.

I could not agree more.
Hell, what does it look like now ? Nothing but northerners everywhere for the last 15 years. which is fine. we are all americans. But it already looks like your fears is what i am saying.

(No State income tax here BTW, Chris)
source.gif

How and why do you continue to live there?

Only here for a year for work. After two months I can't wait to leave. The food is great, but everything else that makes NYC awesome is closed. No museums, no broadway, no sports. All that's left is over crowded dirty parks.

Just FYI. Nobody here in NYC likes De Blasio. Republicans and Democrats alike think hes a complete idiot.
That’s just as odd as a friend of mine has a daughter that lives in AOC’s district and they all hate her too but she somehow got elected and will probably get re-elected.
And her roommate is a gay African American male who hates her too, wtf?

Reactions: SGTiger
That’s just as odd as a friend of mine has a a daughter that lives in AOC’s district and they all hate her too but she somehow got elected and will probably get re-elected.

Yeah, NYC has problems. Crime is through the roof, and there is no communication between the community and the government. Businesses and people are realizing that with the advent of fast internet, working from home is cheaper, better for employee moral, and more efficient. Employees are realizing you can "work from home" from Florida. Restaurants will not survive the winter without indoor dining.

Hell, what does it look like now ? Nothing but northerners everywhere for the last 15 years. which is fine. we are all americans. But it already looks like your fears is what i am saying.

I hate it when Southerners use the “were all Americans” line. Ask those same Northerners how they feel about the natives in their new hometowns. You’d be shocked at the lack of political correctness for sucha woke group of people

How is that legal?

It’s not. State’s can’t impose exit taxes. What they are doing, however is auditing people leaving at higher rates, and some states are taking chunks of the emigrating resident’s home sales either as property tax payment insurance or as a special tax on capital gains stemming from the former resident’s sale.

Last edited:
Had lunch with a realtor here in Myrtle Beach today. The market is red hot here.

A TON of people from up north are moving down and scooping up property. They're tired of getting absolutely crushed in taxes.

Tell them to leave their politics up there and don't bring that liberal stuff down here!!!

That’s just as odd as a friend of mine has a daughter that lives in AOC’s district and they all hate her too but she somehow got elected and will probably get re-elected.
Dems rig elections!

We have lots of houses for sale here in the CLT area.

Oh wait, sorry they just sold.

It would be pretty cool if a bigger city would elect a republican mayor, in a state with a republican governor. Let's just try it as a social experiment. Give the city 20 years of conservative leadership and see how it does.

Reactions: nealchick

I was looking at potentially down sizing here on Lake Keowee in Seneca. Was looking for a lot to build on and the real estate market is nuts here. Folks are buying up nicer properties like hot cakes and driving prices through the roof. Realtor friend said it was primarily folks from up North as well. Those northern states will take a huge tax hit from shutting down restaurants and folks moving out. A less than .6% infection rate and you cannot open indoor dining to at least 25% until June 2021 or vaccine? A lot of defaults coming.

@nytigerfan you agree with this?

1. I think restaurants should be open with social distancing. NYC's infection rate is very low, we kicked covid's ass.

2. Deblasio is an idiot, nobody likes that guy. I know people ten times more liberal than me that feel that way.

3. the right wing media's stories of NYC's demise are grossly exaggerated. NYC will be fine and is actually quite pleasant right now.

4. It is true that there are a lot of poors in Queens that are looking to relocate to Charleston and Savannah. They are poors here, but will live like kings and be upper middle class in those places. I would not worry about politics too much, most of those folks are uneducated and are big Trump supporters. They think he grew up poor in queens and made it big. I guess they don't know that he was shitting in a gold toilet when he was a kid.

We have lots of houses for sale here in the CLT area.

Oh wait, sorry they just sold.

It would be pretty cool if a bigger city would elect a republican mayor, in a state with a republican governor. Let's just try it as a social experiment. Give the city 20 years of conservative leadership and see how it does.

It's already been done. Check out the Kansas experiment. Total failure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_experiment

This is mis-information and misleading and was discussed in a different thread. In fact, twitter deleted the original post.

How is it mis leading? It links the report on the CDC website that clearly states only 6% of the deaths were COVID related with no known other comorbidity? Translation, 94% of the deaths had other issues as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT