ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Line

wvatiger13

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2010
Just went back and watched most of the condensed game, focusing on the OL. I’m not as good as some at diagnosing exactly what’s going on so I won’t try to do a breakdown or anything, but a few things stuck out:

1. Blake Miller is a monster. He looks extremely athletic and is just mauling people.
2. The GT counter looks a million times better this year. As noted above, when Miller pulls he looks extremely athletic and is getting to his blocks really well. Surprised how good Parks looks when pulling as well, given his reported gimpy ankle.
3. Sewell got in pretty early for Parks and held up well. With Sadler in for Tate all game, it looks like we have some good options with depth there.
4. Linthicum did a really good job all night with snaps. Sewell got in at the end and snapped well too.
5. I liked what Thurmon and Wade brought to the table when they got in. Definitely made some mistakes but looked athletic and able to handle the load.
6. Overall, the OL looks like a night and day difference. Yes it’s App State, but our line was an absolute mess last year. The GT counter almost never worked and most of the time our guys looked too slow to get there before the back. These guys look mean, athletic and like they know what they’re doing.

Matt Luke is the f&$!@in man

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.