ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Struggles

cbourge

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2001
I know the stats show we put yards, but there’s no denying our offensive was off and out of sync today. And we seem to have the same problems in so many of our games, that are simply masked by ETN breaking off numerous long runs on his own This is what I see:

1. Offensive line gets no push and the yardage ETN get did almost always after contact behind the LOS.

2. We have a generational QB who all NFL scouts have been drooling over for 3 years, but his best passing plays are dump offs to ETN or quick screens to Rogers.

3. Deep 50/50% balls are more like 5% balls.

4. Our WR not only never seem to get separation, but they never seem to come open in open space like the WRs for Bama and OSU. Instead, the ball is always being hummed towards a WR that draped by a defender.

5. We have the programs best QB and RB in the same team, yet we have to string together many 10 plus play drives with multiple 3rd down conversions because we are terribly inefficient on first down and then predictable on 2’nd. (Unless ETNs bust a big run for a score).

watching these games, I feel like our offense is the furthest thing from being “prolific” and lacks creativity in play designs/calling. If we didn’t have TL or ETN, we would be in a world of hurt.

meanwhile, I watch OSU and Bama offense just steam rolling like we used to do, when Clemson was synonymous with offense, and like we should be having TL and ETN on the same unit.

So what’s the problem/excuse? Is it play calling? Playbook:design? Offense being handcuffed by average OL?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News