ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State football coming apart at the seams

Political views aside it doesn't take a genius to know what the reaction was going to be to this shirt. Its a moment in time where college players have more power than they ever have had so this certainly isnt the last of these events.
I'm not sure a lot of people would be overly worried about wearing a shirt with a conservative news network's name on it during a fishing trip. If this is how college football players are going to use their power, then things aren't going to be good.

I don’t know what their motivations and views are. If I had to guess I’d say this likely has less to do with an actual shirt or news outlet and more to do with an overarching issue they have with Gundy and this is just kind of something for them to publicly rally behind.
There could be a lot more going on that we don't know about, and this shirt is just the (stupid) opportunity to bring it to light. Or, it could be that this is the typical athlete frustration at team authorities being channeled into something else. But being upset about wearing this shirt is pretty ridiculous.

Reactions: Goodthinkful
Both side of a white supremacist rally are good? Really?

That's a great example. He never said that in the context it was portrayed. That was a complete and total fabrication. If you don't believe it, go look it up. Listen to the entire message he delivered. Also, stop being a lemming and judge people fairly. Judging people based on lies is flat wrong.

I'm not sure a lot of people would be overly worried about wearing a shirt with a conservative news network's name on it during a fishing trip. If this is how college football players are going to use their power, then things aren't going to be good.

It’s innocent in a vacuum and I’m not saying your a bad person for wearing it (bit of a wack job but that’s a personal take) but your job is a football coach at best your wearing something that the vast majority of your players don’t support. At worst you likely just turned your players against you and will make recruiting harder. It’s just a lack a lack of awareness I guess is my greater point.

What the hell are you talking about? It's called freedom, not free market. But given how you view things, as you were. I respect your knowledge of football but could not care less about your views. See, I can appreciate your knowledge, respect your right to your views and not give a damn what you have to say. That's call intelligent thought and there is very little of that going around these days.

Also as an editorial thought, these morons have no idea the reckoning this line of thinking is going to bring about. God help us all if they keep going this way because it will be terrible.
It’s all freedom! Gundy has the freedom to wear the shirt, the players have the freedom to choose not to play because of it, and the employer has the freedom to choose what (if any) actions it should take if a large number of players or recruits exercise their freedom to choose not to play for Oklahoma State, based on Gundy’s choice to exercise his freedom to wear the shirt!

I don’t see how any American could not just absolutely love all this freedom! Just too much winning for some of you!

It’s innocent in a vacuum and I’m not saying your a bad person for wearing it (bit of a wack job but that’s a personal take) but your job is a football coach at best your wearing something that the vast majority of your players don’t support. At worst you likely just turned your players against you and will make recruiting harder. It’s just a lack a lack of awareness I guess is my greater point.

That you think this line of thinking is even remotely sane is terrifying. And I would suggest based on history and factual evidence that wearing a NYT, WP, NBC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC T-shirt is wack. But guess what, I wouldn't think for a second about judging you for it. I certainly wouldn't care. That's your right and I would die to protect your freedom to do it.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
There could be a lot more going on that we don't know about, and this shirt is just the (stupid) opportunity to bring it to light. Or, it could be that this is the typical athlete frustration at team authorities being channeled into something else. But being upset about wearing this shirt is pretty ridiculous.
Being upset at the shirt is ridiculous, and honestly so is wearing that shirt or promoting that network as a legit new source. Lots of ridiculousness going around really.

That you think this line of thinking is even remotely sane is terrifying. And I would suggest based on history and factual evidence that wearing a NYT, WP, NBC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC T-shirt is wack. But guess what, I wouldn't think for a second about judging you for it. I certainly wouldn't care. That's your right and I would die to protect your freedom to do it.
So are you willing to die to protect Hubbard’s right to not play football and criticize Gundy for wearing the shirt?

I'm not sure why it should matter whether his players like OANN or not. I find it pretty hard to believe that most of them have heard about it independently of somebody doing some figurative fishing to try to turn players against Gundy. I mean, I have barely heard about it and I have worked in conservative politics and post on the freaking Main Board, which is a cesspool of right-wing conspiracy theorizing. This really just seems like looking for any reason to be upset.

That's a great example. He never said that in the context it was portrayed. That was a complete and total fabrication. If you don't believe it, go look it up. Listen to the entire message he delivered. Also, stop being a lemming and judge people fairly. Judging people based on lies is flat wrong.
He said both sides had good people. That is what he said. You know the context. So do I.

I'm not sure why it should matter whether his players like OANN or not. I find it pretty hard to believe that most of them have heard about it independently of somebody doing some figurative fishing to try to turn players against Gundy. I mean, I have barely heard about it and I have worked in conservative politics and post on the freaking Main Board, which is a cesspool of right-wing conspiracy theorizing. This really just seems like looking for any reason to be upset.

Its a politically charged environment to say the least, so im sure they found out about it on twitter like everyone else. Its not fair to gundy, but its the times we live in

Being upset at the shirt is ridiculous, and honestly so is wearing that shirt or promoting that network as a legit new source. Lots of ridiculousness going around really.
Agree that OANN is ridiculous and that wearing a shirt with OANN on it is silly, but in a way that nobody should care about. Maybe Gundy got the shirt for free and just wore it because he wanted to wear something he didn't care about while on a fishing trip. To me, being mad about the shirt is worse than just being in a picture on a fishing trip with the shirt on.

Reactions: funkbott

I would label anyone wearing a news t shirt is bit weird to be honest.

I did see where apparently OAN has run stories saying that BLM is a criminal organization/movement. So maybe that’s the cause for consternation over their coach wearing a shirt promoting that network.

Reactions: undertheradar
Also, there are quotes from Gundy in April talking about how much he loves OAN and how positive it is and how it reports the facts with no agenda lol...too lazy to link but its out there.

Reactions: undertheradar
Hubbard is free to express his right and not play for whatever he pleases, just like Gundy is free to wear a news network shirt.

If any single solitary human being doesn't think this is going too far they are not an American and hate freedom.

We can all disagree but still respect each other to the point of putting it aside and getting a job done.

I'm also free to have the opinion that Hubbard is a snowflake bitch.

I did see where apparently OAN has run stories saying that BLM is a criminal organization/movement. So maybe that’s the cause for consternation over their coach wearing a shirt promoting that network.
I don't know what they've said about BLM, but I'm sure they've gone looking for anything negative about them they can find and weren't that interested in how true it was. It's really too bad, because if you want to criticize BLM, there's plenty in their ideology that more moderate people wouldn't agree with. But instead of talking about that, you get conspiracy theories about the organization being a terrorist group, or just existing to funnel money to Democrats.

Reactions: CodingTiger
Hubbard is free to express his right and not play for whatever he pleases, just like Gundy is free to wear a news network shirt.

If any single solitary human being doesn't think this is going too far they are not an American and hate freedom.

We can all disagree but still respect each other to the point of putting it aside and getting a job done.

I'm also free to have the opinion that Hubbard is a snowflake bitch.
You can never go too far in giving out too much freedom!

Also, there are quotes from Gundy in April talking about how much he loves OAN and how positive it is and how it reports the facts with no agenda lol...too lazy to link but its out there.
Googled it, and:
“I tell you what's funny is, I was flipping through stations. I found one — I don't even know if anybody knows about this — it's called OAN,” Gundy said. “It's One America News. And it was so refreshing. They just report the news. There's no commentary. There's no opinions on this. There's no left. There's no right. They just reported the news. And I've been watching them the last week, because they're given us the news and given us more information — in my opinion — some of the positives are coming out. So, that was refreshing.”

According to HBO's John Oliver on "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver," OAN's Graham Ledger, host of The Daily Ledger, called Black LIves Matter "a criminal organization."

OAN has aired unsubstantiated conspiracy theories including that the 75-year-old protester who was knocked over and bloodied by Buffalo police actually was "an ANTIFA provocatuer."

It's hard to find what Graham Ledger actually said, though. Based on this, I'm guessing OAN mailed Gundy a shirt or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: CodingTiger
Googled it, and:
“I tell you what's funny is, I was flipping through stations. I found one — I don't even know if anybody knows about this — it's called OAN,” Gundy said. “It's One America News. And it was so refreshing. They just report the news. There's no commentary. There's no opinions on this. There's no left. There's no right. They just reported the news. And I've been watching them the last week, because they're given us the news and given us more information — in my opinion — some of the positives are coming out. So, that was refreshing.”

According to HBO's John Oliver on "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver," OAN's Graham Ledger, host of The Daily Ledger, called Black LIves Matter "a criminal organization."

OAN has aired unsubstantiated conspiracy theories including that the 75-year-old protester who was knocked over and bloodied by Buffalo police actually was "an ANTIFA provocatuer."

It's hard to find what Graham Ledger actually said, though. Based on this, I'm guessing OAN mailed him a shirt or something.
Sounds to me like Gundy has just gone full boomer

He said both sides had good people. That is what he said. You know the context. So do I.

As per usual, no you don't. So I will help you so the stupid doesn't spread on this board any further.

Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"

Reporter: "I do love Thomas Jefferson."

Trump: "Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

"Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

Reporter: "Sir, I just didn’t understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? I just don’t understand what you were saying."

Trump: "No, no. There were people in that rally -- and I looked the night before -- if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

"But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest -- because, I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So I only tell you this: There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country -- a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country.

Context is a bitch my friend. So are facts. Please retract your statement about this and admit you never looked it up, you just believed what you were told.

For the record, any of you who don’t see any political, social, or athletic view like me shows nothing but your intolerance. I will NOT stand for it and have officially put you on Ignore!

See how stupid this stufff is getting?!?

As per usual, no you don't. So I will help you so the stupid doesn't spread on this board any further.

Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"

Trump: "Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

"Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

Reporter: "Sir, I just didn’t understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? I just don’t understand what you were saying."

Trump: "No, no. There were people in that rally -- and I looked the night before -- if you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day it looked like they had some rough, bad people -- neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them.

"But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest -- because, I don’t know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn’t have a permit. So I only tell you this: There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country -- a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country.

Context is a bitch my friend. So are facts. Please retract your statement about this and admit you never looked it up, you just believed what you were told.
Obviously speaking coherently with conviction, facts, nouns and verbs let alone sound reasoning is beyond Trump. Fact is those same very fine people had no qualms mixing in and protesting with the white supremacists.

Reactions: GoodWord28

Oh okay, the people marching with the bro nazis are the fine people he’s referring to. Cool.

you just don’t understand.

Obviously speaking coherently with conviction, facts, nouns and verbs let alone sound reasoning is beyond Trump. Fact is those same very fine people had no qualms mixing in and protesting with the white supremacists.

I will never forget when I moved to Washington DC at age 11. We went down to the national mall for the first time and there was a huge protest. We had the KKK and a civil rights group marching at the same time, in the same area, peacefully. They were all together and some even spoke socially. They disagreed to the death for sure but they could at least function in the same space. What you're saying has no bearing on what the president said in this case. You know that so you'll do what you usually do and "change the truth" to fit your views. It's a sad display.

I think anybody who was being charitable at all knew he didn't mean that the white supremacists and neo-Nazis were "fine people." It's also frequently glossed over that there were quite a few agitators among the counter-protesters who were there.

But Trump's problem was that his emphasis was way off. Why was his impulse to defend the side that had white supremacists and neo-Nazis in it? Why the simplistic talk about good and bad people? To me, it was just one of the many times when he showed people he wasn't up to the job, mostly because he's an idiot rather than being evil.

Last edited:
Oh okay, the people marching with the bro nazis are the fine people he’s referring to. Cool.

you just don’t understand.
I mostly agree with you, but you could also do the same kind of thing with the rioters and the peaceful protesters: "Oh okay, the people marching with the rioters and cop-killers are the great people you support." Personally, I'm leaving any even where it looks like I could be associated with white-supremacists and Nazis, but I suppose it's possible there could've been separate groups. Why Trump felt like he had to highlight those people, who seemed to be a small percentage of the protesters, I don't know.

I think anybody who was being charitable at all knew he didn't mean that the white supremacists and neo-Nazis were "fine people." It's also frequently glossed over that there were quite a few agitators among the counter-protesters who were there. But Trump's problem is that his emphasis is way off. Why was his impulse to defend the side that had white supremacists and neo-Nazis in it? Why the simplistic talk about good and bad people? To me, it was just one of the many times when he showed people he wasn't up to the job, mostly because he's an idiot rather than being evil.

Fair question. There were people there who had a permit to protest about their views on the monuments coming down. They have a right to their views about that issue. I happen to disagree with them because of the context in which the monuments were erected but that's their freedom to do so. If bad people show up, that doesn't mean they should have to stop.

And if we apply this principle, wouldn't we say that when ANTIFA and other white nationalist groups showed up all over the country in recent protests that everyone should have stopped and gone home. The media has gone out of its way to say the protests over George Floyd has been peaceful and had a lot of "fine people" in it. Were the fine people looting, stealing, burning and committing violent acts? So why there is a double standard?

I don't label anyone but I do find it strange as well. But that isn't what we're talking about here.

my argument was less about the shirt itself but being aware of your environment. Like it or not most of the news college kids are taking in are going to be from more liberal perspectives. Therefore wearing a far right news t shirt is going to get you vilified from the very sources of news your players have. We can get into a whole big discussion about weather that is fair or not but it’s the world we live in and as a coach who makes millions you should be aware of it.

I mostly agree with you, but you could also do the same kind of thing with the rioters and the peaceful protesters: "Oh okay, the people marching with the rioters and cop-killers are the great people you support." Personally, I'm leaving any even where it looks like I could be associated with white-supremacists and Nazis, but I suppose it's possible there could've been separate groups. Why Trump felt like he had to highlight those people, who seemed to be a small percentage of the protesters, I don't know.
Marching alongside this:
Charlottesville_%27Unite_the_Right%27_Rally_%2835780274914%29_crop.jpg

Is different that this:

Black-Lives-Matter-San-Francisco.jpg

Marching alongside this:
Charlottesville_%27Unite_the_Right%27_Rally_%2835780274914%29_crop.jpg

Is different that this:

Black-Lives-Matter-San-Francisco.jpg

Both resulted in tragic death(s) and one burned businesses to the ground. Both are filled with less than loving emotions and one is among the most evil ideologies in the history of this planet. I consider both pretty indefensible.

Both resulted in tragic death(s) and one burned businesses to the ground. Both are filled with less than loving emotions and one is among the most evil ideologies in the history of this planet. I consider both pretty indefensible.
Marching for racial equality is not indefensible.

How are you so blind?

Reactions: Da Swami
OANN is the "news network" that is to the right of Fox News, employs a Kremlin plant, and was where Trump got his tweet that the old dude who got pushed over in Buffalo was an Antifa agent from.

--Mr. DT

Please give me some info on this Kremlin plant....thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT