ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss - Players kneel during National Anthem

I need to prove your statement? Wow.
Lol. You're avoiding the topic because you have no answers. People disrespect the flag every single day according to the same codes that dictate that kneeling is being disrespectful. Yet I don't see any of you pitching a fit about about the everyday misuse of the flag.

If this doesn't bother you, but kneeling during the national anthem does I have news for you. It's not the disrespect of the Anthem and Flag that is bothering you....

c759d80d1a008483562012e110e06bf0--clemson-football-helmet.jpg

Reactions: VeniceTiger
I LOLed at the first part

For the second statement, I get where you’re coming from.

My stance, as a Veteran, has always been and will remain that American citizens have the right to kneel for the anthem. Does it always makes sense to me? Not really - but it’s their right. And I respect that right. I know it’s a sensitive topic for those who have lost brothers in arms but my thought is we swore an oath for the American people to live in a free, democratic society. We serve(d) so they have the freedom to make a choice. Me personally, I’ll always stand and remove my hat and place my hand over my heart.

Just my 2 cents
Amen and THANK YOU for your SERVICE!!

It's actually very smart and well planned. It's getting them everything they desire. Seems you might want to go back to the drawing board understanding what protest actually is.

And I would hope they would continue to protest prior to the actual contest peacefully. It doesn't disrupt the actual contest and only mentally soft people are bothered. I'm ok with that.

If they hadn't kneeled tonight I wouldn't have known dumb ass Mississippi was having a Confederate protest further embarassing themselves and keeping Americans from thinking SC is the worse in this area. Yay Mississippi.

The problem is, your target audience isn't very bright. No matter how many times you explain you aren't disrespecting the flag or veterans or whatever, you've lost your most important target. In some cases, you've made the divide larger.

Most reasonable people understand the protest, but they weren't the problem.

Yea, no drawing board necessary here my friend. Just because it’s getting them everything they desire doesn’t make it smart or well planned. It’s the easiest thing to do to get attention at the moment. Protesting doesn’t have to happen during a ceremony that some people hold sacred. It causes more controversy and division than it does getting their initial point across...

Has nothing to do with being “mentally soft”. Just means it bothers people who are passionate about what the anthem stands for and feel like it’s disrespect in a way. Keep protesting by all means...but they’re gonna have to accept the backlash that comes with it and I’m ok with that.

It's actually very smart and well planned. It's getting them everything they desire. Seems you might want to go back to the drawing board understanding what protest actually is.

And I would hope they would continue to protest prior to the actual contest peacefully. It doesn't disrupt the actual contest and only mentally soft people are bothered. I'm ok with that.

If they hadn't kneeled tonight I wouldn't have known dumb ass Mississippi was having a Confederate protest further embarassing themselves and keeping Americans from thinking SC is the worse in this area. Yay Mississippi.

The problem is, your target audience isn't very bright. No matter how many times you explain you aren't disrespecting the flag or veterans or whatever, you've lost your most important target. In some cases, you've made the divide larger.

Exactly

Yeah because the people who want change in the country, by using the methods the country gives them peacefully, want to leave. They are literally playing by the rules this great country gives them, peacefully.....but they hate the country and want to leave. How many of them ever said they hate or even dislike America? You gotta be smarter than that.

When president Obama was in the White House there was protest everywhere. There were some very angry people some people believe rightfully so. Why didn't they just leave? Because that would be stupid. But when I hear libs complain the common go to is why don't you just leave if you're not happy. When women couldn't vote should they have just left because they weren't happy? Protest can be just as much about love as you claim it's about hate. The love to make this country better in their minds. You might disagree with what they think is better but you have to be stupid to think it's because they hate the country.

So you really believe that out of a multitude of other reasons they were protesting a confederate rally, it was out of......love?

I understand your point about those not being that smart. The target is the people in the middle tho. No one is trying to change the mind of stupid racists. Some people honestly have no idea what's going on and you gain more of them as allies each time. No different than any other time in history. Eventually a tipping point was reached and a change was made.

Yea, no drawing board necessary here my friend. Just because it’s getting them everything they desire doesn’t make it smart or well planned. It’s the easiest thing to do to get attention at the moment. Protesting doesn’t have to happen during a ceremony that some people hold sacred. It causes more controversy and division than it does getting their initial point across...

Has nothing to do with being “mentally soft”. Just means it bothers people who are passionate about what the anthem stands for and feel like it’s disrespect in a way. Keep protesting by all means...but they’re gonna have to accept the backlash that comes with it and I’m ok with that.

I honestly don't think you know what you're talking about. It's well planned and getting what you want is the only point. Think for a second. Protestors sometimes break the law. Protestors actually go to jail. Some have died because of counter protestors. No one is saying they shouldn't receive backlash. The backlash leads to the very discussion we're having here. Some in this thread have gotten a little closer in thought to where the protesters need them. So I'm ok with also.

And it had everything to do with being mentally soft. My dad and many of my family members served. I have family in law enforcement. Their service separates our citizens from the rest of the world. I'm mentally strong enough to accept long haired hippies walking in the rights people died for. People died so you wouldn't have to worship a flag. People and the freedom of the people matter over a flag. What you seek is some sort of communist state where we all fall in love with a symbol and fall in line. That's exactly the opposite of why people died. But when you practice that you're somehow anti that? Weird huh. It's great to celebrate what those heros died for but painful to see it used. Mental toughness and understanding of what they died for is necessary.

So you really believe that out of a multitude of other reasons they were protesting a confederate rally, it was out of......love?

Are you really missing it this bad? I'm saying protestors can protest out of love for something even tho you're calling it hate. Loving something means holding it accountable to what it says it is. Our country states some pretty strong ideas and ideals and we hold it accountable and we have tried to get closer to the what we say we are with each generation.

Are you really missing it this bad? I'm saying protestors can protest out of love for something even tho you're calling it hate. Loving something means holding it accountable to what it says it is. Our country states some pretty strong ideas and ideals and we hold it accountable and we have tried to get closer to the what we say we are with each generation.

Wtf? I think what I’m missing is some of your logic here. How bout this- I’m gonna do us both a favor...I’m gonna “protest” this entire conversation outta my “love” for sleep...

Wtf? I think what I’m missing is some of your logic here. How bout this- I’m gonna do us both a favor...I’m gonna “protest” this entire conversation outta my “love” for sleep...

LOL

As a Ret. Combat Marine this stuff really affends me. Ive worked and volunteer in the inner city schools. Im a high school asst head coach and D coordinator. Also coach other sports and volunteer year around as a strength coach. I also coach semi pro as a D coordinator. All that to be said there are many colors and cultures in the game of football And other sports. The greatest thing about athletics in that its similar to the military cause you have a group of people from all diffrent walks of life with diffrent cultures and nationalities coming together for a Goal and working to accomplish said goal. When i join a team I dont ask racial or devisive queations before. NO it doesnt MATTER. Kneeling agianst a flag doesnt make since. It affends way to many so the topic is now changed. Why not organize a protest. To bring people together. I also BELIEVE the monuments should Stay cause once you erase history your bound to repeat yourselves. Just a thought erasing history doesnt make since. But also to kneel agianst the strongest representation of the right to protest to me is pointless. The athletes have a voice. I repect that 100% but whats the point of doing something that gets a negative reaction when there are far better ways to get there point ACROSS.

You are all over the place with all due respect.

You do all that in the inner city yet you still don't get it. You may be arguably worse than those that have honestly never stepped foot in an underserved community.

No one protests AGAINST the flag. NO ONE IS PROTESTING AGAINST THE FLAG. They are using the attention that the flag gets to gain attention. Not sure how so many people miss this. In America it will get you the most attention especially when you believe the item in question is something to send a message to the entire nation.

And the last thing. Monuments are for honoring the HONORABLE. When you decide that the person is no longer to be honored you can remove whatever you want. Germany got rid of any monuments, school names, street names, etc to those in Nazi Germany. I somehow learned about all of it. Surprisingly history wasn't erased. It's an honor to have a statue but when it's deemed you no longer deserve it then you lost it.

If your school had pictures and monuments of the Smollett character everywhere because he waswa famous graduate and you decided you didn't want that liar everywhere I'm sure you'd be on board with removing his monuments. Times change. Murder is something that was once acceptable that no longer in the eyes of some. Apparently not all tho.
This. Great post.

Confederate sympathizers are trash. You can’t rep a flag that waged war against the USA and then claim “kneeling disrespects the flag.”

Thank God for Grant and Sherman

If only Sherman could burn down Atlanta and Columbia again, the world would be a better place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT