ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Beaches - Turks and Caicos

jonalexand1

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2005
Marion, MA
headed there in a couple weeks with the family (including two six year old boys and a two year old). For those who have been...

- Any tips on things to definitely do (for us with the kids and us alone)?

- Tips on anything to avoid?

- I could probably find this online, but do they have the same electrical outlets we have or do we need an adapter?

- For anything off-site or not part of all-inclusive....better payment method...US cash or credit (leaning towards credit)?

thanks in advance.

headed there in a couple weeks with the family (including two six year old boys and a two year old). For those who have been...

- I could probably find this online, but do they have the same electrical outlets we have or do we need an adapter?

- For anything off-site or not part of all-inclusive....better payment method...US cash or credit (leaning towards credit)?

thanks in advance.

We never leave the resort honestly..

Normal electrical plugs..

Always do cash and negotiate. Credit cards are ripe for theft.

Book dinner reservations early so you don't miss out..

If you don't have a butler get up early to put stuff down on pool and beach chairs or you might not get one.

There is a great Facebook page call Beaches T&C official fans..

If you don't have a butler get up early to put stuff down on pool and beach chairs or you might not get one.

Awesome stuff, thanks! When you say book dinner reservations early do you mean like early in the week that we’re there or before we even arrive? We are there may 4-11.

You’re missing out if you don’t leave the resort. A lot of smaller beaches around the island that are fantastic and not crowded. Of course you’ll need to rent a car for that. There are a lot of great restaurants that aren’t a part of the resort. Coco Bistro, magnolia restaurant and wine bar, Caribbean Element, Mango reef, bay bistro, etc.

thanks in advance.

Watch out for the Tiger Shark mating season May 1-13. the islands try to keep this quiet but I wouldn’t stick a pinky toe in over 6” of water during that time. It becomes common to see a 15’ Tiger in the shallows of 4’ or less! Sorry to be bearer of bad news but keep those kids in the Pool!!

thanks in advance.

Book a day with these guys. https://www.sillycreekwatersports.com/

Best day of our trip. They will take you to different islands that you can’t get to otherwise. Snorkeled at the wall, which was a crazy experience.

Reactions: jonalexand1
Awesome stuff, thanks! When you say book dinner reservations early do you mean like early in the week that we’re there or before we even arrive? We are there may 4-11.

Places like Kimonos book up fast so we always make a couple dinner reservations when we get there and then let just play the other nights by ear.

You’re missing out if you don’t leave the resort. A lot of smaller beaches around the island that are fantastic and not crowded. Of course you’ll need to rent a car for that. There are a lot of great restaurants that aren’t a part of the resort. Coco Bistro, magnolia restaurant and wine bar, Caribbean Element, Mango reef, bay bistro, etc.

You are probably right but having kids with us and with all of the activities on resort there isn't much I miss out on.

When the wife and I do resorts without the kids then we explore a little more.

Just for the record with the kids we like the Beaches Negril the best. Smaller but has the best beach and you can let the kids roam in the resort.

You are probably right but having kids with us and with all of the activities on resort there isn't much I miss out on.

When the wife and I do resorts without the kids then we explore a little more.

Just for the record with the kids we like the Beaches Negril the best. Smaller but has the best beach and you can let the kids roam in the resort.
Touché. I don’t have kids so I don’t really have to worry about that. When we went to Providenciales in October 2017, it was a week after Hurricane Maria hit them and Beaches was absolutely obliterated. I’m pretty sure it was closed for close to a year for repairs. Some parts of the island looked like a bomb had gone off but Grace Bay wasn’t too bad.

thanks in advance.
Go to the Jerk Shack at the end of the resort. Mama’s chicken is the best.

great feedback everyone, much appreciated! Any deep sea fishing opportunities? I'd like to take my twins who are about to turn 6 out for a half day or so (full day would be too long for their attention span).

If you like to snorkel, there is a great place to snorkel right off the beach a short distance to the left on the beach as you leave Beaches. On of the best “off the beach” snorkel places I’ve seen, and we have been to a lot of snorkel destinations in the Caribbean.

thanks in advance.

great place. the really good restaurants fill up fast so you need reservations. We stayed in a resort the first time and then rented a house on the beach the second time we went, the resort was 5 star service all around which was nice. Tents, fruit and waiter service on the beach at the resorts. Definitely do the fishing, it was surprisingly good. We went out with a guy named Wing, named after chicken wing. great guy, good guide. Had us pulling up fish all day. Then took us to an island with the bluest water I have ever seen. We swam and drank beer while he cleaned the fish for us. Be careful at the airport, some sketchy dudes running around. (of course you could say that about any airport in the world)

for those of you have been with young kids (we have twin 5 year olds and a two year old)...

- does the resort have life jackets and/or puddle jumpers or did you have to bring your own?

- does the resort have snorkels / masks that would fit the 5 year olds or did you bring your own? We're planning on taking the twins snorkeling.

thanks in advance!

Reactions: nmerritt11
for those of you have been with young kids (we have twin 5 year olds and a two year old)...

- does the resort have life jackets and/or puddle jumpers or did you have to bring your own?

- does the resort have snorkels / masks that would fit the 5 year olds or did you bring your own? We're planning on taking the twins snorkeling.

thanks in advance!

Man this is why you need to use a travel planner...no cost to you and they give you all this info and you don’t have to do shit bit show up and drink

I’m not sure about puddle jumpers but they’ll have mask and snorkels that fit kids for sure but they won’t be the best. I can ask my wife the other questions.

Man this is why you need to use a travel planner...no cost to you and they give you all this info and you don’t have to do shit bit show up and drink

I’m not sure about puddle jumpers but they’ll have mask and snorkels that fit kids for sure but they won’t be the best. I can ask my wife the other questions.

thanks Nick. will definitely be reaching out to you and your wife for our next trip. This one was actually the Make a Wish trip for my son jack, so all the planning / booking etc was done through them. We got most of the details from them, but had some open questions on things like this. hope all is well bud.

Reactions: nmerritt11
thanks Nick. will definitely be reaching out to you and your wife for our next trip. This one was actually the Make a Wish trip for my son jack, so all the planning / booking etc was done through them. We got most of the details from them, but had some open questions on things like this. hope all is well bud.

Always! I’ll seriously pick my wife’s brain when I get home and see what she says but Beaches does an amazing job. You won’t be hurting for anything.

Taylor Beach is on the south side of Provo where all the rich homes are. Dick Clark had a house there. Anyway the beach was empty both days we were there a few weeks ago. and the water is only waist deep for about 200 yards. Perfect place to let the kids swim without worrying and its insanely gorgeous.

But you have to bring your own drinks/snacks/chairs so might be an effort leaving the resort.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT