ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Beer recs (IPA's)

Adam Goodwin is the head brewer at CF. Used to work with Trillium/Tired Hands. Not sure if you've had any of their stuff but its very similar. Trillium is top notch and up there as far as being known for NE ipas.
Yeah I haven't had the Trillium stuff but I know Adam pretty well.

Looks like I need to make a trip to CF next time I'm down south, I was not familiar with them.

Oh forgot to mention Resident Culture. I saw a few Charlotte breweries mentioned and they shouldn't be left off the list. Former Russian River brewer. Awesome IPA and good selection of brett saisons.

Reactions: KingBMich
Looks like I need to make a trip to CF next time I'm down south, I was not familiar with them.

Oh forgot to mention Resident Culture. I saw a few Charlotte breweries mentioned and they shouldn't be left off the list. Former Russian River brewer. Awesome IPA and good selection of brett saisons.
RC is awesome. Them and Heist are my fav charlotte spots. They just did a collab with 8th state that is incredible.

I'll throw in Newgrass brewing in Shelby. If you haven't been, you should go.

RC is awesome. Them and Heist are my fav charlotte spots. They just did a collab with 8th state that is incredible.

The lineup RC has for the Lager Fest that they're throwing in August is one of the best small lineups I've ever seen.

Another vote for Jai Alai, bells two hearted. Those are great. We bought every can of jai alai they had at the St. Petersburg Publix in Jan 2017. The cashier asked “is there something going on today?”, yes ma’am, we’re going to win the gd national championship...

My favorite goes back and forth between Sierra Nevada tropical torpedo and hazy. Hazy is very good from the tap at the brewery. But the current leader in the clubhouse is Fatty’s Lazy Hazy out of Charleston. Can only get it at the brewery I believe, but should hit the shelves before too long.

f39d2525e3564b958a2f09e91889f5b7_640x640.jpg

I saw it mentioned earlier but the Sweetwater G13 (Black Label) has been my favorite this summer. I'm usually bounce around with the IPA's but this one has definitely been a keeper.

IPAs - Anything from Breakside (Portland). Anything from Maine Beer Co. IMO, Columbia Craft is the best brewery in the state (SC) but have limited distribution.

Hazy's - Tree House Brewing (Charlton, MA) is fantastic but does not distribute at all. Creature Comforts in Athens is great as well.
Thanks!

Another vote for Pernicious! Like Jai Alai a lot too.
Consumed a few Hi-Wire hi-pitch mosaics this weekend and enjoyed them.

I'll vouch for Jai Alai and Bells Two Hearted also. Lauginitas is another one of my favorites. As far as under the radar stuff, Sweetwater makes an ipa called Dank Tank that definitely lives up to its name

Fort Myers High 5 or Stone are my go to. But I pretty much like all....(plenty of coors light consumed)

And can laugh at beer drinkers as well

Reactions: Goin Coastal
Another vote for Charlestown Fermentory...my buddies discovered this place a couple years ago, and one of us goes every time they have a can release. My fridge stays stocked with their stuff. Their Mars Express is one of my favorites...it's an American Pale Ale, but still hazy. Another new brewery that's putting out some good hazys is Two Tides in Savannah.

Reactions: KingBMich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT