ADVERTISEMENT

OT: IF PERRY NOBLE CARED, HE WOULD HELP FIND DARCY

TAINT_PAINT

The Mariana Trench
Nov 10, 2012
HE'S ON A HOBO CULT CARAVAN SLICING ORGANIC ZUCCHINI UNATTENDED INSTEAD OF GOING TO VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL.

dude_eating_popcorn_hg_blk.gif

I don't even care much for Perry but the butthurt over him is ridiculous. Just drop it.

Who's Darcy??? btw yah he's a little over the top with this 57 satellite campus thing imo

having attended several mega-churches over the last 20 yrs( Jack Hayford's Church on the Way, John Macarthur's Grace Community, Marathon in Powdersville, and yes briefly at New Spring) I'm completely over the whole rah rah we're such a great church because we're growiing so fast thing. it's really a culture of people who feel great about being a part of something.
The reality is the vast majority of people in these churches came from small traditional stick in the mud churches which are rapidly dwindling in the U.S. and the Mega churches are just as religous - just in a different format. I'm tired of religion, just give me Jesus.

According to the Great Prophet Perry Noble, appalchia is in this situation because he hasn't been tithing.

So I don't think Perry Noble can help him here.

Originally posted by Ron Munson:
According to the Great Prophet Perry Noble, appalchia is in this situation because he hasn't been tithing.

ooohh... appalchia's Darcy. I did not connect those dots.

Now, if someone can fill me in on the hobo caravan reference, I might actually get this thread.

This post was edited on 7/1 12:37 PM by Poker_Tiger

You don't have to like him. You don't have to like Newsping. But they have done more to advance the cause of Christ in this state in the last 10 years than anyone.

Thank goodness I'm not the judge, but if I were standing before God, I think I would rather be Perry than you.

Let it go for your own good. It's never been funny and with every post it's getting worse.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

My daddy left home when I was three
And he didn't leave much to ma and me
Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze.
Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid
But the meanest thing that he ever did
Was before he left, he went and named me Darcy.

Well, he must o' thought that is quite a joke
And it got a lot of laughs from a' lots of folk,
It seems I had to fight my whole life through.
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named Darcy.

Well, I grew up quick and I grew up mean,
My fist got hard and my wits got keen,
I'd roam from town to town to hide my shame.
But I made a vow to the moon and stars
That I'd search the honky-tonks and bars
And kill that man who gave me that awful name.

Well, it was Gatlinburg in mid-July
And I just hit town and my throat was dry,
I thought I'd stop and have myself a brew.
At an old saloon on a street of mud,
There at a table, dealing stud,
Sat the dirty, mangy dog that named me Darcy.

Well, I knew that snake was my own sweet dad
From a worn-out picture that my mother'd had,
And I knew that scar on his cheek and his evil eye.
He was big and bent and gray and old,
And I looked at him and my blood ran cold
And I said: "My name is Darcy! How do you do!
Now your gonna die!!"

Well, I hit him hard right between the eyes
And he went down, but to my surprise,
He come up with a knife and cut off a piece of my ear.
But I busted a chair right across his teeth
And we crashed through the wall and into the street
Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

I tell ya, I've fought tougher men
But I really can't remember when,
He kicked like a mule and he bit like a crocodile.
I heard him laugh and then I heard him cuss,
He went for his gun and I pulled mine first,
He stood there lookin' at me and I saw him smile.

And he said: "Son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough
And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along.
So I give ya that name and I said goodbye
I knew you'd have to get tough or die
And it's the name that helped to make you strong."

He said: "Now you just fought one hell of a fight
And I know you hate me, and you got the right
To kill me now, and I wouldn't blame you if you do.
But ya ought to thank me, before I die,
For the gravel in ya guts and the spit in ya eye
Cause I'm the son-of-a-bitch that named you Darcy.

I got all choked up and I threw down my gun
And I called him my pa, and he called me his son,
And I came away with a different point of view.
And I think about him, now and then,
Every time I try and every time I win,
And if I ever have a son, I think I'm gonna name him
Bill or George! Anything but Darcy! I still hate that name!

Agreed.

Newspring isn't my church, but they bring people to Jesus Christ by the thousands.

More lives saved there (and for eternity, in this case!) than every doctor in the state of South Carolina.

Let it go.

Let's face it, the guy's a weirdo...

And why does he need to be the star at all of these satellite campuses they are throwing up?? Hmmmm

Originally posted by Poker_Tiger:
Originally posted by Ron Munson:

ooohh... appalchia's Darcy. I did not connect those dots.

Now, if someone can fill me in on the hobo caravan reference, I might actually get this thread.

This post was edited on 7/1 12:37 PM by Poker_Tiger
GET SOME READING COMPREHENSION. DARCY'S MOM (WHO IS A MEMBER OF A GYPSY CULT) STOLE DARCY AND APPTIGER WAS ON THE WAY TO INTERCEPT THE CARAVAN TO FIND DARCY AGAIN. THE TOOL RACK IN THE GRASS WAS JUST A GRACIOUS ANALOGY FOR DARCY.

Originally posted by FreeSC:
Agreed.

Newspring isn't my church, but they bring people to Jesus Christ by the thousands.

More DOLLARS TITHED there (and for eternity, in this case!) than every doctor in the state of South Carolina.

Let it go.

Originally posted by firegiver:

Agreed.

More DOLLARS TITHED there (and for eternity, in this case!) than every doctor in the state of South Carolina.

Let it go.
How many doctors can there be in the state of south Carolina?

Originally posted by tigerpaw95:
How exactly does giving away a brand new Jeep during Sunday morning services further the cause of Christ?
I would say it gets people to accept Jesus at Newspring because they got a chance to win a Jeep.

Got to get those number up. Doesn't really matter if they really accept Jesus it goes on the board counting converts which seems to be primarly what people talk about with Newspring.

Originally posted by DieHard4Clemson:
And somehow these threads about "religion" don't get removed.
Laughing at Perry Noble is the one thing that brings together atheists and the religious. We can all appreciate how absolutely insane it is to be apart of newspring...

Originally posted by steele-tiger:

Originally posted by tigerpaw95:
How exactly does giving away a brand new Jeep during Sunday morning services further the cause of Christ?

I would say it gets people to accept Jesus at Newspring because they got a chance to win a Jeep.

Got to get those number up. Doesn't really matter if they really accept Jesus it goes on the board counting converts which seems to be primarly what people talk about with Newspring.
This is exactly why it's creepy, it's all about numbers(money) and ringing em up on the big board. Reminds me of George Costanza selling computers.

Agreed.

More lives saved there (and for eternity, in this case!) than every doctor in the state of South Carolina.

Let it go.
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. NOBODY knows if their religion is true, they just have to have FAITH. But we all know that doctors save lives. (and probably take a few too)

I'm guessing FreeSC doesn't mean freedom of religion in SC. Christians only care if they are free to practice their religion, don't care if people are free to practice any religion they want or none at all. Most think Atheist means you are a devil worshiper, not that you are Anti-theist (don't believe any religion). It's amazing how ignorant (sheltered/oblivious) most Christians are and yes I was brought up with blinders on but saw the light once I got old enough to think outside the box.
This post was edited on 7/1 3:01 PM by my95GTHO

I believe the one thing all on here can agree on about NewSpring is they have certainly helped the jeep sales.

Originally posted by my95GTHO:

Agreed.

Let it go.
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. NOBODY knows if their religion is true, they just have to have FAITH. But we all know that doctors save lives. (and probably take a few too)

I'm guessing FreeSC doesn't mean freedom of religion in SC. Christians only care if they are free to practice their religion, don't care if people are free to practice any religion they want or none at all. Most think Atheist means you are a devil worshiper, not that you are Anti-theist (don't believe any religion). It's amazing how ignorant (sheltered/oblivious) most Christians are and yes I was brought up with blinders on but saw the light once I got old enough to think outside the box.

ITT I learned that "thinking outside the box" means making blanket statements and broad generalizations casting Christians in a negative light. The irony is that this type of enlightened thinking by anyone else would have immediately drawn the ire of my95GTHO as racist or bigoted had the term "Christians" been repalced with any one of the many protected classes.

Originally posted by chapintiger:

Agreed.

Let it go.

ITT I learned that "thinking outside the box" means making blanket statements and broad generalizations casting Christians in a negative light. The irony is that this type of enlightened thinking by anyone else would have immediately drawn the ire of my95GTHO as racist or bigoted had the term "Christians" been repalced with any one of the many protected classes.
wonka1.jpg

Originally posted by Transference:

Agreed.

Let it go.

ec
I never said Christains were persecuted. Never came close to saying it. You're just trying too hard, once again.

Agreed.

Let it go.

ec
I never said Christains were persecuted. Never came close to saying it. You're just trying too hard, once again.
Just really wanted to post that meme for some reason, but the fact remains, the religious are still a protected class within society. Just because a guy on a message board says something that got your jimmies rustled, doesn't change that fact...

Agreed.

Let it go.

ec
Just really wanted to post that meme for some reason, but the fact remains, the religious are still a protected class within society. Just because a guy on a message board says something that got your jimmies rustled, doesn't change that fact...
My only point, which I thought was clear, was that my95GTHO would have been one of the first people to get bent out of shape had someone made such a broad generalization about the gheys, or the jews, or the blacks. Yet, he made a similar statement about Christians. I found it ironic. No jimmies rustled here, or only maybe slightly. At least you found a way to incorporate Gene Wilder though.

player give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
I'm steal doobies
spit loogies when I puff on it
I got some bucks on it
but it ain't enuff on it
go get the S t. I d e s
never the less,
I'm hella Fresh,
rollin joints like a cigarrette
so pass it 'cross the table like Ping Pong,
I'm gone,
beatin' my chest like King Kong,
it's on,
wrap my lips around a 40,
and when it comes to get another stogie,
fools all kick in like Shinobi
no, me ain't my homie to begin with,
it's too many heads to be poppin' at my friend hit it
unless you pull out the phat, crispy
five dollar bill on the real before its history
cos fools be havin' them vaccum lungs,
an if you let 'em hit it for free,
you hellar "dum-dum-dum-dum"
I come to school with the taylor on my earlobe
avoidin' all the thick teasers, skeezers, and weirdos
that be blowin off the land like 'where tha bomb at?'
give me two bucks,
you take a puff,
and pass my bomb back
suck up the dank like a slurpy
the serious bomb will make a nigge go delirous like Eddie Murphy
I got more growin' pains than Maggie
cos homies nag me,
to take the dank out of the baggie

Chorus:
I got five on it,
grab your 40,
let's get keyed
I got five on it,
messin' wit that Indo weed
I got five on it,
it's got me stuck and not go back
I got five on it,
potna lets go half on a sac

I don't give a damn what you or anybody else thinks.... just find it hilarious that most christians do think they are persecuted... WAR ON RELIGION AHHHHH

This thread gave me a good laugh on a Tuesday afternoon at halftime of the World Cup match.

I can always laugh at a combination of Perry Noble/appalachia/Darcy.

Prayers sent appalachia.

Originally posted by TAINT_PAINT:
HE'S ON A HOBO CULT CARAVAN SLICING ORGANIC ZUCCHINI UNATTENDED INSTEAD OF GOING TO VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL.
Your Mommy called. It's time for you to go upstairs to eat sup sup.

Originally posted by DieHard4Clemson:
And somehow these threads about "religion" don't get removed.
Laughing at Perry Noble is the one thing that brings together atheists and the religious. We can all appreciate how absolutely insane it is to be apart of newspring...
Yes, the "religious" probably are in with the atheists. One group believes only in themselves, the other thinks that their salvation depends at least partially on their own works.

Jesus despised religion.

It's not about being good or being formal and respectful. It's about loving Jesus and accepting His grace and His righteousness as our own. Jesus didn't come to make bad men good (as the religious think); he came to make the dead men live.

When you believe right, you'll live right.

There is no Taint Paint thread worthy of anything..........other than a little comic relief.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT