ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Listing job in today's climate

shortbus22

Woodrush
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
Simpsonville, SC
I need help.

I need an office administrator type for my industrial sales company. They would do a little bit of everything, from answering phones to invoicing and paying bills, with a little bit of sales and customer service in between.

Here is my issue... the temp agencies and headhunters we know suck. They are giving us awful prospects. And we are a small company, so I can't spend hours upon hours skimming through resumes myself either.

In the old days, I'd have run an ad in the classifieds of the local paper. Not even kidding.

How do I get this job in front of people that are dependable and looking for a new challenge. If they don't have a job currently, I automatically assume they aren't good workers. But if they are still looking while they have a job, they aren't the loyal type employee I want either.

I think my target audience is someone who is a good worker, but fed up with their current situation, that is looking for a new gig and likes the small company environment. We only have 10 employees currently, including us (two co-owners).

Anybody offer any advice?

Reactions: Tiger Guru
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News