ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Masters Par 3 Contest

JagermeisterTiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2006
Maybe I’m the only one that thinks this or maybe I’m the only one that’s a big enough jerk to say it, but the par 3 contest has become unbearable to watch.

What used to be kind of a fun and lighthearted moment before things got real serious the day before the tournament started, has now become a cheesy and annoying fiasco where players kids and girlfriends come out in a free-for-all photo- op. I’m sure the players love it and if I was playing in the masters, I would have my nine-year-old out there hitting putts too most likely. What I’m saying is what used to be an actual, but not so serious tournament where retired players like Byron Nelson and Gene Sarazen would still compete, has now become kind of a mockery.

As a person with younger kids, I know that nobody thinks your kids are cuter than you do. In other words, I love my kids, and I love being a father, but watching a “golf tournament“ with toddlers running around at a major championship does not appeal to me. I just don’t think it’s that cute.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get this off my chest in some type of public forum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News