ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mental health tips and tricks

Captainclemson

The Milwaukee Deep
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
McAdenville, NC
Hey guys. This will be quite the departure from my normal post on here.

To preface this, I’m 23 years old. I just started dental school 2 weeks ago.

I am teetering on a precipice here. I have always strangled with anxiety, depression, etc. It comes in waves. I’ll be okay for a few months, then I will get into a funk and unable to remove myself. Then the cycle will repeat itself. But I’ve never experienced anything like this. I’m not sure what exactly triggered my current circumstances. I think it’s a combination of things: Long distance from my girlfriend, new environment, tough curriculum. I had Covid last week and was really sick. I missed a whole week of class, and I feel extremely behind, and bad at everything (particularly the hand skills part)

all of that to say I am not in a good place at the moment. This is probably the most miserable that I have ever been. I’m coming to the board not as a cry for attention, but I need tips and tricks on little things to do to boost my mental health. As of now I can’t sleep. I can’t eat. It’s eating at me. I have a virtual doctors appointment on Thursday to discuss anxiety medication.

what do you guys do to get yourself out of a rut? What do you do when you can’t sleep? Or to make yourself stay asleep?

Again, this is not a cry for attention. I am in need of guidance. Thank you all, and I hope that you have great days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News