ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NYC Recs

tigsontop2016

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Wife and I are going to NYC this weekend. Staying in Times square. any recommendations for food and activities are greatly appreciated!

We used the app CityMapper to get around. It tells you which subway to take and walking directions. Helps so much.

We flew into LaGuardia and took a car. There is an app called Juno which is basically the same as Uber but when you sign up you get 30% off for two weeks. So we used that to get to the city. But going home it was more expensive than Lyft, so I would just check all 3. (Uber)

Reactions: tigsontop2016
giphy.gif

We used the app CityMapper to get around. It tells you which subway to take and walking directions. Helps so much.

We flew into LaGuardia and took a car. There is an app called Juno which is basically the same as Uber but when you sign up you get 30% off for two weeks. So we used that to get to the city. But going home it was more expensive than Lyft, so I would just check all 3. (Uber)
Thanks!

Wife and I are going to NYC this weekend. Staying in Times square. any recommendations for food and activities are greatly appreciated!

Check out the vessel it’s part of the Hudson yards development.

Walk the high line.

Avoid Times Square.

You might like governors island. $2 ferry ride and a cool place to explore.

Reactions: tigsontop2016
First recommendation, don’t stay in Times Square...

Not my first choice trust me. I have a work conference at the hotel and the room was paid for.
I hear you. In terms of recommendations, what are you looking for/what do you like to do, eat, what interests you? Have you been here before?

I hear you. In terms of recommendations, what are you looking for/what do you like to do, eat, what interests you? Have you been here before?

I have been there a couple of times but this is my wife's second time. We did times square, empire state building, and high line last year. Definitely going to do central park.

We just enjoy doing new things and going to new restaurants so was curious to hear peoples favorites.

Angel's Share is a very good cocktail bar that (in my mind) is worth the expense. The best food that my wife and I had when we were there was cheap (we didn't go for any expensive meals, though). The Steak Freaks food truck was excellent, for example.

Angel's Share is a very good cocktail bar that (in my mind) is worth the expense. The best food that my wife and I had when we were there was cheap (we didn't go for any expensive meals, though). The Steak Freaks food truck was excellent, for example.
Awesome, thank you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT