ADVERTISEMENT

OT: This thread changed my life: CPAP and Sleep Apnea

PAWrocka

Woodrush
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2008
Peoples Republic of Maryland
I had snored for years, much to the dismay of my wife, but one night I woke up gasping for air and it really scared me (of course). The next day, I was killing time on TI and came across this thread

https://clemson.forums.rivals.com/threads/sleep-study.192153/

After seeing so many of you sing the praises of a sleep study and a CPAP machine, I decided to have a sleep study done. It was a 2 night in home study that was easy to hook up and complete. The results came back that I had a mild case of sleep apnea. Each night I stopped breathing approximately 20 times.

I was prescribed a resMed auto CPAP which I have been using every night for the last month ... and folks ... it has changed my life. Before, I would need at least 2 (sometimes 3) XL coffee's to make it through the day (my morning coffee would include 2 espresso shots) and I was still exhausted when I got home from work. I would often take a power nap when I got home before dinner.

Now ... I have a cup of black coffee in the morning (primarily out of habit) and have enough energy for the entire day. I wake up earlier, feel refreshed and I havent been so grouchy in the evenings .....

So I wanted to post this thread to thank everyone who contributed to the original thread and say to others .... if you think you may have a sleep apnea issue, but are on the fence about a CPAP machine or getting a sleep study .... DO IT!!!!!!! It will change your life ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News