ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Update on Son's Surgery

kgwillison

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2010
Washington, DC
For starters, I can't sufficiently express my appreciation for the willingness - the eagerness, even - of TI members and their family members to pray for my son and his doctors today. I am deeply indebted to all and your generosity of spirit will not be forgotten.

It was a long day. Not so much for me, but certainly for my son.

Surgery prep began around 7 a.m. and surgery began around 9:15. We expected it to last till about noon but, instead, it continued to roughly 3 p.m. It was more complicated than hoped (but not necessarily more complicated than expected). Two previous surgeries 19 years ago left scar tissue which made it difficult to attain direct access to part of the brain. Bleeding was more extensive than expected although the surgeon wasn't particularly concerned or feigned a lack of concern. But my son's blood pressure was really low upon entering the ICU post surgery and we expect he will need additional transfusions to bring it back up to where it needs to be. He was likely to have a CT scan later tonight to make sure there is no additional bleeding.

In short, keep those prayers going, if you can spare a few.

We are blessed to have the skills of incredible physicians at Johns Hopkins. So lucky that it is an hour or so away from home. But I am just as fortunate to have the TI team in my son's corner, too. Bless you all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News