ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Weed help

Tiger Artillery 12

Gold Member
Aug 4, 2017
Talking about lawns people...I have a mostly Bermuda grass lawn and this year I have gotten behind on it with 2 little ones under 2. Weeds are growing all over the place. What is the best weed and feed to use right now? Is granular the best way to go? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Weed & feed is junk, waste of your money. Its barely effective.

You need to determine what weeds are present, then spray them with the right chemical.

If you havent put pre-emergent out, then that should be your first thing to do. A few bags of Barricade (Prodiamine) or Dimension.

Reactions: Tiger Artillery 12
Weed & feed is junk, waste of your money. Its barely effective.

You need to determine what weeds are present, then spray them with the right chemical.

If you havent put pre-emergent out, then that should be your first thing to do. A few bags of Barricade (Prodiamine) or Dimension.

Much appreciated.

Talking about lawns people...I have a mostly Bermuda grass lawn and this year I have gotten behind on it with 2 little ones under 2. Weeds are growing all over the place. What is the best weed and feed to use right now? Is granular the best way to go? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Most of the weeds you’re seeing will die out as soon as it gets warmer, the problem then will be summer weeds since no pre emergent was put out in early February. It won’t hurt to put out pre emergent now but you’ll be doing a high nitrogen/pre/post emergent in mid May to kill weeds you missed and to protect against more weeds. I always dig up the bigger weeds and spray some smaller ones with Image or Tremec. Read the labels for specific weeds. Lots of chemicals out there but you can buy these two at Tractor supply or similar store.

Reactions: Tiger Artillery 12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT