ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Who is/are the "Fake Media"?

clemsonu0219

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2007
One thing I'm exceptionally curious about is how much "Fake Media" is discussed. It would seem to me that if the media was "fake", it wouldn't really be worth discussing?

Reactions: CMTiger15
1622954_FGF.png

Plenty of Fake News along with Noise Networks

Screaming out loud incorrect information and failing to do due diligence is the problem

The main networks I actually turn to and watch when I want to be doing the guilty pleasure thing as the

I think I am watching CCTV of an INSANE ASYLUM LOL

SCREAMING AND LYING OF MANY OF THE NETWORKS IS SHOCKING

Have you read their predictions and recruiting analysis

I see your point here...

However the answer to your specific question is No.

Which would then bring me back to the OP...it (FGF) is essentially "Fake"...which means I wouldn't ever pay any attention to what they do.

Plenty of Fake News along with Noise Networks

Screaming out loud incorrect information and failing to do due diligence is the problem

The main networks I actually turn to and watch when I want to be doing the guilty pleasure thing as the

I think I am watching CCTV of an INSANE ASYLUM LOL

SCREAMING AND LYING OF MANY OF THE NETWORKS IS SHOCKING

giphy.gif

"Fake News" is the new "Echo Chamber". Its a subjective term that is correlated to political leanings. PEW has probably done the most work on its demography and impact, but there is a Stanford study that categorized the spread of news stories that were actually fake and tried to gage their impact.

One thing I'm exceptionally curious about is how much "Fake Media" is discussed. It would seem to me that if the media was "fake", it wouldn't really be worth discussing?
You must not be on Facebook. There you will find the "fake media" in droves. Most of it seems to come from conservative bloggers. They will say almost anything to get a click on their blog,- true or not. And many conservatives read this stuff, and off it goes into the net. They never bother to check to see if it is true because it agrees with what they already think anyway. There are liberal bloggers who do the same thing, but the ratio must be 100 to 1. I do not believe that major media outlets, TV, newspapers, major magazines, etc, are "fake." Some may be slanted though.

You must not be on Facebook. There you will find the "fake media" in droves. Most of it seems to come from conservative bloggers. They will say almost anything to get a click on their blog,- true or not. And many conservatives read this stuff, and off it goes into the net. They never bother to check to see if it is true because it agrees with what they already think anyway. There are liberal bloggers who do the same thing, but the ratio must be 100 to 1. I do not believe that major media outlets, TV, newspapers, major magazines, etc, are "fake." Some may be slanted though.

No. I'm not on Facebook. Am I missing out on this extravaganza of pejorative linguistic rhetoric?

You must not be on Facebook. There you will find the "fake media" in droves. Most of it seems to come from Liberal bloggers. They will say almost anything to get a click on their blog,- true or not. And many Liberals read this stuff, and off it goes into the net. They never bother to check to see if it is true because it agrees with what they already think anyway. The liberal bloggers are way more guilty of this, but the conservative side is occasionally guilty as well. Most of what all liberals call major media outlets, TV, newspapers, major magazines, etc, are guilty of "fake news". Some may be slanted though.

FIFY ^^^

CNN, NYTimes, Washington Post, MSNBC, are some of the worst offenders.

Seriously though, you can generally read an article and the title is just an opinion, normally created with clear bias, or interpretation of the facts. We all need to read for the real facts, not supposition.

N---

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
FIFY ^^^

Seriously though, you can generally read an article and the title is just an opinion, normally created with clear bias, or interpretation of the facts. We all need to read for the real facts, not supposition.

N---

Which one do you think is worse?

"Liberal"

Or

"Serial Killer"?

This is just the same ploy Trump has utilized all his life. Say something enough, the public will believe it. Doesn't matter if it's true or not.

I believe what you said but I'm not sure why.

CNN headline the other day..."Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream, everyone else 1"

I shit you not
That was not a breaking news "headline". It was a banner recap. As they are interviewing people for anything, they post small recap snipets of what is being said by the interviewee in the banner as the interview progresses.

A group of press were allowed back in the private dining room and they were talking about what they saw. Time Magazine had a very detailed and very interesting recap. They were just discussing the scene.

I imagine the people making it into something that it wasn't, pulled that banner quote and the narrative off of Facebook or some alt right blog as if CNN was blasting the President for having 2 scoops of ice cream. Not so.

During the interview I saw, the CNN reporter said, "Trump is the President of the USA and if he wants 2 scoops he is entitled to two scoops". It was just a light hearted discussion. No big deal was made about it. They were just providing a behind the scene glimpse into the life of the President. It was just an observation from the Time Magazine reporter that wrote the story.

This is an example of how a false narrative gets generated.

FIFY ^^^

N---
You forgot the biggest and most slanted offender FOX News.

That was not a breaking news "headline". It was a banner recap. As they are interviewing people for anything, they post small recap snipets of what is being said by the interviewee in the banner as the interview progresses.

A group of press were allowed back in the private dining room and they were talking about what they saw. Time Magazine had a very detailed and very interesting recap. They were just discussing the scene.

I imagine the people making it into something that it wasn't, pulled that banner quote and the narrative off of Facebook or some alt right blog as if CNN was blasting the President for having 2 scoops of ice cream. Not so.

During the interview I saw, the CNN reporter said that Trump is the President of the USA and if he wants 2 scoops he is entitled to two scoops. No big deal was made about it. They were just providing a behind the scene glimpse into the President and not being critical. It was just an observation from the Time Magazine reporter that wrote the story.

Next time, tag me. You should know how since you're a mod. There article is still up if you'd like to read it:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/trump-time-magazine-ice-cream/

Btw, like I've said on here before, I voted for Johnson so please don't stereotype me into a role because I think CNN is as full of shit as FoxNews is.

During the interview I saw, the CNN reporter said that Trump is the President of the USA and if he wants 2 scoops he is entitled to two scoops. No big deal was made about it. They were just providing a behind the scene glimpse into the President and not being critical. It was just an observation from the Time Magazine reporter that wrote the story.

That may be what happens when you offer ridiculous takes and opinions constantly blasting one side of the aisle and seemingly make it your goals and ambition to get a President fairly elected impeached.

Reactions: clemsonu0219
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT