ADVERTISEMENT

OT - young kids / travel fun

financeNfootball

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Calling veteran parents - at what age do you start finding it worthwhile/fulfilling to take kids on weekend adventures?

I have a 3 1/2 and 2 year old. We are chomping at the bit to start taking them places and experience new stuff, but every time we try something out of town - we seem to fall on our face. We went to Turks and Caicos with extended family in January, and while it was fun (mostly), the kids got zero out of it. They're just too young to do much - and sticking to the local pool and kids museum remains the smart choice right now. That said, I can't wait to start planning some fun stuff for/with them (i.e. may be corny, but renting a cabin at the Yogi Bear campground for the weekend is on my list soon).

How much longer before we can actually start "making memories" vs. it just being a big chore with no reward for anyone involved? I don't mind putting in some work / footing the bill for my kids to get excited - but it really pisses me off when I do a lot of both and they don't seem to get any more enjoyment than a typical wagon ride around the neighborhood. Opinions on how much longer before that start changes some?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News