ADVERTISEMENT

Our country

Willence

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2003
Not sure if this is fully recognized yet in all corners but we've entered a very dangerous time in our nation's history. It is my prayer that everyone on all sides will take a moment to consider the steps we are taking now as there is very little discussion and debate and a whole lot of forcing in a desired direction.

Our freedom to speak is under grave threat. When that goes, everything else does as well. I join with those who want to see better race relations in our nation. I join with those who desire to have relations between the black community and our police improved and the instances of senseless violence between the two parties come to a permanent end. But it would seem that is not enough and that is where the danger lies.

The goal for our nation has always been freedom. The people for whom that freedom has applied has been something we have struggled mightily with. But thankfully, our founding documents recognized that short-coming and enabled us to go about trying to form a more perfect union. It hasn't always been easy and it's come with its fair share of failure but nevertheless it has progressed.

Hopefully cooler heads will eventually prevail and we can get back to work through our problems with respect and understand that there's more than one acceptable viewpoint. If we don't do that, we risk a course that is unthinkable and horrible. I'm really worried about what I see. If you're a person of good heart that wants to see us come together rather than be torn asunder, I hope that you will start with treating each other with respect and acceptance that we all have differing views.

Take one read of the news and you'll see that viewpoint is sorely needed in the world at large. This country is having a nervous breakdown right now. God help us as we try to get through it in one piece. It used to be hyperbolic to go to that extreme but I fear it isn't anymore. Not with what we see taking place.

The problem is the left has no cooler head to use. They are relentless in pursuit of their goals and to hell with anyone and everyone including the freedoms of this country if they stand in the way. It's an all out onslaught and the Russians and Chinese are playing a huge part as well. I don't see how it can end well for most of us. Life as we used to know it is on its last breaths.

I would also add that failing to listen and immediately blaming the other side has become the popular mode of operation for all. We cannot internalize that maybe our views are not the only views and that we could be wrong in some of those views.

i think we come out stronger.

moderate republicans have always distanced themselves from the far right.

moderate democrats have aligned with liberals since the 60s.

i think moderate democrats are starting to see that they need to shift away from the democratic party.

We cannot internalize that maybe our views are not the only views and that we could be wrong in some of those views.

I think this is a very fair statement. And I think it goes for all sides of this current issue.

Consider this, you can lose your livelihood for walking down the street and saying that you love our country, believe we should respect our flag as a symbol of our nation and that you believe every single life is sacred and matters. That statement can cause you to come under siege. That should tell us all how horrifically wrong our course is and how dangerous things are right now.

The problem is deeper.

The Founding Fathers often espoused and discussed that Freedom to do what one desires will fail without a moral compass.

i.e., If you CAN do whatever you choose, then where does the decency to NOT do some things or do them differently come from?

They were more clear than I'm being.

Many felt that Freedom without Religion to guide it, Biblical mores if you will, would eventually fail.

The 10 Commandments have long been taboo.
How much longer will our money state a position?
Will the Pledge of Allegiance be modified soon, or just thrown out?

There's a trend and a pattern in play.

Reactions: CUTiger1977
cant remember who said it but i found it interesting-

If you were not born yet but had all-knowing knowledge of every time period in human history and country-by-country chance for success based on freedoms, limitations, laws, etc - where would you choose to be born/live and when would you choose to be born there?

The resounding where answer is The United States of America.
The resounding time answer is now/current.

We are far from perfect, but the unalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness remain superior to all other nations. Doesn't mean there aren't challenges, but it is not nearly as horrific as the main stream media would like you to believe. Most people have no clue how bad it is in other areas of the world compared to here.

Smile everyday you wake up in this country.

330px-United_States_Declaration_of_Independence.jpg

i think we come out stronger.

moderate republicans have always distanced themselves from the far right.

moderate democrats have aligned with liberals since the 60s.

i think moderate democrats are starting to see that they need to shift away from the democratic party.

I think moderates on both sides have distanced themselves from the far left and far right. However, they havent been vocal about it so now the extremes are the ones doing most of the talking (and doing it very loudly). The moderates also arent usually as motivated because they dont have some "big" issue that drives them.

Our 2 party system forces candidates to move to their positions farther to the left or right than they really are to get the extremists on board. Biden is facing that right now as he has to move further left to get the Sanders/Warren faction engaged.

The extremists on both sides scare me to death. There is no discussion and negotiating involved, its their way or no way.

Reactions: DI Tiger
cant remember who said it but i found it interesting-

If you were not born yet but had all-knowing knowledge of every time period in human history and country-by-country chance for success based on freedoms, limitations, laws, etc - where would you choose to be born/live and when would you choose to be born there?

The resounding where answer is The United States of America.
The resounding time answer is now/current.
I don’t know if he said it first, but Warren Buffet says this often.

Reactions: Jangalang1
Here is a good article on how the media is censoring reporters with different opinions.

This is quite obviously nonsense: Cotton's words placed no one in imminent danger. Sadly, it's becoming distressingly common for progressive employees who wish to silence a dissident view to cite workplace safety as a pretext. To take just one example, this was how conservative writer Kevin Williamson got fired from The Atlantic.

This is a disturbing trend that ought to concern everyone—liberals included. It's an insult to actual workplace safety issues, for one thing. For another, it makes the office a dangerous place to express a potentially unpopular opinion. Journalistic institutions shouldn't live in fear of difficult conversations, or of provoking offense. But the necessary consequence of this new regime of safetyism will be everybody walking on eggshells.

My book Panic Attack contains countless other examples of woke young people weaponizing ever-expanding definitions of safety against people who disagree with them. In the book's closing pages, I observed that they'd been able to "hijack existing, well-intentioned harassment law in order to make campuses more repressive places. It's not impossible to imagine the same thing happening in the work place." Not impossible at all: It's happening before our very eyes.

full article: https://reason.com/2020/06/08/james-bennet-new-york-times-opinion-woke-tom-cotton/

I think moderates on both sides have distanced themselves from the far left and far right. However, they havent been vocal about it so now the extremes are the ones doing most of the talking (and doing it very loudly). The moderates also arent usually as motivated because they dont have some "big" issue that drives them.

Our 2 party system forces candidates to move to their positions farther to the left or right than they really are to get the extremists on board. Biden is facing that right now as he has to move further left to get the Sanders/Warren faction engaged.

The extremists on both sides scare me to death. There is no discussion and negotiating involved, its their way or no way.

I think it's a lot deeper than that. Our younger generation is engaged politically and they have no tolerance for opposing thought. It's their way or the highway. It's very scary.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Not sure if this is fully recognized yet in all corners but we've entered a very dangerous time in our nation's history. It is my prayer that everyone on all sides will take a moment to consider the steps we are taking now as there is very little discussion and debate and a whole lot of forcing in a desired direction.

Our freedom to speak is under grave threat. When that goes, everything else does as well. I join with those who want to see better race relations in our nation. I join with those who desire to have relations between the black community and our police improved and the instances of senseless violence between the two parties come to a permanent end. But it would seem that is not enough and that is where the danger lies.

The goal for our nation has always been freedom. The people for whom that freedom has applied has been something we have struggled mightily with. But thankfully, our founding documents recognized that short-coming and enabled us to go about trying to form a more perfect union. It hasn't always been easy and it's come with its fair share of failure but nevertheless it has progressed.

Hopefully cooler heads will eventually prevail and we can get back to work through our problems with respect and understand that there's more than one acceptable viewpoint. If we don't do that, we risk a course that is unthinkable and horrible. I'm really worried about what I see. If you're a person of good heart that wants to see us come together rather than be torn asunder, I hope that you will start with treating each other with respect and acceptance that we all have differing views.

Take one read of the news and you'll see that viewpoint is sorely needed in the world at large. This country is having a nervous breakdown right now. God help us as we try to get through it in one piece. It used to be hyperbolic to go to that extreme but I fear it isn't anymore. Not with what we see taking place.

Problem is, we are now down to core values, not whether we should spend money on this and that. Liberals and their groups want to take away my right to worship as I please. They want to set what is taught in schools even if it violates my moral values. It’s not math and English anymore, it is LGBT behavior and letting transvestites read to kindergarten kids. Liberals have said it. Obama wanted to transform America. That was the point of no return.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I would also add that failing to listen and immediately blaming the other side has become the popular mode of operation for all. We cannot internalize that maybe our views are not the only views and that we could be wrong in some of those views.

This. Everyone needs to do a lot more listening and a lot less talking right now.

The problem is the left has no cooler head to use. They are relentless in pursuit of their goals and to hell with anyone and everyone including the freedoms of this country if they stand in the way. It's an all out onslaught and the Russians and Chinese are playing a huge part as well. I don't see how it can end well for most of us. Life as we used to know it is on its last breaths.
Trump used military to clear a peaceful protest so he could take a photo with a Bible.
Do you really think that's a cool headed approach?

Reactions: mskoonce
Trump used military to clear a peaceful protest so he could take a photo with a Bible.

You do realize that's not necessarily as clear-cut a reality as you want to make it out to me? It was a bad choice whether or not that protest was peaceful is entirely up for question.

This. Everyone needs to do a lot more listening and a lot less talking right now.

Okay! Who do I listen to? I have spent a lot of my life studying this subject and understanding it from all points of view. I'm always up for learning something new so please let me know who I need to listen to. To be clear I am interested in solutions to the problem and how we can forge forward as one nation. Anything else is a waste of time.

I think it's a lot deeper than that. Our younger generation is engaged politically and they have no tolerance for opposing thought. It's their way or the highway. It's very scary.

I agree with you here, but I also have many older and extremely conservative friends/business colleagues that are just as rigid with their opinions.

I agree with you here, but I also have many older and extremely conservative friends/business colleagues that are just as rigid with their opinions.

I know many like that. The difference is they won't shame you out of existence if your opinion differs from theirs. They may not even listen to you or consider your viewpoint but they won't deny your right to have a different opinion. They'll just say you are wrong. Big difference there but I do understand your point.

Those same protestors burned a church. White bigots did that to scare African Americans in the south. Nothing worse. He did it to show America and Christianity would not be intimidated by criminals wanting to destroy this country. More power to him.

Those same protestors burned a church. White bigots did that to scare African Americans in the south. Nothing worse. He did it to show America and Christianity would not be intimidated by criminals wanting to destroy this country. More power to him.
Main problem with Trump and you is conflating a rioter who uses the protest as an opportunity to destroy. You have no clue if the same person or people who lit that fire were in the crowd 48 hours later. What has the government with nuclear launch codes have to be afraid of? He did it for a photo.

You nor he recognizes the point of the protest and are focused on the damage of buildings. I hate the destruction but the absolute dismissal and violent response from the government is not cool headed.

No ones worried about Christianity. Yall are just worried about maintaining your status quos.

We are living in possibly the most crucial period in this great nations history. Literally another fight for freedom from the so called deep state that has had control of this country for a long time. Communists are real and are fomenting this aspired revolution as part of the master plan. They want to destroy this country as its been in order to rebuild it to be in line with what China is. As a citizen, I have often wondered why politicians enter into stupid treaties like nafta and the trade deal fiascos with China. These people are not stupid, so I can only assume they are doing it willfully. Hurting America............but for what reason?

Trump is the first President in a long time thats an outsider and not part of the agenda and that is why he has been attacked in a relentless way never seen before. Trump has had to fight deep state operatives since before he was sworn in and its still going on today. He has now put in a lot of non deep state operatives in crucial positions and can end this infestation if he wins another term and thats why they attack him as obviously seen on a daily basis. These protests and riots are just another crisis created by the deep state. The good people that care about fairness and goodness can be manipulated by our emotions to act in earnest nature and then the controlled rioters take advantage to create this carnage. People of all races get murdered daily and in not good ways and yet the media picks certain ones to air and discuss to manipulate the masses. Facts do not matter, only emotions and the mob seemingly. There is still a silent majority in America and I firmly believe that and we are still one nation under God and in his blessings. The loud mob will not run this country.

Between now and the election, it is guaranteed to be one contrived disaster after another and thats sad. All Americans will need to be involved in our electoral processes and take the time to know whats happening rather than what the media mob tells us to believe. Its going to be biblical.

Main problem with Trump and you is conflating a rioter who uses the protest as an opportunity to destroy. You have no clue if the same person or people who lit that fire were in the crowd 48 hours later. What has the government with nuclear launch codes have to be afraid of? He did it for a photo.

You nor he recognizes the point of the protest and are focused on the damage of buildings. I hate the destruction but the absolute dismissal and violent response from the government is not cool headed.

No ones worried about Christianity. Yall are just worried about maintaining your status quos.

Sure they were. Arsonists love to to come back and watch their work. Cheering was heard clearly. These are cowards. Great in a crowd but no where to be found on their own. If they are really looking for a fight, sooner or they are going to get one. Fundamental change is not an option.

Sure they were. Arsonists love to to come back and watch their work. Cheering was heard clearly. These are cowards. Great in a crowd but no where to be found on their own. If they are really looking for a fight, sooner or they are going to get one. Fundamental change is not an option.
Wut? Ok theres a lot of bias and ignorance in your post but this seals it. You hate. We get it.

I hate huh? Typical response. And I vote.
I don't understand why people hate black people so much that they have to take to the streets to have their issues even noticed and when they do that you all complain and whine and dismiss their issues because a few people loot and riot. You hate people we get it.

I don't understand why people hate black people so much that they have to take to the streets to have their issues even noticed and when they do that you all complain and whine and dismiss their issues because a few people loot and riot. You hate people we get it.

Don’t hate anyone. Hate burning and looting in black communities because of who it hurts. Maybe it’s you who is the hater and you need to show a little more love and compassion to your fellow citizens who may not agree with you. I think your TI handle says a lot.

Don’t hate anyone. Hate burning and looting in black communities because of who it hurts. Maybe it’s you who is the hater and you need to show a little more love and compassion to your fellow citizens who may not agree with you. I think your TI handle says a lot.
You have done nothing nor will do nothing to attempt to help those who are protesting legitimately in the streets. You are content to sit back and snipe them based on teh actions of a few while never even considering the problems. Please, consider your fellow American and actually think about what is being said instead of repeating and thinking only what those who want you to only focus on the looting want you to think about. How would YOU solve the problem of systemic racism in the US?

You have done nothing nor will do nothing to attempt to help those who are protesting legitimately in the streets. You are content to sit back and snipe them based on teh actions of a few while never even considering the problems. Please, consider your fellow American and actually think about what is being said instead of repeating and thinking only what those who want you to only focus on the looting want you to think about. How would YOU solve the problem of systemic racism in the US?

There are racists but no systematic racism. If so, as in the past college football would still be all white. Now black athletes get many more advantages than white student if they can play football.

There are racists but no systematic racism. If so, as in the past college football would still be all white. Now black athletes get many more advantages than white student if they can play football.
Have you, or will you fly the stars and bars and how do you think that reflects on you and black people? Do you have a problem with black people protesting white cops killing them?

Have you, or will you fly the stars and bars and how do you think that reflects on you and black people? Do you have a problem with black people protesting white cops killing them?

Avoided my question like all Libs. Just more insults and hate. What is the stars and bars?

We no longer elect the best and brightest. Judges are no longer appointed on intellect and their understanding of the rule of law. It will be interesting to watch it unfold.

Reactions: tigergrad03
We’re

in the process of a NWO Socialist takeover! Antifa & Black Lives Matters are funded by George Soros, a Committee of 300 Member in the NWO! Research 21 Goals of the NWO! This is what is happening

Sad part is it will be destroyed from the inside out unless the majority of Americans regain their guts.
The 19th Goal of the NWO is to “Infiltrate ALL Governments & work from within them to destroy the sovereign integrity of the nations represented by them!”

Reactions: tigergrad03
We are living in possibly the most crucial period in this great nations history. Literally another fight for freedom from the so called deep state that has had control of this country for a long time. Communists are real and are fomenting this aspired revolution as part of the master plan. They want to destroy this country as its been in order to rebuild it to be in line with what China is. As a citizen, I have often wondered why politicians enter into stupid treaties like nafta and the trade deal fiascos with China. These people are not stupid, so I can only assume they are doing it willfully. Hurting America............but for what reason?

Trump is the first President in a long time thats an outsider and not part of the agenda and that is why he has been attacked in a relentless way never seen before. Trump has had to fight deep state operatives since before he was sworn in and its still going on today. He has now put in a lot of non deep state operatives in crucial positions and can end this infestation if he wins another term and thats why they attack him as obviously seen on a daily basis. These protests and riots are just another crisis created by the deep state. The good people that care about fairness and goodness can be manipulated by our emotions to act in earnest nature and then the controlled rioters take advantage to create this carnage. People of all races get murdered daily and in not good ways and yet the media picks certain ones to air and discuss to manipulate the masses. Facts do not matter, only emotions and the mob seemingly. There is still a silent majority in America and I firmly believe that and we are still one nation under God and in his blessings. The loud mob will not run this country.

Between now and the election, it is guaranteed to be one contrived disaster after another and thats sad. All Americans will need to be involved in our electoral processes and take the time to know whats happening rather than what the media mob tells us to believe. Its going to be biblical.
You are spot on, Brother!

The problem is deeper.

The Founding Fathers often espoused and discussed that Freedom to do what one desires will fail without a moral compass.

i.e., If you CAN do whatever you choose, then where does the decency to NOT do some things or do them differently come from?

They were more clear than I'm being.

Many felt that Freedom without Religion to guide it, Biblical mores if you will, would eventually fail.

The 10 Commandments have long been taboo.
How much longer will our money state a position?
Will the Pledge of Allegiance be modified soon, or just thrown out?

There's a trend and a pattern in play.

All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. You’re all over it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT