ADVERTISEMENT

Policy Discussion - Trump and Inflation

Are trying to be obtuse? It's just not worth discussing if you aren't trying to actually be serious. You realize that you aren't part of a team right? Did you somehow get sent a MAGA jersey and a schedule?
Are you suggesting Biden didn't want to pass a larger spending bill that was thwarted by Manchin?

Reactions: TigerGrowls
This is your problem. You are very passionate about immigration, but you don't even have a rudimentary understanding of how it works.

The majority of undocumented immigrants that are here came here legally. Under our current laws, enacted by Ronald Reagan, they can come here, to the border, and request asylum. Because our system is so broken, it can take years for that asylum hearing to happen, so they are often released into the US and given temporary work status. This is how the laws are written. These are facts, and they are not debatable.

They absolutely keep our costs down, by doing jobs Americans don't want to do. Have you ever been in a chicken processing plant? I have. It ****ing sucks,

Just look at history. In GA in 2011, they passed a strict anti immigrant law, and at the last minute, they removed a part that would force private companies in the state to verify the immigration status of new hires. In Florida last year... the magas passed a draconian bill preventing the hiring of undocumented immigrants. They were caught on camera telling angry constituents that they did not plan on enforcing the laws, it was just for political purposes.

See? They know how terrible it would be if the undocumented immigrants all of a sudden could not do the jobs we need them to do. They are just passing these laws to get dipshits all excited.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But if they can immediately fill these jobs and earn money, why on earth is the government subsidizing them with housing, food, stipends, etc? The incentive to come to the US illegally (or through BS asylum claims) should be the opportunity to work in a chicken factory or farm, not get free shit from the American taxpayer.

The supply chain is running full steam ahead, yet this last CPI report the price of eggs rose 4.6% annual basis. I use eggs because @nytigerfan said all these illegals are working in chicken plants because Americans wont.

High immigration, higher food prices. His argument is not holding water.
If you weren't so hell-bent on being a dishonest troll, you could easily find out why.

Why are eggs so expensive?

"Eggs are so expensive because of a widespread outbreak of H5N1, a highly transmissible and fatal strain of avian influenza, or bird flu. The outbreak started in early 2022 and has grown into the largest bird flu outbreak in U.S. history.

The outbreak reduced the egg supply, while demand remained consistent, leading to higher prices.

Prices eased as the number of bird flu cases declined in 2023, with no infections reported from May through September.

The relief was relatively short-lived, though. Egg producers reported a resurgence of the virus starting in November 2023. The latest outbreak has claimed 13.64 million egg-laying hens so far, according to the USDA’s Livestock, Dairy and Poultry Outlook report released in February.

As a result, prices started to rise again at the end of 2023. The USDA expects prices to continue climbing in 2024."

If you weren't so hell-bent on being a dishonest troll, you could easily find out why.

Why are eggs so expensive?

"Eggs are so expensive because of a widespread outbreak of H5N1, a highly transmissible and fatal strain of avian influenza, or bird flu. The outbreak started in early 2022 and has grown into the largest bird flu outbreak in U.S. history.

The outbreak reduced the egg supply, while demand remained consistent, leading to higher prices.

Prices eased as the number of bird flu cases declined in 2023, with no infections reported from May through September.

The relief was relatively short-lived, though. Egg producers reported a resurgence of the virus starting in November 2023. The latest outbreak has claimed 13.64 million egg-laying hens so far, according to the USDA’s Livestock, Dairy and Poultry Outlook report released in February.

As a result, prices started to rise again at the end of 2023. The USDA expects prices to continue climbing in 2024."

OK - there was nothing dishonest. I got the data off the BLS.gov website. Sorry if you don't like the data.

If you want to check other categories we are still inflating at higher than a2.5% yoy rate (and thats an official statistic from the BLS. Everyone who goes to the grocery store knows its really a much higher rate).

So why if we have high immigration and that supposedly helps lower food prices ... why do we have high food inflation? His argument is full of shit.

To @scotchtiger 's point, shouldn't these people be working to lower our food prices? Instead they are mad they aren't getting put up in a free luxury hotel. Maybe all the wise lefites can explain exactly how this lowers food prices? Are there chicken processing plants in NYC, @nytigerfan ?

Last edited:
The supply chain is running full steam ahead, yet this last CPI report the price of eggs rose 4.6% annual basis. I use eggs because @nytigerfan said all these illegals are working in chicken plants because Americans wont.

High immigration, higher food prices. His argument is not holding water.

The corporations who own the egg processing plants are keeping their prices high, as capitalism dictates they do. They are the same people who, if forces to hire citizens and pay them higher wages, they will pass those costs on to you as well. Undocumented workers have ALWAYS worked in these plants, during trump, obama, bushes, etc.

They are not the ones affecting inflation.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. But if they can immediately fill these jobs and earn money, why on earth is the government subsidizing them with housing, food, stipends, etc? The incentive to come to the US illegally (or through BS asylum claims) should be the opportunity to work in a chicken factory or farm, not get free shit from the American taxpayer.

There are perhaps more undocumented immigrants here than there are jobs, I don't know. But the point remains, a mass deportation would be catastrophic.

If you want to deport all undocumented immigrants with criminal records, go for it. You won't find many, bc very few if any are granted temporary asylum.

I think undocumented people in this country need to be sent home. Yes. Go through the proper channels, and you’re welcome to become an American citizen. Temporary pain will pay dividends later. No one says that will be easy, but it’s an out of control situation, as of now.

I can understand placing tariffs on certain goods, no question. Again, the long view taken.

In regards to Trump shutting the country down… he did exactly what the majority of democrats wished he would. That was a large part of the plan. I’ve said this numerous times, and I’ll say it again, covid was a calculated, brilliant plan, which worked to perfection.

Now your turn… please do yourself a favor, and cease with the one sided political cinema. I sense you’re getting a bit of anxiety as the election draws closer. We both know it’s a toss up.

If you’d like to gain some respect, you could admit Biden is, and has been a disaster as President. I know you’ve seen me say it.. I wish Trump wasn’t running, and we had a mid ground conservative, without the drama. However, Trump is running, and I undoubtably align with his thinking/policies, far more than Biden’s. So that’s that.
I just wanted to comment on your first paragraph about undocumented people-- otherwise known as illegal ALIENS. I personally know of a person serving in our military with a family that lives in a foreign country. The children are US citizens because of his service to our country, but the spouse is not.

All the hoops have been jumped through, all the I's dotted, and all the T's crossed. Money has been spent on their part to make their spouse eligible to live here. This person had to get sponsored by another family member currently residing in the USA that they wouldn't be a burden on our society.

Yet, millions of people from countries all around this world are allowed to just walk across our border with no restraint whatsoever. Hell, this current administration promotes it, and gives them benefits that the American people pay for.

The SYSTEM is totally flawed. People that deserve it---pay money and wait your turn. People that don't---come on in buddy. We got your back.

I just wanted to comment on your first paragraph about undocumented people-- otherwise known as illegal ALIENS. I personally know of a person serving in our military with a family that lives in a foreign country. The children are US citizens because of his service to our country, but the spouse is not.

All the hoops have been jumped through, all the I's dotted, and all the T's crossed. Money has been spent on their part to make their spouse eligible to live here. This person had to get sponsored by another family member currently residing in the USA that they wouldn't be a burden on our society.

Yet, millions of people from countries all around this world are allowed to just walk across our border with no restraint whatsoever. Hell, this current administration promotes it, and gives them benefits that the American people pay for.

The SYSTEM is totally flawed. People that deserve it---pay money and wait your turn. People that don't---come on in buddy. We got your back.

So shouldn't the Congress pass new laws to update our immigration policies? Wonder why the Republicans haven't tried? Oh, that's right, Trump didn't want them to pass the bipartisan bill since it would quit being a way to piss off his sheep.

There are perhaps more undocumented immigrants here than there are jobs, I don't know. But the point remains, a mass deportation would be catastrophic.

If you want to deport all undocumented immigrants with criminal records, go for it. You won't find many, bc very few if any are granted temporary asylum.

So we should subsidize these undocumented immigrants who exceed the labor demand? That makes no sense.

I’m not for mass deportation, but there are better options than this. A simple, logical rule is that no undocumented person receives a penny from federal or state governments. If they can’t provide for themselves, they have to go.

Reactions: yoshi121374
So shouldn't the Congress pass new laws to update our immigration policies? Wonder why the Republicans haven't tried? Oh, that's right, Trump didn't want them to pass the bipartisan bill since it would quit being a way to piss off his sheep.
“Bipartisan” lol

Has there ever been a dem candidate you didn’t think was shitty?
No, not really. That being said, there were pubs that I didn't like either.

Bush 1 and 2 come to mind right away.

That's what people like yourself fail to understand.
What does Trump have to do with what is going on in congress right now? What position/power does he have? Last I heard your friends were trying to imprison him on anything and everything he has every done in his life. What does what he says have to do with anything?

What happened the two years when dems held the house, senate, and the WH? It didn't seem like they were worried about immigration policies then.

No, not really. That being said, there were pubs that I didn't like either.

Bush 1 and 2 come to mind right away.

That's what people like yourself fail to understand.

What does Trump have to do with what is going on in congress right now? What position/power does he have? Last I heard your friends were trying to imprison him on anything and everything he has every done in his life. What does what he says have to do with anything?

What happened the two years when dems held the house, senate, and the WH? It didn't seem like they were worried about immigration policies then.
You really need better sources

I support deportation. Otherwise we are just saying it’s ok to break our laws. We either have laws or we don’t.

So people who aren’t even citizens are rewarded, while we go after true citizens for far less.

Deport and remake our legal Immigration system better and faster.

There should be 0 reward for coming into our country illegally.

You really need better sources

So once again, I ask you Tinkerbell, what position does Trump hold in the gov't at the present time?

I think the biggest thing on your feeble mind should be gov't employees (who are not elected) fighting against lawfully elected people in the gov't.

We all know you are a stupid and partisan individual. Why don't you just come out and say it?

I support deportation. Otherwise we are just saying it’s ok to break our laws. We either have laws or we don’t.

So people who aren’t even citizens are rewarded, while we go after true citizens for far less.

Deport and remake our legal Immigration system better and faster.

There should be 0 reward for coming into our country illegally.

For the love of God it's been explained multiple times that most of these aren't here illegally. You are either stupid or refuse to read.

Reactions: flotiger
So we should subsidize these undocumented immigrants who exceed the labor demand? That makes no sense.

I’m not for mass deportation, but there are better options than this. A simple, logical rule is that no undocumented person receives a penny from federal or state governments. If they can’t provide for themselves, they have to go.

No, feel free to send the surplus home. A great way to do that would be to pass the bipartisan immigration bill which would speed up the asylum process and send people home faster.

There have been solutions proposed. Bipartisan ones. But magas dont want that bc it would hurt trump's reelection chances. So they would rather back mass deportations that will bring food and construction in this country to a grinding halt.

Look at this thread. They cannot even admit that this is bad policy.

Reactions: flotiger and dpic73
So once again, I ask you Tinkerbell, what position does Trump hold in the gov't at the present time?

I think the biggest thing on your feeble mind should be gov't employees (who are not elected) fighting against lawfully elected people in the gov't.

We all know you are a stupid and partisan individual. Why don't you just come out and say it?
Man with no teeth who watches FoxNews religiously telling me I'm the dumb one is rich. Trump is not in the government and that's why it's so disgusting that he controls the Republican Congress, but here we are.

You have also pledged your allegiance to that twatwaffle so surely you must understand the power he has over those elected officials. Is it like hypnosis or like you've been drugged? I've never understood how someone so stupid could control so many - can you explain?

Reactions: flotiger
Man with no teeth who watches FoxNews religiously telling me I'm the dumb one is rich. Trump is not in the government and that's why it's so disgusting that he controls the Republican Congress, but here we are.

You have also pledged your allegiance to that twatwaffle so surely you must understand the power he has over those elected officials. Is it like hypnosis or like you've been drugged? I've never understood how someone so stupid could control so many - can you explain?
My teeth are just fine. Thank you for asking.

Do you have any proof that he is controlling the congress?

Can you explain what a twatwaffle means?

You made the allegation, let's hear it.

You are a liar. That's all you do. All you ever will be. If I were you, I would be embarrassed. You don't seem to be even remotely worried about that.

For the love of God it's been explained multiple times that most of these aren't here illegally. You are either stupid or refuse to read.
7.3 million illegals have crossed the border during Bidens administration.

There you go slinging mud with your personal attacks again. You really have a problem with that. Go look in the mirror and ask yourself what is it about that dude "Fatpiggy" on the internet that gets my jimmies so rustled?

Last edited:
My teeth are just fine. Thank you for asking.

Do you have any proof that he is controlling the congress?

Can you explain what a twatwaffle means?

You made the allegation, let's hear it.

You are a liar. That's all you do. All you ever will be. If I were you, I would be embarrassed. You don't seem to be even remotely worried about that.
Just typical democrat conspiracy theories

7.3 million illegals have crossed the border during Bidens administration.

There you go slinging mud with your personal attacks again. You really have a problem with that.

You do realize that the number you quoted is encounters at the border, dont you? Not all were allowed to enter, and in fact those that were turned away tried anywhere from 2–30 times to cross again.

Under Biden, about 51% of migrants are turned away at the border or expelled. Under Trump (before COVID), that number was only 47%.

You do realize that the number you quoted is encounters at the border, dont you? Not all were allowed to enter, and in fact those that were turned away tried anywhere from 2–30 times to cross again.

Under Biden, about 51% of migrants are turned away at the border or expelled. Under Trump (before COVID), that number was only 47%.

It should be 0

Sure and nobody in the world should starve, there should be no murder or theft and we should all sit around happy and singing kum bay ya together.
I think in a UTOPIA, yoshi should feed and house all these people. How many of these people do you have living in your home yoshi?

I'm going to take a WAG (wild a$$ guess) and say not a single solitary one.

You talk out your a$$, but you don't put your money where your mouth is. You gonna let some of these unvetted people in your home to live with your family?

Ain't gonna happen. You're just another fraud, liar, and cheat.

Cosplaytriots
What does that even mean Tinkerbell? You say words that no one outside of your cult even understands.

Hell, you make up words. What is a Cosplaytriots?

That's what you communist have always done. When people figure out your bullsh!T, you just change the words so it fits your narrative.

What does that even mean Tinkerbell? You say words that no one outside of your cult even understands.

Hell, you make up words. What is a Cosplaytriots?

That's what you communist have always done. When people figure out your bullsh!T, you just change the words so it fits your narrative.
ErUZ0RLVQAEcMw-.jpg

CaUxjEVUsAED9Ag

I think in a UTOPIA, yoshi should feed and house all these people. How many of these people do you have living in your home yoshi?

I'm going to take a WAG (wild a$$ guess) and say not a single solitary one.

You talk out your a$$, but you don't put your money where your mouth is. You gonna let some of these unvetted people in your home to live with your family?

Ain't gonna happen. You're just another fraud, liar, and cheat.

You don't know anything about me at all.

Based on comments here, I would imagine I'm much nicer to all people than you are.

Why? Not at all what the founding fathers intended
They intended to have open borders where people just pranced right in? Why do we even have Customs then?

No one is arguing for no immigration. We are arguing for legal immigration.

Lol - you are the biggest asshole on the board and its not close. Look at the names you call people.

You don't like me because I call you out for being batshit nuts and having no integrity. You don't like me because I know that you changed your handle to avoid paying a bet that you lost.

I promise I'm not the biggest asshole here, I just don't put up with the dumb shit you post. I also never call people insulting names such as "Tranny" when I don't agree with their choices. I also don't change my profile pic to a freaking swastika like one of your MAGA brethren has done.

Lol. This coming from the dumbest poster on here. Well, except for about three more. But it's close...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT