ADVERTISEMENT

Political Ad for TV on Inflation

PalmettoTiger1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
My loose spending wife who spends so much money that when her credit cards get lost I don ‘t even report them lost as the stolen cards cannot spend as much as she would spend

With that premise she has surprised me and I am seeing the same thing that she has commented to me that inflation for food is out of control

Freaking restaurant food including fast food restaurants are raising prices astronomically

Same applies to grocery stores

The bonus Federal Food Stamp money has ended and grocery stores are now trying to jack up profits by raising prices

She says she notices less people shopping

Anybody seeing the same?

I think ads with politicians standing in restaurants and grocery stores talking about lowering prices would be powerful

I know present government agencies claim inflation is moderating

They must not shop in the real world

Prices are rising still

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Food prices are up 20% since March 2020.

If we take targeted inflation of 2% and multiply that by 3 years you would get 6% inflation. So Food inflation is 14% over target the last 3 years.

The war in Ukraine and giving them endless supplies of money is also a driving force. Every time you go to the Grocery store you should think about Ukraine.

I will say that we are finally starting to see some BOGO and other sales that disappeared for a couple of years.

Food prices are up 20% since March 2020.

If we take targeted inflation of 2% and multiply that by 3 years you would get 6% inflation. So Food inflation is 14% over target the last 3 years.

The war in Ukraine and giving them endless supplies of money is also a driving force. Every time you go to the Grocery store you should think about Ukraine.

I will say that we are finally starting to see some BOGO and other sales that disappeared for a couple of years.
Your inflation formula is off because inflation compounds, which makes it slightly higher than 6% but how would sending money to Ukraine affect inflation since that's taking money out of the supply, instead of adding to the money in circulation? Unless you're talking about the US armament industry which actually creates jobs and increases GDP. Also, how does the rapid decline in inflation make sense if the money we're sending is making it worse?

Your inflation formula is off because inflation compounds, which makes it slightly higher than 6% but how would sending money to Ukraine affect inflation since that's taking money out of the supply, instead of adding to the money in circulation? Unless you're talking about the US armament industry which actually creates jobs and increases GDP. Also, how does the rapid decline in inflation make sense if the money we're sending is making it worse?

Giving away money to Ukraine does not take it out of the supply. Finance 101

Giving away money to Ukraine does not take it out of the supply. Finance 101
The money we send them is a drop in the bucket compared to our defense budget and has a neglible effect on our economy. Again, inflation is going down.

Reactions: flotiger
The money we send them is a drop in the bucket compared to our defense budget and has a neglible effect on our economy. Again, inflation is going down.

LOL. Down from where? The highest level in 50 years. And its still not down regular levels. And in fact CPI was HIGHER than predicted yesterday and higher than last month. The PPI report comes out here in about 30 minutes.

Geez dude, wake up.

Reactions: Allornothing
I have concluded that Dpic73 is NOT a real person but a Chinese CCP troll bot

No matter what I say based on my conservative America first supporting non violence, equal opportunity NOT equity, meritocracy , literacy
closed borders , etc

I have Dpic73 jumping in with comment after comment plus I see him do the same to similar posts

So my conclusion is he is taking so much doping to keep himself awake 24/7/365 to attack people like me that he has to be an automated BOT AI system controlled by the left wing elite Democratic Party whose goal is to destroy America

Just my 2 cents

LOL. Down from where? The highest level in 50 years. And its still not down regular levels. And in fact CPI was HIGHER than predicted yesterday and higher than last month. The PPI report comes out here in about 30 minutes.

Geez dude, wake up.
You're all over the map. The economy is improving and inflation is going down, which makes it a stretch to say that the money we're sending to Ukraine is making it worse.

I have concluded that Dpic73 is NOT a real person but a Chinese CCP troll bot

No matter what I say based on my conservative America first supporting non violence, equal opportunity NOT equity, meritocracy , literacy
closed borders , etc

I have Dpic73 jumping in with comment after comment plus I see him do the same to similar posts

So my conclusion is he is taking so much doping to keep himself awake 24/7/365 to attack people like me that he has to be an automated BOT AI system controlled by the left wing elite Democratic Party whose goal is to destroy America

Just my 2 cents
I wasn't responding to you. The shit you say smacks of sniffing too much Elmer's and makes no sense.

Dpic has got to be the illicit lovechild of barbara streisand and paul krugman.

I can only assume that the Republican or MAGA desire to cut off Ukraine support and allow Putin to expand through Europe is a desire to have him as our next ruler after Trump....just saying. Probably the kind of take CNN should be broadcasting. If it were the other way around then you can bet Fox would be screaming it.

Last edited:
You're all over the map. The economy is improving and inflation is going down, which makes it a stretch to say that the money we're sending to Ukraine is making it worse.
In what respect is inflation going down?

Please distinguish between disinflation and deflation. We are experiencing disinflation.

Last edited:
I can only assume that the Republican or MAGA desire to cut of Ukraine support and allow Putin to expand through Europe is a desire to have him as our next ruler after Trump....just saying. Probably the kind of take CNN should be broadcasting. If it were the other way around then you can bet Fox would be screaming it.
Putin isn't going to expand into Europe? That is nonsense. He has legitimate gripes with Ukraine and we need to stay out of it.

However, if he attacks a NATO country we should eliminate him. NATO countries need to be paying their fair share for this agreement.

Are you dense? It was 9.1% in June 22, it's now 3.2%. 3.2 is less than 9.1.

Yes, the target rate is 2%. Taking inflation up to 9% and then down to 3.5% and calling it bringing inflation down is a hellavu a message. Most people would call that a fraudulent argument.

Inflation is theft from everybody except the extreme wealthy.

• Haha
Reactions: nytigerfan

The rate of increasing inflation is declining. We are still compounding all of those 9% increases with even more above-target increases. It’s not good.

Just imagine of Joe and the dems were able to pass trillions more in spending with the original BBB… Manchin saved you guys from an even larger calamity.

Yes, the target rate is 2%. Taking inflation up to 9% and then down to 3.5% and calling it bringing inflation down is a hellavu a message. Most people would call that a fraudulent argument.

A target rate is not a magical number written in stone, it's only a target. There is no economic law that says bringing inflation down to 2% is the sweet spot because it's an arbitrary number that's only been used since 2012.

If you can't admit that things are getting better it's because you're only looking for angles that would support your BDS.

The rate of increasing inflation is declining. We are still compounding all of those 9% increases with even more above-target increases. It’s not good.

Just imagine of Joe and the dems were able to pass trillions more in spending with the original BBB… Manchin saved you guys from an even larger calamity.
My first post already stated that inflation compounds so I'm not ignoring the reality of inflation. Nobody likes inflation but it was a worldwide problem with a lot of contributing factors. If Trump had been re-elected it wouldn't have made much of a difference because he was far from fiscally responsible and wanted to give out bigger checks than Joe did. Joe's policies did contribute some but they weren't the only factor.

We are way beyond blaming liberal spending policies. Need proof? Would you agree that Obama had large-scale liberal spending policies? He added $8T to the debt (the same as trump). And yet, in Obama's 2nd term, inflation was at historical lows. Conversely, the inflation rate doubled under trump.

Inflation on the whole is dropping significantly. The prices that people are paying for food and gas other items is not dropping due to corporate greed.

Why do you think gas prices always go up in the summer and the holiday season? Is Joe Biden opening his lap top and flipping a switch? Or are the gas companies to looking to boost profits when they know people will be driving again?

I predicted this years ago. You guys blamed biden policies 100% for inflation, and I predicted that when it dropped you would give Biden no credit.

Reactions: WapPride and dpic73

One of the most nonsensical arguments ever.

My first post already stated that inflation compounds so I'm not ignoring the reality of inflation. Nobody likes inflation but it was a worldwide problem with a lot of contributing factors. If Trump had been re-elected it wouldn't have made much of a difference because he was far from fiscally responsible and wanted to give out bigger checks than Joe did. Joe's policies did contribute some but they weren't the only factor.
And even if his policies contributed some, and I'd characterize it as very little, then let's debate whether said policies were necessary despite the contribution to inflation, or if not, where they erred. And then offer practical solutions that have net value to ALL 330M people. But that would take time away from Hunter Biden faux outrage and we can't have that.

And even if his policies contributed some, and I'd characterize it as very little, then let's debate whether said policies were necessary despite the contribution to inflation, or if not, where they erred. And then offer practical solutions that have net value to ALL 330M people. But that would take time away from Hunter Biden faux outrage and we can't have that.
Great post. The only thing I'd say he could have done better is he could have been more targeted with the checks that went out with the American Resue plan. Way too many received money they didn't need, but other than that, it's hard to calculate the value of the lives that were saved by quickly getting the vaccines to within arms length of every American almost overnight. Not sure how you can complain about the Infrastucture bill or the Chips Act either as they will have long ranging benefits well into the future. Also I don't see any big issues with the Inflation reduction act if you read the details. Like him or not he's been an extremely consequential President.

Reactions: flotiger
Great post. The only thing I'd say he could have done better is he could have been more targeted with the checks that went out with the American Resue plan. Way too many received money they didn't need, but other than that, it's hard to calculate the value of the lives that were saved by quickly getting the vaccines to within arms length of every American almost overnight. Not sure how you can complain about the Infrastucture bill or the Chips Act either as they will have long ranging benefits well into the future. Also I don't see any big issues with the Inflation reduction act if you read the details. Like him or not he's been an extremely consequential President.
Agreed.

It is not going down, bad choice of words as the percentage increase is going down.

Reactions: fatpiggy
It is not going down, bad choice of words as the percentage increase is going down.
Yes, we understand it's the rate of inflation, I didn't think that needed to be spelled out. But we have always had year over year inflation no matter who the president was. Biden did not invent it.

3.2 on top of all the previous inflation. We can now confirm that mathematics and economics is not your strong suit.

3.2 on top of all the previous inflation. We can now confirm that mathematics and economics is not your strong suit.
Hey dingleberry, read my posts again and you'll see I used the word compound twice. How embarrassing for you that you just knew that word as a place where your cult meets.

just to clarify (for anyone in this thread):

prices are not increasing (inflation) as fast as they had been increasing---but they are still going up.
prices are not going down

Hey dingleberry, read my posts again and you'll see I used the word compound twice. How embarrassing for you that you just knew that word as a place where your cult meets.
You were misrepresenting the facts to cover up the ineptitude of your hero China Joe Biden.

Reactions: fatpiggy
Yes, we understand it's the rate of inflation, I didn't think that needed to be spelled out. But we have always had year over year inflation no matter who the president was. Biden did not invent it.

He just exacerbated the shit out of it. And took it to levels not seen in 50 years. And still hasn’t gotten it down to appropriate levels.

Bidenomics = Inflation

Inflation = Theft

Bidenomics = theft

You were misrepresenting the facts to cover up the ineptitude of your hero China Joe Biden.
How am I misrepresenting something that I admitted to in my very first post? It's not my fault that you have an elementary understanding of my posts. Be smarter.

Bidenomics = Inflation

Inflation = Theft

Bidenomics = theft
This is called disinflation. Many, like @dpic73, confuse this with deflation.
I literally haven't confused a thing but your confusing description of inflation as theft is well understood as a way of framing it in a way that will justify your violent coup if the voters don't give you what you want.

My loose spending wife who spends so much money that when her credit cards get lost I don ‘t even report them lost as the stolen cards cannot spend as much as she would spend

With that premise she has surprised me and I am seeing the same thing that she has commented to me that inflation for food is out of control

Freaking restaurant food including fast food restaurants are raising prices astronomically

Same applies to grocery stores

The bonus Federal Food Stamp money has ended and grocery stores are now trying to jack up profits by raising prices

She says she notices less people shopping

Anybody seeing the same?

I think ads with politicians standing in restaurants and grocery stores talking about lowering prices would be powerful

I know present government agencies claim inflation is moderating

They must not shop in the real world

Prices are rising still
Restaurant and fast food are way too high IMO. I am in grocery stores all the time and believe grocery prices have stabilized for the most part. And people are still shopping heavily.

People have to eat.
I don't know where you grocery shop but if I remember to use them, my grocery store sends me coupons for all the items I normally buy several times a month and they can be used even if the item is on sale. I also buy some items in bulk at Costco that also brings down my shopping bill. There are plenty of ways to still have a reasonable grocery bill but if that's not enough, I've twice given you links to Gwinnett County food pantries. Stop your whining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT