ADVERTISEMENT

Political Ad for TV on Inflation

I don't know where you grocery shop but if I remember to use them, my grocery store sends me coupons for all the items I normally buy several times a month and they can be used even if the item is on sale. I also buy some items in bulk at Costco that also brings down my shopping bill. There are plenty of ways to still have a reasonable grocery bill but if that's not enough, I've twice given you links to Gwinnett County food pantries. Stop your whining.
LOL!! I don't need any advice from you junior on food procurement.

I am definitely seeing the prices continue to go up. I have my own Consumer Price Index check....Ribeye steaks. I shop a Publix and bought ribeye steak about once a month for years. Back in 2019 the average price was ~$12/lb. I stopped buying when it went above $15 in 2021....since then, I check the price of ribeye frequently as an unscientific way to see the impact of inflation. For the last 2 years the price has been continually climbing and had gotten up to $18.99 a pound last year but then dropped to $16.99 in the fall. I just checked yesterday and it was $20.99/lb, the highest since I started doing this.

I realize there could be a ton of factors that influence the price of beef, but MAN $20.99/lb for ribeye is just insane to me. Tenderloin was $31.00/lb.

I am also not sure if this is inflation or what, but either way, a staple of my past diet is no longer available to me as I will NOT pay that much for ribeye steaks.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I am definitely seeing the prices continue to go up. I have my own Consumer Price Index check....Ribeye steaks. I shop a Publix and bought ribeye steak about once a month for years. Back in 2019 the average price was ~$12/lb. I stopped buying when it went above $15 in 2021....since then, I check the price of ribeye frequently as an unscientific way to see the impact of inflation. For the last 2 years the price has been continually climbing and had gotten up to $18.99 a pound last year but then dropped to $16.99 in the fall. I just checked yesterday and it was $20.99/lb, the highest since I started doing this.

I realize there could be a ton of factors that influence the price of beef, but MAN $20.99/lb for ribeye is just insane to me. Tenderloin was $31.00/lb.

I am also not sure if this is inflation or what, but either way, a staple of my past diet is no longer available to me as I will NOT pay that much for ribeye steaks.
Here's a good explainer which says the price is due to several years of drought in cattle country as well as higher input costs. Hay is a water intensive crop and ranchers couldn't afford to keep the cattle over the winter so cattle ranchers liquidated the breeding herd.

Here's a good explainer which says the price is due to several years of drought in cattle country as well as higher input costs. Hay is a water intensive crop and ranchers couldn't afford to keep the cattle over the winter so cattle ranchers liquidated the breeding herd.

FAKE NEWS!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT