ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Realignment/McMurphy Article

tbctiger

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2020
Apologizing for yet another thread about this, but this is something I've yet to see anyone address. I'll also say I'm asking this in hopes of someone making me feel better about the situation.

With Brett McMurphy's recent article and the countless interviews I've listened to recently, all I continue to hear is the big 2 do not want Clemson or FSU. Even if they could have them free and clear without fear of litigation. Simply put, they would only consider adding them if the rest of the ACC were up for grabs. This is hard for me to accept when looking at the middle-lower tier teams in each of those conferences, but that is where we are unfortunately. If the SEC could swap Vandy for Clemson/FSU they would in a heartbeat, but that's not how this works.

My understanding is all roads lead to a new league or basically the Big 2 being sort of the AFC/NFC. With that said, my question is is there anyway Clemson get left out in the cold and doesn't ultimately end up in the superior league? The pundits right now make it seem like Clemson/FSU are worthless. I just don't see how the powers that be let programs like Indiana/South Carolina in this new league and programs like Clemson/FSU are relegated in perpetuity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News