ADVERTISEMENT

****Quite an approach here from Syracuse's AD

Larry_Williams

Senior Writer - Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
Oct 28, 2008
Basement
In this article, Syracuse AD John Wildhack brags about outbidding Nebraska for Ohio State transfer Kyle McCord.

Syracuse University athletic director John Wildhack wasn’t afraid to brag a bit to a packed room of Orange fans Tuesday night at Three Heads Brewing in Rochester, New York.
As he answered his final question from emcee Matt Park during the ‘Cuse Coaches Caravan event, Wildhack walked through the workings of each of Syracuse’s NIL groups — Orange United, Athletes Who Care and SU Football NIL — and their impact.

"Kyle McCord’s not our quarterback this year without SU Football NIL," Wildhack said. "He is our quarterback, and he turned down twice the money from Nebraska."

Applause started after the first sentence, but there was an audible vocal reaction after the revelation of the second.

"And I know that for a fact because I have a friend from Nebraska who’s on the coaching staff who called me the day Kyle committed to us," Wildhack continued. "I won’t tell you what he said to me. He busted my chops pretty good, but my response was, 'Kyle’s wearing blue and orange. He’s ours.'"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News