ADVERTISEMENT

Random crazy offensive stat from last season

tboonpickens

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2001
Apologies to @Larry_Williams @Paul Strelow if they already hit upon this, but I heard Dabo reference a stat on the Gramlich and MacLain podcast today and it shocked me. I knew we were ranked very highly when it came to moving the ball between the 20s, but I didn't realize we were 3rd in the nation in offensive plays per game last season. Now some of that stat can be explained by having a defense that gets the ball back to the offense as well as our offense's inability to hit explosive plays, but it still is a stat that seems to paint the picture of an offense that isn't far off from becoming good again.

I'm really hoping that the following conditions will lead to an offensive resurgence in 2024. It really seems like we're not building from scratch even with the pervasive frustration of the last three seasons.

• Y2 of Garrett Riley
  • Matt Luke helming the OL room
  • a healthy WR room featuring proven commodities like Tyler Brown and Antonio Williams alongside Stellato/Turner/Randall and the influx of talented newcomers who look like early contributors (especially Wesco)
  • a workhorse RB who can also break off chunk plays
  • a bigger, stronger Briningstool looking to get on the NFL radar (really excited about the TE room as a whole)
  • another year of maturation on and off the field for Cade
  • rule changes like in-helmet comms and tablets on the sidelines

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.