ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking The Gamecocks' 2024 Road Trips - Their take on the town of Clemson, Death Valley, etc

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com
From our South Carolina site here at Rivals.com:

"Maybe it's the Gamecock in me speaking but I have just never seen the appeal of this place. It has a few picturesque spots and a lake nearby but nothing that is truly unique. There are almost no local restaurants, the Esso Club is one of the most overrated venues in college football, and parking/traffic is a nightmare. If you are going to Clemson, stay in Greenville and make the short 40-45 minute drive for the game. If you come into town from I-85 then stop in Pendleton and try The Smokin' Pig. For my money, it's one of the two best places for BBQ in the Upstate.

"In all fairness to Clemson, Memorial Stadium is a fantastic college football venue and can get loud especially when the rival Gamecocks are in town. I've seen 11 Carolina/Clemson games in Clemson and 1996 and 2022 are the only Gamecock victory these eyes have seen up thar in those hills.

"While this is a rivalry game, the crowds at Clemson are not what they were in the 80s when in cost $10 for an upper deck ticket, this goes for a lot of venues in the south. As long as you don't make any trouble, none should find you."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News