ADVERTISEMENT

Red Lobster

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
I think a lot of companies are being sabotaged in similar fashion for pure greed.

People Are Learning Red Lobster Didn’t Go Bankrupt Because Of Endless Shrimp, They Were Attacked By Wall Street For Their Land

Here’s the full story

“The only reason Red Lobster's going into bankruptcy is because a hedge fund wanted them to go into bankruptcy.”

“The media will never stop covering for hedge funds while making it seem like every problem is the fault of the American people.

Like, I'd be willing to bet you think Red Lobster went into bankruptcy because of endless shrimp. You know, the endless shrimp promotion they had. Because that's what the media's told you. They've been telling you repeatedly that the reason Red Lobster went into bankruptcy was that they had the endless shrimp combo and the greedy American people just took advantage of it.

That's not what happened.

No, what happened was a hedge fund bought Red Lobster and as a condition of the sale, they made therm split up their land and their restaurants.

Because up until that point, Red Lobster actually owned all of the land that their restaurants were located on.

And then once they made them split that up, the hedge funds made the leases on that land so expensive that the Red Lobsters couldn't possibly continue to operate.

So Red Lobster had to keep trying new and new things to try to make enough money to pay these leases. And it was never enough to be able to afford what the hedge fund wanted to charge them.

So now they're going into bankruptcy. But the media is not talking about that and the American people were the problem.

That Red Lobster made terrible marketing decisions and the American people took advantage of it. But make no mistake, the only reason Red Lobster's going into bankruptcy is because a hedge fund wanted them to go into bankruptcy.

They wanted to put Red Lobster out of business so they could take the land that the Red Lobsters were on. Because Red Lobster has some amazing locations across the United States. And now the hedge fund is going to be able to sell off all the little pieces of Red Lobster, completely shutting them down and just have the land all to themselves.

And look, I don't like that hedge funds are allowed to do that. Investors are allowed to f*ck over another company. But what shouldn't be happening is the media being complicit and trying to hide that fact.

It's not just the hedge funds, it's not just the government, it's also the media.

Absolutely f*cking nobody is on our side. Absolutely nobody is giving us the true facts except for each other.”

Another unfortunate side effect of PE groups buying major positions in companies and absolutely gutting them in the name of short term profits.
Had a few friends get affected by this in the environmental industry.

The world will be a better place with superior businesses in the locations where Red Lobsters once stood, and for there to no longer be a place where American slobs can order 10 plates of shrimp in a sitting.

Thank you private equity.

Also, have you all read some of the server stories coming out about Red Lobster? Groups of 8-10 coming in and ordering 3 endless shrimps and feeding the entire group. People throwing fits about not being able to take tons of shrimp home as leftovers.

That restaurant and that deal attracted some of the dregs of society.

I think a lot of companies are being sabotaged in similar fashion for pure greed.

People Are Learning Red Lobster Didn’t Go Bankrupt Because Of Endless Shrimp, They Were Attacked By Wall Street For Their Land

Here’s the full story

“The only reason Red Lobster's going into bankruptcy is because a hedge fund wanted them to go into bankruptcy.”

“The media will never stop covering for hedge funds while making it seem like every problem is the fault of the American people.

Like, I'd be willing to bet you think Red Lobster went into bankruptcy because of endless shrimp. You know, the endless shrimp promotion they had. Because that's what the media's told you. They've been telling you repeatedly that the reason Red Lobster went into bankruptcy was that they had the endless shrimp combo and the greedy American people just took advantage of it.

That's not what happened.

No, what happened was a hedge fund bought Red Lobster and as a condition of the sale, they made therm split up their land and their restaurants.

Because up until that point, Red Lobster actually owned all of the land that their restaurants were located on.

And then once they made them split that up, the hedge funds made the leases on that land so expensive that the Red Lobsters couldn't possibly continue to operate.

So Red Lobster had to keep trying new and new things to try to make enough money to pay these leases. And it was never enough to be able to afford what the hedge fund wanted to charge them.

So now they're going into bankruptcy. But the media is not talking about that and the American people were the problem.

That Red Lobster made terrible marketing decisions and the American people took advantage of it. But make no mistake, the only reason Red Lobster's going into bankruptcy is because a hedge fund wanted them to go into bankruptcy.

They wanted to put Red Lobster out of business so they could take the land that the Red Lobsters were on. Because Red Lobster has some amazing locations across the United States. And now the hedge fund is going to be able to sell off all the little pieces of Red Lobster, completely shutting them down and just have the land all to themselves.

And look, I don't like that hedge funds are allowed to do that. Investors are allowed to f*ck over another company. But what shouldn't be happening is the media being complicit and trying to hide that fact.

It's not just the hedge funds, it's not just the government, it's also the media.

Absolutely f*cking nobody is on our side. Absolutely nobody is giving us the true facts except for each other.”
What is he talking about the media is covering for hedgefunds? Just google red lobster and you can find all sorts of news articles about red lobster being bought by a private equity fund that started charging them rent. I mean, how did this guy know about it? I’m gonna guess he’s not in the Red Lobster board room but rather he learned it from…a media source.

And, of course, the private equity company buying their land isn’t the only reason they’re going bankrupt. That company bought Red Lobster over a decade ago. They’ve made a series of business mistakes and, its true, endless shrimp was one of those mistakes.

I don’t understand this angle of “the media is blaming the american people and won’t tell you about this” wtf is he talking about?

What is he talking about the media is covering for hedgefunds? Just google red lobster and you can find all sorts of news articles about red lobster being bought by a private equity fund that started charging them rent. I mean, how did this guy know about it? I’m gonna guess he’s not in the Red Lobster board room but rather he learned it from…a media source.

And, of course, the private equity company buying their land isn’t the only reason they’re going bankrupt. That company bought Red Lobster over a decade ago. They’ve made a series of business mistakes and, its true, endless shrimp was one of those mistakes.

I don’t understand this angle of “the media is blaming the american people and won’t tell you about this” wtf is he talking about?

Love this response.

Conservative bloggers love the “media isn’t telling you” narrative. It keeps these guys in power like they have some inside information. Like you said “how the hell does this guy know if the media didn’t tell us?” John Q. Patriot blogging out of his house somehow has found the true story that the “media” isn’t telling you.

Meanwhile, Ard has posted at least 3 articles on this site that have covered this story beautifully. And of course, it’s multi-faceted, which is a concept lost on these guys.

Reactions: flotiger and dpic73
I swear some of you libs love to be know-it-alls!
I won't mention names or the last 2 post.

Google why RL filed bankruptcy and the first thing you read in almost every single article is about the "endless shrimp deal". One even mentioned it as the "endless lobster deal".
Whether right or wrong, most people are not going to dive down into an article or research it for more than 5 minutes to find the real root of the issue. That is what is being referred to about the MSM and their "PUSH AN AGENDA NEWS"

Flame away Diva's

But I have to agree with @scotchtiger. I actually had to go eat at RL yesterday for a graduation lunch. Whoo Nelly! I just said, I wasn't hungry anymore and drank my Voodoo Ranger.

I swear some of you libs love to be know-it-alls!
I won't mention names or the last 2 post.

Google why RL filed bankruptcy and the first thing you read in almost every single article is about the "endless shrimp deal". One even mentioned it as the "endless lobster deal".
Whether right or wrong, most people are not going to dive down into an article or research it for more than 5 minutes to find the real root of the issue. That is what is being referred to about the MSM and their "PUSH AN AGENDA NEWS"

Flame away Diva's

But I have to agree with @scotchtiger. I actually had to go eat at RL yesterday for a graduation lunch. Whoo Nelly! I just said, I wasn't hungry anymore and drank my Voodoo Ranger.

I’m not a liberal, but am one of the “last 2 posts”, so I took your challenge. Here was the top news story when I googled “why Red Lobster filed bankruptcy”.

https://www.fastcompany.com/91129776/what-really-killed-red-lobster-bankruptcy-private-equity

Well-written, covered the multitude of issues, and didn’t blame it solely on endless shrimp. Maybe this is where John Q. Patriot got his info that he repackaged in his blog to prove that the “media doesn’t give us the truth.” Even though it was easy to find with a simple search.

Maybe my google searches bring up reputable sources instead of slanted news organizations, internet bloggers and known political liars. Of course, that would explain why so many Americans are clueless about “the news”.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT