ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Sid Vicious

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com

Sid Eudy, WWE legend known as Sycho Sid, dies at age of 63 after battling cancer for years

By: Jake Nisse - Daily Mail

Wrestling legend Sid Eudy - also known as 'Sycho Sid' - has passed away at the age of 63 after a long battle with cancer, according to his family.

Eudy's son Gunnar posted on Facebook: 'Dear friends and family, I am deeply saddened to share that my father, Sid Eudy, has passed away after battling cancer for several years. He was a man of strength, kindness, and love, and his presence will be greatly missed.

'We appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we grieve this loss. Details for a memorial service will be shared soon. Thank you for your support.'

1724707995526.png

Also known as 'Sid Vicious' and 'Sid Justice,' Eudy starred in the WWF (now known as the WWE) and WCW, making his debut in the latter in 1989.

Standing at a massive 6-foot-9, he established a memorable legacy as a six-time world champion - including twice in the WWF and twice in WCW.

The WWE's official website writes that, if not for a leg injury in 2001, 'Sid’s successes would likely have stacked up against the best in WWE history.'

In a statement released shortly after his death, a WWE spokesperson told Mail Sport: 'WWE is saddened to learn that Sid Eudy has passed away.

'A two-time WWE Champion, Sid was one of the most imposing and terrifying competitors of his generation with a natural charisma that immediately connected with the WWE Universe. Standing at 6'9, Sid gained notoriety in 1989 when he signed with WCW and wrestled with and against some of the biggest names in the industry, including The Steiner Brothers, The Road Warriors and The Four Horseman.

'Known as "The Master and Ruler of the World", Sid’s reputation as one of the toughest and most thrilling Superstars cemented his legacy in WWE, and his influence can still be seen in wrestling rings around the world.

'WWE extends its condolences to Eudy’s family, friends and fans.'

Eudy, who was born in West Memphis, Arkansas in 1960, also headlined two WrestleManias and competed against the likes of Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan.

Tributes poured in for the beloved wrestler, with Eudy's former colleague Marc Mero penning a touching tribute on X.

'So sad to hear that friend and wrestling superstar Sid Eudy (Sid Vicious & Sid Justice) has passed away at 63 years young from cancer,' he wrote.

'He was one of the first wrestlers i wrestled when i was trying out for WCW. What a great guy. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and his millions of fans.'

Fans also offered some kind words regarding the former wrestling star.

'RIP to a legend who doesn’t get enough credit in the business,' one said.

'My childhood heroes are dying and it hurts,' added another.

''He left this world by still fighting,' a different well-wisher wrote. 'I remember his fight with [Heart Break Kid] Shawn Michaels. Will always be missed.'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.