ADVERTISEMENT

***Roe v Wade Overturned***

You don't get arrested for peaceful protesting.........be less stupid
Eh … to be fair … yes you can. If you refuse to disperse, or trespass, etc

Assemble, protest, you do you … but if you protest in the middle of a highway and are hit by a car??? Ya kinda had that coming to you …. Just like if you storm the Capital Building and are shot in the chest???? Ya kinda had that coming to you

Keep it classy, Lori Lightfoot.

But this isn't creating more of a high emotion, angry, conflict situation... right?

It'd be nice of this kind of behavior was called out by Democrats but instead it will probably be celebrated. That's not helping us get anywhere. She's a loathsome individual.

Reactions: 97ClemsonMac

But this isn't creating more of a high emotion, angry, conflict situation... right?

It'd be nice of this kind of behavior was called out by Democrats but instead it will probably be celebrated. That's not helping us get anywhere. She's a loathsome individual.
Just say her name 3 times in a row and she will go away.

Clarence Thomas is a loathsome individual.

Clarence Thomas is a loathsome individual.

Only if you approach him from a desire to hate him. If you actually take the time to understand what he's saying, it comes out a bit different. But since he's a black conservative, he's subjected to more discrimination and false personal attacks than just about anyone I know of.

Reactions: Chetsu

Lots of asset managers and hedgies left Manhattan for greener pastures. Ken Griffin is the most wealthy man in Illinois and his firm a MASSIVE contributor to tax revenue. You may have to change your tune at this rate
Trump's tax program put a real bite on NYC especially. This article (a blog, I grant you) explains it.

But short version, wealthy NY residents would use their federal tax returns (which they got because of hefty property taxes in NY) to pay their high-as-hell state taxes. Trump's plan cut that off and so it was expected that NY would see a lot of wealthy residents leave.

So federal money subsidized NY residents, just through a different channel.

Your words mean nothing

I think the top one at least is WAY too far. But I wouldn't trust Salon.com as a news source for anything.

Something kinda funny - I have a friend (a college professor) who hates abortion but when the debate came up during the 2020 election, said it wouldn't sway him to vote for Trump because regardless of who gets elected, abortion isn't going away. He hates Trump (not that I'm a big fan, BTW)

He voted Biden (I think lesser-of-two-evils in his mind, but I do not know for sure), Biden gets elected, then abortion gets dealt a major blow.

(I think COVID was also a factor, and cases of and deaths from it also went up under Biden I believe).

Damn. Define irony.

For the record, this friend is a great guy and really sharp. This isn't meant as a bash on him.

For the record - I can't stand either candidate.

Last edited:
Do you think you have EVER contributed even one meaningful or intelligent comment here? You're a follower, a hanger on with nothing to offer except attacks. Sit ya ass down.

I was born and raised in South Carolina myself to Republican parents, so I know what I'm talking about for the record.
I really don’t care what you think. It’s fun to see you get so triggered though.

Reactions: 97ClemsonMac
Eh … to be fair … yes you can. If you refuse to disperse, or trespass, etc

Assemble, protest, you do you … but if you protest in the middle of a highway and are hit by a car??? Ya kinda had that coming to you …. Just like if you storm the Capital Building and are shot in the chest???? Ya kinda had that coming to you
But refusing to disperse isn't necessarily peaceful, no? Peaceful for all intents and purposes means obeying the rule of law. Trespassing and not dispersing when asked to, would be breaking the law.

You'll get no arguments from me on unfortunate outcomes from doing stupid things.

Only if you approach him from a desire to hate him. If you actually take the time to understand what he's saying, it comes out a bit different. But since he's a black conservative, he's subjected to more discrimination and false personal attacks than just about anyone I know of.
Lori Lightfoot is only a loathsome person if you approach her from a desire to hate her. Since she is a black democrat woman, she's subjected to more discrimination and false personal attacks than just about anyone I know of.

Reactions: dpic73
Lori Lightfoot is only a loathsome person if you approach her from a desire to hate her. Since she is a black democrat woman, she's subjected to more discrimination and false personal attacks than just about anyone I know of.

Nice try. She is corrupt as hell.

I'll take your retort as a veiled way of saying you really have nothing on Justice Thomas other than the fact that you just don't like him.

Nice try. She is corrupt as hell.

I'll take your retort as a veiled way of saying you really have nothing on Justice Thomas other than the fact that you just don't like him.
You should take it as you just don't like her and I can easily say the same things about Clarence Thomas. Doesn't make you more right than anyone else.

You should take it as you just don't like her and I can easily say the same things about Clarence Thomas. Doesn't make you more right than anyone else.

My original point with respect to Justice Thomas was to try and engage in a discussion with you. If you don't want to then that's fine but I just wanted to try and help you understand Justice Thomas a little bit better because he is very misrepresented in the media.

Mayor Lightfoot is who she is in a very public way and her comments toward Justice Thomas demonstrate the type of person she is very clearly. Of course we can add in about 10,000 other things she said and done to demonstrate this. That is not the case with Justice Thomas.

My original point with respect to Justice Thomas was to try and engage in a discussion with you. If you don't want to then that's fine but I just wanted to try and help you understand Justice Thomas a little bit better because he is very misrepresented in the media.

Mayor Lightfoot is who she is in a very public way and her comments toward Justice Thomas demonstrate the type of person she is very clearly. Of course we can add in about 10,000 other things she said and done to demonstrate this. That is not the case with Justice Thomas.
Yeah I'm good on that. No need to see you ramble on and on with zero intent on understanding anyone else.

I'd rather point out how basic your logic is instead.

I do not think any federal owned land would be sovereign. It would still fall under state law imo. I mean can China run communist activities on all the land they own? This is just more ridiculous BS.

This is what a real insurrection looks like with the DOJ and state AG's declaring they will not comply with the scotus decision and the speaker of the house using this extreme language. Judiciary is one of the 3 independents wings of government. THIS IS AN INSURRECTION IN MOTION. TAKE THAT AND THINK ABOUT IT LIBS.

This is where we're headed and they aren't even hiding it anymore.

“The reason we had so many overreaching regulations is because the church complied,” she said. “The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church. That is not how our Founding Fathers intended it.”

Just stop with the bs about being able to go to another state. And if the Rs win the House and Senate back, you can bet your ass they will try to make it impossible to get an abortion anywhere.

I haven’t followed this closely, but are there not 10 republicans who would sign off on a “floor” for abortion protections that would include rape, incest, health of the mother and then some voluntary timing like the various heartbeat bills or even 15 weeks? Desantis’ new abortion law is 15 weeks and then longer for some of those other provisions. Maybe also all agree on no late term abortion as part of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT