ADVERTISEMENT

Shakeup at WCCP after they sign extension with Clemson

tboonpickens

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2001
Looks like WCCP dumped Brad Senkiw from their 9am slot after announcing an extension to be the flagship station. They will be turning to soon-to-be Clemson grad Faxon Childress for that slot. Interesting move given his youth, but he has been doing fill-in work for multiple years now, and I think he's got a bright future. Nothing against Brad, as I think he had good info and previously covered the team as a print journalist, but I always felt like they needed more energy in that slot. His show often times felt like a Braves show as much as a Clemson show with way too much MLB talk year round as well. Just felt like something never clicked.

Radio is a hard business, and I do feel bad for Brad in that he was on air Thursday talking about viewing Clemson practice and had talked about how excited his sons were for the new season. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

WCCP has been running ESPN shows during that slot since Friday, and I thought it was an odd time to do so given fall camp just began.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News