ADVERTISEMENT

Sharing some fun news (that is political and also useless).

iceheart08

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
I'm no longer a Dem.

I officially switched my registration to unaffiliated.

This is a big deal for me.. I've worked for and with a very long list of Dem politicians. I've spent my life as a democratic.

Even a month ago I never would have imagined leaving the party.

I'm not ok with the way any of this is happening.

Party insiders have ruined our election.
They just announced the president no longer supports gender affirming care for minors (regardless of your thoughts on the policy an about face like this on something that matters is wrong).
And it seems like the president is either trying to rehabilitate his son's image or is truly only talking to family. Either way, he's gotta go.

And the Dems won't make him.

So here we are. ****.

I'm no longer a Dem.

This is a big deal for me.. I've worked for and with a very long list of Dem politicians. I've spent my life as a democratic.

They just announced the president no longer supports gender affirming care for minors (regardless of your thoughts on the policy an about face like this on something that matters is wrong).
And it seems like the president is either trying to rehabilitate his son's image or is truly only talking to family. Either way, he's gotta go.

So here we are. ****.
Enlightening Elizabeth Olsen GIF by First We Feast

Our of curiosity, most of the world has come to realize this is a really bad policy. The reasoning is based in research and results. Why is it bad to change course when the data so overwhelmingly suggest they are wrong?

There are a lot of issues like this on both sides. Why is it bad for people who are opposites like you and me to find a middle ground so we can work together to solve a problem? I disagree with you on most things, but I have never doubted you care and want to see our nation succeed.

Our of curiosity, most of the world has come to realize this is a really bad policy. The reasoning is based in research and results. Why is it bad to change course when the data so overwhelmingly suggest they are wrong?

There are a lot of issues like this on both sides. Why is it bad for people who are opposites like you and me to find a middle ground so we can work together to solve a problem? I disagree with you on most things, but I have never doubted you care and want to see our nation succeed.

Because they ignored the human impact, and did it in a transparent way to win votes. Just a few days after pride.

Trans kids have been told the Dems have their back. They will support you. We agree that this is a decision we should let people make. Until we thought it might win us some votes.

These folks are too marginalized to be used for political games.

And like, sure this is hyperbole, but like, did Hunter ****ing Biden suggest this? Idk? He seems to be heavily involved for the last 3 weeks or so? Why? Why why?

Reactions: TigerGrowls
And like, sure this is hyperbole, but like, did Hunter ****ing Biden suggest this? Idk? He seems to be heavily involved for the last 3 weeks or so? Why? Why why?

You won't have to search long for that answer. It's been there the entire time.

The Trans issue for the Democrats is like the abortion issue for Republicans.

In the end, the Democrat position was closer to the correct opinion and Republicans have been forced to compromise. Abortion is now legal except in the cases of extreme irresponsibility. What i mean is, if you want an abortion you can get it. However, you can not be so irresponsible and wait until late term to decide you want an abortion.

On the Trans issue, Democrats are wrong. There is 1) no such thing as trans, it is scientifically impossible for the human race. 2) It is never ok to mutilate a child.

I'm all for living your life as you see fit and think most people are ok with adult trannies. Democrats should take the L on this issue and compromise where the majority of the population stands. Fine to act trans as an adult, but the leave the fvcking kids alone.

The Trans issue for the Democrats is like the abortion issue for Republicans.

In the end, the Democrat position was closer to the correct opinion and Republicans have been forced to compromise. Abortion is now legal except in the cases of extreme irresponsibility. What i mean is, if you want an abortion you can get it. However, you can not be so irresponsible and wait until late term to decide you want an abortion.

On the Trans issue, Democrats are wrong. There is 1) no such thing as trans, it is scientifically impossible for the human race. 2) It is never ok to mutilate a child.

I'm all for living your life as you see fit and think most people are ok with adult trannies. Democrats should take the L on this issue and compromise where the majority of the population stands. Fine to act trans as an adult, but the leave the fvcking kids alone.

I'm not here to argue about the policy and I am more than a little perturbed when I see like 6 years olds who are being allowed to make life altering decisions.

My point is about the form and the human impact.

We said we had their back. Now we don't because, what? If Dems thought this was about policy they'd deal with this in the next term.

It's not.

This is about votes. And it's so so so ****ing wrong to play with these people's lives like this and I won't vote for anyone who refuses to put people first.

politicians have your back until they need someone else's vote. every politician every hour will stab their mama in the back for 2 votes. i hate all politicians. do any of them have the country first?
i blame mark sanford's argentinian girlfriend. undefeated. appalachian trail my ass

I'm no longer a Dem.

So here we are. ****.

Welcome. I’ve basically left the GOP in the last 3-4 years. I won’t vote for a dem under current circumstances, but I hold no allegiance to the Republican Party. I think they are mostly pieces of shit, which is how I feel about most politicians. Our current political landscape is absolutely awful and depressing.

Side note, I’m in Edisto right now and if the election was held here today, it’s a 90/10 Trump win. Our kids were in the parade and it was nonstop MAGA. Flags, hats, costumes, cutouts, etc etc.

The Dems "had their back “ regarding what specifically? What has changed recently regarding their support for trans?

We supported their right to make a decision for their family or child. We told them that was ok with us, as a party, if parents and kids made this choice for themselves, and with th governments blessing.

And we told the kids that we believed them, and that we were going to do what it took to make things right for those kids.

And now, not so much, because votes that we won't get?

Tldr: we gave them support, then took it away for nothing. And that will create harm.

A viable 3rd choice is badly needed,

This is the answer. But the parties won't let it happen.

Jungle primarys and an RCV general election could help solve this problem.

Imagine a race with 4 people on the ballot this year. Trump, Biden, Romney and Bernie (ideological placeholders for far left and moderate right).

The percentage of people who love Biden and trump aren't enough to get close to 50%, so their votes get knocked out. Then, the voters who chose them first, get their vote allocated to their second choice, in this case, probably Romney picks up the most votes.

It would allow us to have real choice and candidates that aren't beholden to party primarys.

Imagine a race with 4 people on the ballot this year. Trump, Biden, Romney and Bernie (ideological placeholders for far left and moderate right).

The percentage of people who love Biden and trump aren't enough to get close to 50%, so their votes get knocked out. Then, the voters who chose them first, get their vote allocated to their second choice, in this case, probably Romney picks up the most votes.

It would allow us to have real choice and candidates that aren't beholden to party primarys.
A lot of focus particularly from the Dems on eliminating the electoral college, but IMO this should be the greater focus. Ranked choice gives us a 3rd party without actually having a 3rd party and greatly reduces the likelihood of extremes on either side getting elected.

It would solve a lot more of the ills in our politics than removal of electoral college would.

A lot of focus particularly from the Dems on eliminating the electoral college, but IMO this should be the greater focus. Ranked choice gives us a 3rd party without actually having a 3rd party and greatly reduces the likelihood of extremes on either side getting elected.

It would solve a lot more of the ills in our politics than removal of electoral college would.

I agree. And Dems are only thinking about how they can win, not how we can make the country better. And transparent actions to preserve power will be seen for what they are, and Dems will lose national the population vote again.

No thanks on rcv.

I'm not here to argue about the policy and I am more than a little perturbed when I see like 6 years olds who are being allowed to make life altering decisions.

My point is about the form and the human impact.

We said we had their back. Now we don't because, what? If Dems thought this was about policy they'd deal with this in the next term.

It's not.

This is about votes. And it's so so so ****ing wrong to play with these people's lives like this and I won't vote for anyone who refuses to put people first.
Maybe they changed their mind because they were presented with new information? Or they realized their position was backed by errant (pseudo) science?

It’s ok to change positions when new information is presented. A lot of European countries decided the studies they initially thought supported transing kids was actually junk science.

Your position seeems to allow no room for adjusting.

Republicans adjusted on abortion and it has seemingly helped them. Democrats will need to pivot on trans because it js largely unpopular and morally wrong.

Reactions: Allornothing
No. The 2nd most popular republican candidate should not be the pick. RCV allows gaming of the system imo.
IMO RCV has the best shot of choosing the representative of the most people in whatever area.

With primaries, extreme candidates often have an advantage as they may win only 30
% of their parties votes but the other 70% are split between many more moderate candidates. And the 70% may not feel represented at all by the extreme candidate. It is why Bernie has ever been competitive (and how horrible of a candidate HRC was)

RCV makes it so the most people feel they are represented even if not by their personal top choice.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Maybe they changed their mind because they were presented with new information? Or they realized their position was backed by errant (pseudo) science?

It’s ok to change positions when new information is presented. A lot of European countries decided the studies they initially thought supported transing kids was actually junk science.

Your position seeems to allow no room for adjusting.

Republicans adjusted on abortion and it has seemingly helped them. Democrats will need to pivot on trans because it js largely unpopular and morally wrong.

You and I both know this isn't what happened. This is pure politics and it's wrong.

If this wasn't about politics they wouldn't be doing it now. Everything they do is about politics right now. That's wrong.

It's weird you are defending Democrats here.

No. The 2nd most popular republican candidate should not be the pick. RCV allows gaming of the system imo.

This is wild man.

We can't reject an electoral system because you think it will cause your preferred candidate to lose. That can't be the only reason.

Id say this is clear proof you have no actual interest in helping Americans or America and truly only care about your tribe.

You've literally posted multiple times a day for years about how rigged our elections are. How party insiders have ****ed with trump and Bernie and anyone out there speaking whatever the **** you think the truth is.

And here's a chance to get the parties out of the driver seat, and your response is: it doesn't help my guy enough?

**** me man. That's bad.

Reactions: yoshi121374
We supported their right to make a decision for their family or child. We told them that was ok with us, as a party, if parents and kids made this choice for themselves, and with th governments blessing.

And we told the kids that we believed them, and that we were going to do what it took to make things right for those kids.

And now, not so much, because votes that we won't get?

Tldr: we gave them support, then took it away for nothing. And that will create harm.
You're specifically referring to gender affirming surgery for minors?

This is wild man.

We can't reject an electoral system because you think it will cause your preferred candidate to lose. That can't be the only reason.

Id say this is clear proof you have no actual interest in helping Americans or America and truly only care about your tribe.

You've literally posted multiple times a day for years about how rigged our elections are. How party insiders have ****ed with trump and Bernie and anyone out there speaking whatever the **** you think the truth is.

And here's a chance to get the parties out of the driver seat, and your response is: it doesn't help my guy enough?

**** me man. That's bad.
Im just being honest bro. I dont like it but its not about selfishness. I just think it allows a less popular option to backdoor in and I am not for that. In Alaska the democrats put Murkowski back in office even though she was less supported by republicans in Alaska than the MAGA candidate. 22 was the first time Alaska used RCV to my recollection and they are now trying hard to repeal it. RCV was put in as a Murkowski special. She spearheaded it to ensure a return trip to DC for 4 more years.

I think this could be a struggle for Democrats. Certainly don’t think it’s as cut and dry as some here think it is.

Joe has vowed to stay in the race.

I don’t think people hate Donald Trump and America enough to vote for a demented Man.

I can’t believe this is what the democrats are trying to sell. Anyone who watched the debate KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt that Joe Biden is suffering from dementia.

I still think the only route for dems to have a chance at the general election is the 25th amendment. Too many high profile dems have already denounced Bidens health to backtrack on that assessment.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I'm no longer a Dem.

So here we are. ****.
Welcome to being an independent! Both sides loathe us, so get used to it.

Reactions: iceheart08
Funny enough, this coincides with me leaving a chief of staff job that was for a well known dem most of you would know.

I launched a consulting firm. And as an independent, I can go take money from everyone! Ha.

Working really hard for the RCV effort that's on the ballot now.

Because **** this shit.

Funny enough, this coincides with me leaving a chief of staff job that was for a well known dem most of you would know.

I launched a consulting firm. And as an independent, I can go take money from everyone! Ha.

Working really hard for the RCV effort that's on the ballot now.

Because **** this shit.
Hey you could work with Lauren Boebert. Oh yes!!

Hey you could work with Lauren Boebert. Oh yes!!

I don't work with extremists on either side anymore. :)

And, I've already beaten Lauren badly, when she along with her crew tried to recall a number of Dem politicians in 2019.

So I'm good there. :)

Sorry, I'm in a **** it all mood and just spent 1.5 hours on a plane without ac on the runway in DC on a day with a 110 heat index. ****ing united.

I don't work with extremists on either side anymore. :)

And, I've already beaten Lauren badly, when she along with her crew tried to recall a number of Dem politicians in 2019.

So I'm good there. :)

Sorry, I'm in a **** it all mood and just spent 1.5 hours on a plane without ac on the runway in DC on a day with a 110 heat index. ****ing united.
Hang in there. Will be interested to see where your new political independence leads. I am not holding any false hopes for you to join the Trump Train though. 😁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT