ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Writer’s opinion, “Stay out of South Carolina”

This^^^^ SC’s COVId rates shot up when people from the hot spots in the northeast started coming to the beach once they opened back up. Florida, same thing, and Arizona from all the Californians.

This is true, but stopping blaming others. They are coming here because we don’t give a f for the rules.

I say all this simply because I want CFB this fall. Just wear a mask and go about your normal day.

My family went to Murrells Inlet the last weekend in June. We also went to Myrtle to shop at Broadway and ate at NY Prime. This was supposedly a hot spot time for the Kung Flu in that area. We were smart and wore mask when shopping or around the elevators at the condo. Used hand sanitizer frequently. Of course we didn’t catch shit
Some high school kids from Ohio caught it, cause they were probaly sharing food and drinks. You know how some young kids are. The bottom line, is that if you’re smart, you probaly won’t catch it. If you do catch it, it will most likely be like a mild cold. Unless your really old or just unlucky.

Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
Yep. This is the absolute truth. Outside of the idiot protesters, people I’ve observed in Nova, MD, DC over the last few months are almost all wearing masks. Night and day compared to what I’ve seen in Charleston during the same time period. The divergence in the infection rates certainly correlates with the percentages of people being smart about taking proper precautions.
Hmmmmm Charleston has a mask ordinance along with just about every city and county in the state.

Va is one state that I didn’t visit. I’m not arguing the use of a mask. I’m simply saying that calling people in SC dumb for not wearing a mask and pretending like the rest of the country is; is disingenuous.
I have visited Virginia. Lunch while traveling was at a mom and pop truckers restaurant (Cracker Barrel was packed and had a waiting line - people outside were 50/50 masks). In the truckers restaurant, the staff was not wearing masks. I was one of the few patrons wearing one. This was near Richmond (rural).
My take is that masks and economic status directly correlates.
If South Carolina follows the same pattern as New York City, we should see a flattening out in August. The antibody sampling world wide (in particular New York City and Sweden) doesn't add up. The number of people with antibodies should be higher. Immunologists (outside the Fouchi circle) are suggesting than natural immunity is relatively high. That means herd immunity will occur at a much lower percentage of people with antibodies. I will grant that doesn't help the elderly and people with underlying conditions right now (masks please).

Reactions: RodnHe
Hydroxychloroquine is a Malaria drug. That's why it says for Obama to take it 2 days prior to arrival. He was prescribed the drug in advance of traveling to Africa.
So, it only kills you if taking for China flu, but is very safe for malaria. I agree. This makes sense to me

Did you ever serve in the military & deployed overseas....Odviously not, because you & Mark Levin would Know we took it days before going into a Malaria stricken region...Homework Homework & etc...
I have taken before going overseas. I know it is safe. That was not the point but you know that... anti-trumpers are either pedophiles or atheists - spin that.

I have taken before going overseas. I know it is safe. That was not the point but you know that... anti-trumpers are either pedophiles or atheists - spin that.
I cannot because I do not understand your point! My point is yes the drug has been proven safe for various things! However, Corvus is not one of them, I wish it was true & for the record, thus Christian believe Trump is the Worst ________!

Doesn't seem like Tourists are listening because Folly Beach is at max rental capacity this week. Not a single unit avail.

Parker is a right of center writer who mostly lives in SC. Her son went to CofC and W&L and worked for Lindsey Graham and Henry McMaster. They’re family friends with the (William F.) Buckleys. So no reason to be afraid of reading her column.
She is a bleeding heart liberal. All of her columns that we get in the Aiken Standard is owned by the Posts and Courier and ran in the Washington post. She needs to stay in D.C. That's where she fits. Guilty white woman.

Va is one state that I didn’t visit. I’m not arguing the use of a mask. I’m simply saying that calling people in SC dumb for not wearing a mask and pretending like the rest of the country is; is disingenuous.
Was in Kentucky last week and maybe 10% wearing masks.

Reactions: tigergrad03
How many of you read the actual article? Idiots.

Have always been at least 1 of those OPs in every article or video linked threads, but the numbers do seem to be going up these days. Still baffling so many are not willing to read or watch a link but instead are more than willing to just spout off totally unrelated foolishness on a subject they clearly didn’t even bother to take in.

Embarrassing many of those type folks represent themselves as South Carolinians. These type people are equally as bad as any 55mph left lane driver

Reactions: ddot7
Hmmmmm Charleston has a mask ordinance along with just about every city and county in the state.
Pretty sure most of SC did not have a mask ordinance in place until the last 2 weeks. It was recommended but it was not an official ordinance. I have been to many places around the state in the last 4 weeks including Charleston and other coastal places and what I saw was maybe half the population took it seriously and wore the mask properly, 1/4 of them had a mask but didn't use it properly or didn't wear it, and 1/4 didn't care at all and had no mask at all. None of the SC cities/counties mandated it until recently in roughly the last 2 weeks give or take a few days.

Those were my observations. It seems that most are taking it seriously now but there are still a bunch that aren't.

Pretty sure most of SC did not have a mask ordinance in place until the last 2 weeks. It was recommended but it was not an official ordinance. I have been to many places around the state in the last 4 weeks including Charleston and other coastal places and what I saw was maybe half the population took it seriously and wore the mask properly, 1/4 of them had a mask but didn't use it properly or didn't wear it, and 1/4 didn't care at all and had no mask at all. None of the SC cities/counties mandated it until recently in roughly the last 2 weeks give or take a few days.

Those were my observations. It seems that most are taking it seriously now but there are still a bunch that aren't.

I agree. Haven't been back to Charleston in a week or so, but vigilance noticeably increased somewhat after the numbers really started to rise and masks were made mandatory. Prior to that, there were tons of people in all sorts of settings taking no precaution. Those behaviors correlated with many statements on this board at the time claiming some sort of refusal or objection to wearing a mask. At the same time in the DMV area, almost everyone wore masks - even in the parking lot of large big box retailers you would see 99% of shoppers exit their car with a mask on. It was so stark a difference that traveling between the two locations was sort of bizarre. The daily infection rate charts also seem to correlate directly with those observations now that we are a few weeks out.

So, it only kills you if taking for China flu, but is very safe for malaria. I agree. This makes sense to me
Like all drugs, you should take them when your doctor says you have a need and that your medical history indicates you will be fine taking the drug. I don't think it's a good idea to take birth control if you're not a female, opiates without a serious injury, Lipitor if you don't have high cholesterol, etc. People taking any of those things could have bad, even life threatening reactions depending on their situation. The same is true with Hydroxychlorquine (obviously).

I don't know where the **** common sense has gone. The president has somehow temporarily made 30% of us complete morons. Cannot wait until this nightmare is over.

Has anyone checked her facts? She said that "SC has more cases per capita than most countries." Which might be true. However had she done her homework she would also know that Arizona (1,701.18 per 100K), Florida (1,315.01 per 100K) and DC (1,545.31 per 100K) have more cases per capita than SC (1,129.76 per 100K). If your going to roll out facts at least give everyone the complete set of facts and not just cherry pick. It is very disingenuous, to say the least.

BTW, the case fatality ratio of each are as follows:
SC - 1.67%
Arizona - 1.81%
Florida - 1.51%
DC - 5.21%

Dude it does not matter, some people have dug in & only believe what The Leader says! Hydroxychloroquine for Everyone!
Yea the media trick worked. Make the leader of the free world a criminal for taking hydroxychloroquine. That’s about as ass backwards as it gets. And the truth is it does work. You see trump knows what’s really going on but trying to explain it would be futile and would cause massive panic. But let’s pretend a drug that has been used for decades and cost $3-$20 is an issue. When we started to see pharmacy’s not sale it when a doctor writes it, that should be a major warning sign. But Fauci said it didn’t work so to hell with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
Yea the media trick worked. Make the leader of the free world a criminal for taking hydroxychloroquine. That’s about as ass backwards as it gets. And the truth is it does work. You see trump knows what’s really going on but trying to explain it would be futile and would cause massive panic. But let’s pretend a drug that has been used for decades and cost $3-$20 is an issue. When we started to see pharmacy’s not sale it when a doctor writes it, that should be a major warning sign. But Fauci said it didn’t work so to hell with it.
So, yes, I want to be clear & make sure I understand your position:
1. You Trust Trump Over Fauci?
2. You want the treatment, but your doctor prescribed prescriptions are not filled by Any Pharmacy?
3. The Media “Trick” has made Trump into A Criminal?
4. Hydroxychloriquine is the Cure All for Corvid 19 & you believe we would prefer; to wear mask, stay @ home & allow our businesses to go in the toilet than take hydroxychloriquine?

Well tigergead03, if those positions are correct...God Bless You & Please, Please Enjoy Your Hydroxychloriquine Daily Cocktails! Proverbs 3:5-6 & Amen To That,

Reactions: cp1275
So, yes, I want to be clear & make sure I understand your position:
1. You Trust Trump Over Fauci?
2. You want the treatment, but your doctor prescribed prescriptions are not filled by Any Pharmacy?
3. The Media “Trick” has made Trump into A Criminal?
4. Hydroxychloriquine is the Cure All for Corvid 19 & you believe we would prefer; to wear mask, stay @ home & allow our businesses to go in the toilet than take hydroxychloriquine?

Well tigergead03, if those positions are correct...God Bless You & Please, Please Enjoy Your Hydroxychloriquine Daily Cocktails! Proverbs 3:5-6 & Amen To That,
Oh were to begin.

1. Trump's actions tell the tale. I do not trust Fauci if for no other reason he, his wife, sister in law and brother in law, essentially control the medical industry. He has everything to gain monetarily from this whole circus. That alone should bring into question whether his intentions are true.

2. I never once said all Pharmacies. One in particular, the largest, refused to fill prescriptions for it. That does not make sense. I’ve never even heard of that happening before. Would I take it if needed? You bet. And I wouldn’t think twice. Not because of Trump, but because of what I know.

3. Tell me I’m wrong that the media doesn’t criminalize Trump in everything they do. The same media that guaranteed Clinton would be in the White House and that it was a given even on the day of the election. They had already printed the headlines that she won. And I would tell you without question, if she were there we wouldn’t have this problem. Not because of anything she did, but because everything we see is politically driven.

4. It is not the only drug that stops this mess. It’s one of a few that we know of. If people know the truth then they no longer can be told to stay at home, wear a mask or lose their business. But it takes the majority of people understanding how the narrative is being controlled. While no one in the general public wants to be at home, wear masks or lose anything, their are people that absolutely want this for us and know the consequences. If they control the main stream information, it doesn’t take many to make it work.

If any of the main-steam media outlets got on tv today and said we have a cure, the pandemic is over, it wouldn’t matter if it were true or not. Life would immediately go back to normal and how anyone could doubt this is beyond me.

Parker is a right of center writer who mostly lives in SC. Her son went to CofC and W&L and worked for Lindsey Graham and Henry McMaster. They’re family friends with the (William F.) Buckleys. So no reason to be afraid of reading her column.
Nope, she is full of CRAP! She lives part time in my hometown of Camden. She put herself out there for years as a conservative but showed her true colors when Trump was elected. She is part of the swamp just like Romney, McCain, et al. She is another elitist telling your average Joe/Jane that they are too stupid to know how to live. She lives part-time in an Antebellum home in Camden which was ground zero for the virus back in March. Looks like she fled to her coastal home to escape it. What she won't tell you is the virus started in Camden in a very private dining club called Springdale Hall which is straight out of the Old South with lots of black waiters in formal wear (she's a member). Someone spread it there after coming back from overseas before anyone knew about the virus. It's actually how former Gov. John West's son ended up getting the virus and succumbing to it. Go back and read her columns from 5 years ago and then read them right after Trump was elected. He must have rejected her at some point! These are the people we can't trust.

Nope, she is full of CRAP! She lives part time in my hometown of Camden. She put herself out there for years as a conservative but showed her true colors when Trump was elected. She is part of the swamp just like Romney, McCain, et al. She is another elitist telling your average Joe/Jane that they are too stupid to know how to live. She lives part-time in an Antebellum home in Camden which was ground zero for the virus back in March. Looks like she fled to her coastal home to escape it. What she won't tell you is the virus started in Camden in a very private dining club called Springdale Hall which is straight out of the Old South with lots of black waiters in formal wear (she's a member). Someone spread it there after coming back from overseas before anyone knew about the virus. It's actually how former Gov. John West's son ended up getting the virus and succumbing to it. Go back and read her columns from 5 years ago and then read them right after Trump was elected. He must have rejected her at some point! These are the people we can't trust.
I'm here for the GOP infighting but what makes Romney, McCain, et al "part of the swamp" vs the rest of the bunch and Trump? Is Trump not an elitist telling people how to live or do you fall for the idea that he's looking out for the average Joe or Jane?

Regarding Springdale Hall, that can't possibly true. I've read on here numerous times that it's all Yankees fault for bringing it to SC with them so stop lying to prove a point.

Oh were to begin.

1. Trump's actions tell the tale. I do not trust Fauci if for no other reason he, his wife, sister in law and brother in law, essentially control the medical industry. He has everything to gain monetarily from this whole circus. That alone should bring into question whether his intentions are true.

2. I never once said all Pharmacies. One in particular, the largest, refused to fill prescriptions for it. That does not make sense. I’ve never even heard of that happening before. Would I take it if needed? You bet. And I wouldn’t think twice. Not because of Trump, but because of what I know.

3. Tell me I’m wrong that the media doesn’t criminalize Trump in everything they do. The same media that guaranteed Clinton would be in the White House and that it was a given even on the day of the election. They had already printed the headlines that she won. And I would tell you without question, if she were there we wouldn’t have this problem. Not because of anything she did, but because everything we see is politically driven.

4. It is not the only drug that stops this mess. It’s one of a few that we know of. If people know the truth then they no longer can be told to stay at home, wear a mask or lose their business. But it takes the majority of people understanding how the narrative is being controlled. While no one in the general public wants to be at home, wear masks or lose anything, their are people that absolutely want this for us and know the consequences. If they control the main stream information, it doesn’t take many to make it work.

If any of the main-steam media outlets got on tv today and said we have a cure, the pandemic is over, it wouldn’t matter if it were true or not. Life would immediately go back to normal and how anyone could doubt this is beyond me.
Yikes!

When I was a kid, I used to love building sand castles inside the high tide mark a couple hours before the tide would hit that mark. My goal was to build a castle strong enough that it would survive the high tide. It obviously never did.

The reality is that the tide (COVID) is not going to be stopped by the sand castle (masks+).

I was listening to the "neutral" news this morning on NPR (sad) and they were interviewing a teacher in Arizona. She and two other teachers wearing full masks, gloves, eye protectors, and socially distanced were teaching an online class for the kids. Within 4 days all three had COVID and one of them sadly died. What they failed to mention is that the poor teacher that died had asthma, diabetes, lupus, and was over weight. She never had a chance.

The best you can do if you are in a high risk category is to stay home and wear a properly fitted N95 mask when you are around people until the tide has washed through the castle and subsides again to low tide. And there is a very good chance that COVID will continue to ebb and flow like the tied for a very, very, long time. We however can take heart that if any of us pass away in a given year, there is a 98% chance that it won't be due to COVID.

I'm here for the GOP infighting but what makes Romney, McCain, et al "part of the swamp" vs the rest of the bunch and Trump? Is Trump not an elitist telling people how to live or do you fall for the idea that he's looking out for the average Joe or Jane?

Regarding Springdale Hall, that can't possibly true. I've read on here numerous times that it's all Yankees fault for bringing it to SC with them so stop lying to prove a point.
Trump is a disruptor. He is neither Republican nor Democrat. And most members of Springdale Hall are Yankees!

Trump is a disruptor. He is neither Republican nor Democrat. And most members of Springdale Hall are Yankees!
Okay, then expand further if you really believe that? How did this writer show her true colors when Trump was elected? If he's really not a Republican, what was the issue with her and what was the issue with McCain, Romney, etc?

I just have no sense of why people who might not be true Republicans are evil, whether it's politicians or journalists...but Trump is worth sacrificing any possible sense of decency for? Is that in part because he's a "disruptor'?

Oh were to begin.

Ok...

1. You chose Trump over a scientist who is World Renowned & has worked in administrations of both parties since the 70s... Nope not with you, so no to hydroxy!
2. So you have the hydroxy, want the hydroxy or man Your Not Heeding To Trump because you said you can get the hydroxy...Are you confused or just afraid to take the hydroxy! Personally I am with Fauci!
3. The President of The US of America getting criticized by the media, which includes Fox News...go figure, It Happens!
4. No it’s not, your making this up that is why you can’t give any that are approved by Legitimate Scientists! Wake up & stop making things up! We All Want Something That Works!

Media controls the Pandemic? Man Stop, Please!

Reactions: CU Alumnus
Ok...

1. You chose Trump over a scientist who is World Renowned & has worked in administrations of both parties since the 70s... Nope not with you, so no to hydroxy!
2. So you have the hydroxy, want the hydroxy or man Your Not Heeding To Trump because you said you can get the hydroxy...Are you confused or just afraid to take the hydroxy! Personally I am with Fauci!
3. The President of The US of America getting criticized by the media, which includes Fox News...go figure, It Happens!
4. No it’s not, your making this up that is why you can’t give any that are approved by Legitimate Scientists! Wake up & stop making things up! We All Want Something That Works!

Media controls the Pandemic? Man Stop, Please!
Ok I know where you stand. That’s cool. Agree to disagree. I’m glad to see you stand for something. We don’t have to agree. If everyone did nothing great would ever get done.

This is one of the few times I'm not even going to bother reading... A Yankee writer for yankee readers says to stay out of SC. This is a solid win for SC. Liink this, post it, talk about it over coffee. Post it on facebook with a picture of someone burning bodies. There's no downside to fewer people from "up north" NOT coming to SC.

Agreed.

It's kinda like how some people think anyone in Texas can buy an actual machine gun at the local Guns, Liquor, Tobacco and Tire store. You can't, but what harm can come from the people who would actually believe that, believing that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT