ADVERTISEMENT

Sick and tired about this 110 Collective whining

FM92 Tiger

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2006
Here are a few pertinent facts:
  1. Clemson has a strong but blue grass alumni base.
  2. Clemson is fortunate to have some very successful alumni.
  3. These alumni have contributed to major cornerstone projects in the past 10 years. Think West Zone, Dabo Land, Littlejohn expansion, Kingsmore stadium expansion, softball/lacrosse practice fields, golf expenditures, etc.
  4. Unfortunately, many our rivals have larger alumni bases, which can lead to these rivals having large amounts of discretionary income, hence more alumni giving,
  5. Think about IPTAY seat licenses, increase in IPTAY dues, increase in season ticket prices.
  6. 6 plus years of college football playoff trips have taken a toll on a huge number of alumni.
  7. I do not know Charlie Davis; however, I think CD is doing an ex ordinary amount of work for the benefit of Clemson University for free. He is a successful businessman and probably has a great plan in place to make the collective successful.
  8. 25% overhead fee for the initial year in a startup LLC (Legal and IT software) is par for the course. There are some fees you cannot avoid. Legal and IT expenses are not cheap for new LLC's. The overhead fee will see dramatic reductions in the next years.
  9. Clemson is admitting and retaining students that have larger amounts of discretionary family income compared to students 20 years ago.
I really think many CU alumni are tapped out per say; however, I do think there are strategic initiatives in place to satisfy scholarship commitments and NIL commitments.

If there is one consistent about Clemson University, Clemson has always found a way to be competitive, think back to IPTAY's beginning in the 1930's and larger giving increases in the 70's & 80's.

Our current NIL situation may look bleak in the moment, but I'm confident the right people and processes are in place to make CU Athletics successful in the short term and sustainable in the long term.

Let's stop whining and complaining about initiatives that are attempting to make our great University better. Let's be grateful for the great Leadership and alumni base we have that are striving for greater things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News