ADVERTISEMENT

So this is what the rise of Hitler was like…

Not very educated and informed if you think local politics on the Trump side resembles the Rise of Hitler

The Rise of Hitler and the Democratic Playbook over the last decade are in lock step

The Nazi Party and Democratic Party do not have much daylight between them in their ideology

I expect Hail Biden salutes soon

Not very educated and informed if you think local politics on the Trump side resembles the Rise of Hitler

The Rise of Hitler and the Democratic Playbook over the last decade are in lock step

The Nazi Party and Democratic Party do not have much daylight between them in their ideology

I expect Hail Biden salutes soon
You obviously have very little understanding of fascism. I’d suggest you study more before engaging in online debate.

Op having a mental health crisis right before our eyes is hard to watch.
He won’t be the last. There will be a lot of crazy this year.
I truly don’t understand how you can watch those clips and then call the person who is worried about them “crazy.”

Dude is playing an alternate national anthem, making martyrs out of criminals, and saying it’ll be a “bloodbath” if he isn’t elected. How is this not extremely worrisome to everyone?

I truly don’t understand how you can watch those clips and then call the person who is worried about them “crazy.”

Dude is playing an alternate national anthem, making martyrs out of criminals, and saying it’ll be a “bloodbath” if he isn’t elected. How is this not extremely worrisome to everyone?
They are too ignorant and stubborn to see what is going on. It’s a shame SC doesn’t invest in education but I guess this is how the Republican Party wins.

Reactions: Desperadeau

you seem to be laboring under the illusion that I support it or don’t find it concerning. I do have issues with it and find it concerning. Just as I find a frequent inability to speak in coherent sentences, manage to secure a border in 4 years, or find your way off a stage concerning in a presidential candidate.

This election is about surviving the next 4 years until we can hopefully get a new batch of better - or at least not massively flawed - candidates. It’s a shit sandwich with 2 horrific candidates. I’m capable of recognizing that and not melting down like a preteen girl and tweet storming a forum on a college football website with some interjected inanities in the name of team politics whilst yelling at everyone who disagrees with me about their team politics.

you seem to be laboring under the illusion that I support it or don’t find it concerning. I do have issues with it and find it concerning. Just as I find a frequent inability to speak in coherent sentences, manage to secure a border in 4 years, or find your way off a stage concerning in a presidential candidate.
I just don’t understand the comparison here. To say that meh there’s just 2 bad options isn’t correct. One option is clearly, clearly worse because he’s malevolent and actively, openly wants to create an authoritarian state. The idea that Biden is just as bad because he trips up over his words is wild to me.

I just don’t understand the comparison here. To say that meh there’s just 2 bad options isn’t correct. One option is clearly, clearly worse because he’s malevolent and actively, openly wants to create an authoritarian state. The idea that Biden is just as bad because he trips up over his words is wild to me.
Biden has a stutter, which is completely irrelevant to his ability to lead.

It’s just that some folks want to think they are open-minded and objective but don’t want to actually give up team sports. Unless you are a Maga Russian troll who lives in an alternate reality, you can’t make the argument that Biden is as big of a risk to this country as Trump.

Tripping over words =\= to gross incompetence. I’ll entertain arguments as to which is worse - massive incompetence or megalomania - within a framework of checks and balances. But, ignoring one and constantly handwringing about the other is partisan nonsense. The fact is that both suck, and it’s bullshit that we’re in this position at all. That’s what should piss people off.

Reactions: CUT93
Tripping over words =\= to gross incompetence. I’ll entertain arguments as to which is worse - massive incompetence or megalomania - within a framework of checks and balances. But, ignoring one and constantly handwringing about the other is partisan nonsense. The fact is that both suck, and it’s bullshit that we’re in this position at all. That’s what should piss people off.
I’ll gladly choose gross incompetence over malevolent authoritarian 100% of the time. I don’t really see how there’s even an argument there.

Reactions: clemsontiger02
well...while the country is quickly decending into a 3rd world banana republic...it's nottttttttt exactly germany post ww1 but since when does knowing anything about history matter?

however, in the context of a authoritarian govt using lies and propaganda to justify a continual expansion of its power and weaponizing that to silence anyone who challenges it...well...there are some similarities. unfortunately, your brain is about as useful as tits on a bull and you don't actually have any substantive reasoning behind your statement that would logically justify it. just a muppet repeating something you were told to think.

ironically, history is going to look back at you dolts and say "never again". which apparently only means until the next economic power achieves such largesse that the masses are reduced to thoughtless, fat, lazy, idiots who walk the world into its next catastrophe. so you got that goin for ya.

I’ll gladly choose gross incompetence over malevolent authoritarian 100% of the time. I don’t really see how there’s even an argument there.
I'll explain it the way I see it. For me the what is going to be the result of ___________ becoming potus is more important than how do I feel about __________.
I am am in full agreement that trumps sucks as a human being, is childish, boorish, and may in fact want to be king. Biden is no peach of a man either, so it's not like we are talking about hitler vs gandhi. As an aside, I would love to be king for a while myself if I'm being honest, but I digress.
First, I think trump says outlandish things in part, just to get coverage and have people get their panties twisted in a wad. Does he mean some of the things he says? Absolutely. Does he mean everything he says literally? Absolutely not. Take this obsession you have with him being an authoritarian. I assume it based widely on his comment grossly reported without context, or in full. His comment was that he was going to be an authoritarian on his first day in office- and only that day.
For arguments sake though, let's just say he plans authoritarian rule for his entire term. He plans to do whatever he wants no matter what anyone else thinks about it, right? What seems to escape the thought process of all the simpletons using this as fearmongering is that we actually have a system of govt that makes that impossible. As far as actually impacting what happens, the potus' most influential powers are his veto and nominating/appointing judges(including scotus). The potus can not make or pass legislation, can not change the constitution, can not make unilateral laws by fiat, or otherwise force what he wants to be done.
I'll admit I have a hard time accepting i am going to have to vote for trump, knowing I will want to punch him in the face almost every day he is potus. However, if I was ever on the fence, his state of the union speech knocked me completely off said fence. The list of items on his desired spending spree that would inevitably be supported by democrats, is simply to massive to support. Free daycare, universal sick leave, $400/month mortgage assistance for new home buyers as well and anyone who refinances their mortgage while at the same time getting rid of mortgage insurance, universal healthcare, vowing to veto any bills changing social security payments or the qualifying age, ...... and likely several more. Those are just the ones I caught on closed caption as I did not have the volume on. While Trump spent $$$ like a drunken sailor in office, it would pale in comparison to what would happen if biden and the dems have unfettered control. Not to mention the massive tax increases it will take to fund the wish list. It would ruin the country for decades.
I fully understand much of that does not bother you as you are liberal. I am speaking from the viewpoint of a fiscally conservative(which used to be republican) viewpoint.

I'll explain it the way I see it. For me the what is going to be the result of ___________ becoming potus is more important than how do I feel about __________.
I am am in full agreement that trumps sucks as a human being, is childish, boorish, and may in fact want to be king. Biden is no peach of a man either, so it's not like we are talking about hitler vs gandhi. As an aside, I would love to be king for a while myself if I'm being honest, but I digress.
First, I think trump says outlandish things in part, just to get coverage and have people get their panties twisted in a wad. Does he mean some of the things he says? Absolutely. Does he mean everything he says literally? Absolutely not. Take this obsession you have with him being an authoritarian. I assume it based widely on his comment grossly reported without context, or in full. His comment was that he was going to be an authoritarian on his first day in office- and only that day.
For arguments sake though, let's just say he plans authoritarian rule for his entire term. He plans to do whatever he wants no matter what anyone else thinks about it, right? What seems to escape the thought process of all the simpletons using this as fearmongering is that we actually have a system of govt that makes that impossible. As far as actually impacting what happens, the potus' most influential powers are his veto and nominating/appointing judges(including scotus). The potus can not make or pass legislation, can not change the constitution, can not make unilateral laws by fiat, or otherwise force what he wants to be done.
I'll admit I have a hard time accepting i am going to have to vote for trump, knowing I will want to punch him in the face almost every day he is potus. However, if I was ever on the fence, his state of the union speech knocked me completely off said fence. The list of items on his desired spending spree that would inevitably be supported by democrats, is simply to massive to support. Free daycare, universal sick leave, $400/month mortgage assistance for new home buyers as well and anyone who refinances their mortgage while at the same time getting rid of mortgage insurance, universal healthcare, vowing to veto any bills changing social security payments or the qualifying age, ...... and likely several more. Those are just the ones I caught on closed caption as I did not have the volume on. While Trump spent $$$ like a drunken sailor in office, it would pale in comparison to what would happen if biden and the dems have unfettered control. Not to mention the massive tax increases it will take to fund the wish list. It would ruin the country for decades.
I fully understand much of that does not bother you as you are liberal. I am speaking from the viewpoint of a fiscally conservative(which used to be republican) viewpoint.
My “obsession” with him being an authoritarian is based on years of things he’s said and done that point to him absolutely craving authoritarian type power. The “I’m going to be a dictator” quote is simply a part of a large amalgamation of quotes and actions over the years. Also, its weird you would defend it as him being a dictator for “only a day.” I doubt your reaction would be similar if Biden or another Democrat said that.

Secondly, you’re right in that we have a system of checks and balances, but Trump’s goal, as would be any authoritarian’s - is to thwart that system and find a way around that. He tried to do this multiple time after the 2020 election, and is currently under indictment for it. Yet we have people like you who still support him, so it doesn’t seem ya’ll are really all that interested in the rule of law or checks and balances.

Those same exact checks and balances you reference are also in place for Biden and would exist to stop him from pushing through the legislation you’re worried about in regards to spending and social programs. Hell, Biden can’t even get an immigration bill that was written by Republicans passed through the Senate, so the chances of him getting his entire domestic legislative agenda through are pretty slim.

Now your argument, I assume, would be that if Democrats have control of congress they will rubber stamp a lot of his agenda. That may well be true, but it is also true of Republicans and Trump. So any argument you make regarding the system of checks and balances works just as well the other way.

Moreover, if we compare the two, the worst case scenario of Biden accomplishing all of his goals is more government spending and a tax increase. The worst case scenario of Trump accomplishing all of his goals is an undoing of the American rule of law and most of the things we hold dear in the country, such as freedom of religion - which is very specifically attacked in the project 2025 agenda - and the very checks and balances you talk about. One is clearly worse than the other as one is an actual existential threat to the country.

And to say its hysterical to believe so shows you haven’t been paying attention. In 2020 Trump told us over and over and over again he would refuse to accept the election results if he lost, which would create a massive constitutional crisis, and when I and others said that we were worried he’d follow through with that commitment, we were told we were hysterical and that we were “living in our own reality.“ 3.5 years later and Trump still hasn’t accepted the election results and has created multiple constitutional crises. So the ”Trump just says outlandish things” argument doesn’t hold true. He tends to follow through with those outlandish things.

I’d also argue that the most influential powers the President has is not appointing judges or veto, but rather his role as commander in chief. This is particularly important when Trump has floated the idea of deploying the military within US cities and against US citizens.

In terms of is Biden a great choice for President, no I wouldn’t argue that’s the case, but against Trump he is absolutely a preferable choice. Its not close. Its important to remember that other authoritarian regimes were freely elected before becoming authoritarian. I don’t like the Trump/Hitler comparison because - to this point - Trump hasn’t advocated for genocide and doesn‘t talk much about eugenics (though saying immigrants are “poisoning the blood” of our country is pretty Nazi-esque). But there are some clear parallels to what is happening now and what happened in Germany that led to Nazi rule. The journeys are similar and the warning signs are there.

But there are too many “good germans“ like you who are so afraid of a possible, what? 3% tax increase? 4%? And so convinced that it can’t happen in America despite it happening before your very eyes that worrying about the future of the Republic if Trump is re-elected is far, far from hysterical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT