ADVERTISEMENT

Something To Think About

amynhop

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2005
ukMNlLv.png

Although it isn't incorrect, it is the same kind of platitude spewed by the other side. It is reflective of how a large portion of our society decides what side of an issue they are on. No in depth analysis needed just give them 140 characters or a 30 second clip supporting their viewpoint and watch the $$ roll in.

I wish the debate was more thoughtful.

All schools needs security enhanced a lot. You never see a prison being shot up

That is a false equivalency but I agree with your point.

Why can't we have something simple? Like you have to have an ID and scan it to get into the school. Heck you could keep all the classroom doors locked from gaining access from the hall unless you swipe your ID. Kids could only go to classrooms that are on their schedule.

100% fool proof, nothing is, but it seems like a sensible low cost measure. Most kids already have to have their ID on display while at school.

Reactions: Florida Tiger

Why can't we have something simple? Like you have to have an ID and scan it to get into the school. Heck you could keep all the classroom doors locked from gaining access from the hall unless you swipe your ID. Kids could only go to classrooms that are on their schedule.

100% fool proof, nothing is, but it seems like a sensible low cost measure. Most kids already have to have their ID on display while at school.

What if kids are outside or what's to prevent an unwelcome intruder walking in at the same time the Legit ID is scanned? Exactly the way it is at a local elementary school and you can walk right in when the door is open by the legit entry.

What if kids are outside or what's to prevent an unwelcome intruder walking in at the same time the Legit ID is scanned? Exactly the way it is at a local elementary school and you can walk right in when the door is open by the legit entry.

Well if someone tries to "piggy back" in that would be a good time to tell someone. My childs school has fences around the play ground. And there is only one door that is open during school hours and you have to walk by the front desk that is always manned. There is only one way "into" the campus where students are.

Again I am not saying it is a perfect solution but your hospital has more security than most schools and i would bet much of that has to do with controlled access points. Its like the old saying, a lock only keeps an honest man out. Its something to try before we decide to militarize our schools and have armed guards, much like a prison. Not that I am completely against that but I think there are a few things less drastic we can try before.

There are hundreds of ways you are more likely to die than in a school shooting. Maybe we should really focus on those things first.

Reactions: Grumplin
Well if someone tries to "piggy back" in that would be a good time to tell someone. My childs school has fences around the play ground. And there is only one door that is open during school hours and you have to walk by the front desk that is always manned. There is only one way "into" the campus where students are.

Again I am not saying it is a perfect solution but your hospital has more security than most schools and i would bet much of that has to do with controlled access points. Its like the old saying, a lock only keeps an honest man out. Its something to try before we decide to militarize our schools and have armed guards, much like a prison. Not that I am completely against that but I think there are a few things less drastic we can try before.

There are hundreds of ways you are more likely to die than in a school shooting. Maybe we should really focus on those things first.

I hear what you're saying but I think these are drastic times we live in and they require drastic measures to stop this senseless slaughtering of the innocent. All these evil sickos know how vulnerable schools are and that they are easy targets. One of these crazies needs to be met by an armed guard who blows his brains out. We need to send a message. Now.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
I hear what you're saying but I think these are drastic times we live in and they require drastic measures to stop this senseless slaughtering of the innocent. All these evil sickos know how vulnerable schools are and that they are easy targets. One of these crazies needs to be met by an armed guard who blows his brains out. We need to send a message. Now.

Policies made in a time of high emotion tend to be less than effective.

One kid being killed is too many but lets not jump the shark. Not trying to minimize it but 228 killed and 278 injured in "school shootings" since 2000. And school shootings is loosely defined as any shooting that takes place on school campuses or grounds from kindergarten through colleges.

Yes these are drastic times IN AMERICA. Are there students in any other country where kids face a greater chance of being shot by young males?

And why is that risk so much higher in the US? Is mental illness abnormally higher in the richest nation on earth? I don’t think so. Are violent video games any more common in US than say Europe? I don’t think so. Do fewer people go to Christian churches in the US than say Europe? Nope. (Those Europeans are pretty godless, you know.)

Hmmm. What might be the factor that separates our experience compared to kids in Europe or Asia? Might be it availability of assault style weapons?

BINGO.

Guess we can’t do anything about these drastic times. Better build walls around every school so kids won’t get shot in the playgrounds because we certainly have no interest in addressing the availability of assault style weapons, do we?

Well I’m this specific case the FBI could have easily prevented it. Since they were warned about it at the beginning of January.

Reactions: amynhop

Would be a great start

Because psychos arent scared of unarmed people shithead

But "pyschos" are afraid of armed people?

You seem to still think it's ok to compare a prison to a school? And to argue that they should have similar security systems is flat out insane.

You seem to still think it's ok to compare a prison to a school? And to argue that they should have similar security systems is flat out insane.
I really feel logic really effs with your emotions. My post wasnt to compare but improve security.

In the real world the "Good Guys" have them as do the Bad Guys.. So what's your point??
Actually they don't. You think it's a coincidence that all of these shootings happen at places where most people either do not own a gun, or at the very least, aren't carrying their gun??

Unlike in prison, in the real world, the good guys with guns are far outnumbered by the bad guys with guns.

Reactions: other1

I did not realize you were that old, but clearly you've been out of school for too long. Prisoners have more freedom in prison, even with all of the security measures, than students do while they are in school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT